Did you see any good cars today ?

JustHatched

28 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Damn, GTE doesn't mean it's fast?

I'd be wary of VW's claims that it'll do 30 miles on battery power alone, their claims have a habit of being incorrect :D

Electric cars are cool, but very few work in every day life, unless they use the engine to constantly charge the battery, the range is simply not enough to convince most people. Then there's the lack of charging points, at least in Wales, London alone has more.

The manufacturing and transportation of electric motors before they're even driven probably reduces any tree's that may have been saved :lol:

Personally I would have got the diesel VW Passat GT 150, but the GTE is nice and will no doubt be rare. The price is a little outrageous though, especially when you consider the BMW 5 Series Touring starts at £33K.

I could never afford, nor would i purchase a brand new car. But since the company is picking up the bill there are a few key aspects that I consider.

The cost (tax) for the driver is reduced by 50% since the car can be charged and driven on electricity alone. It doesnt matter that you have a petrol engine as well, even though it makes the car as useful as any normal car.

Even if the range on electricity is less than 50% of what is claimed, I can still run on electricity going to and home from work. This is another big saving for me, as I drive a big multivan today.

As far as performance, the power when the two engines are combined will be way more than what I am used to.

And last, but still important, I like the looks.

I will get back once I get to try it out.

Cars & Coffee this morning. Talked with the owner of a stickerbombeb Mazda RX-8. If I keep this up, I should talk with more and more owners and hopefully be able to get in a few cars for a few runs in the passenger seat.

My objective is to "befriend" the dude who owns the Aston Martin V12 Vantage, Lamborghini Huracan and Ferrari 488 GTB :D

25764316775_be64dd5459_c.jpg

Porsche 911 Carrera RSR

25669286351_83be256eed_c.jpg

Porsche 911 (997) GT2

25738339086_3fce3670ce_c.jpg

Porsche 911 (991) Carrera S

25134123394_2644045da3_c.jpg

BMW 1M Coupe (E82)

25669454731_81e7e70d01_c.jpg

BMW Z8

25669411151_7aa1532b27_c.jpg

Ferrari 488 GTB (216205)

25764608625_d5b179f194_c.jpg

Auburn Speedster (replica)

• Like 5

@no_snacks Found you this GTE.

xMB7cBv.jpg

@DavidCore89 A 5-series just for you.

dODm4TZ.jpg

The GTE mode is alot of fun. It combines the electric (115 hk) engine and the petrol engine (156 hk).

I think i managed to turn the studded tires into regular tires on my way home, good thing spring is close.

• Like 1

I have wanted a charger for a couple of years now. Preferably an SRT. However, once they changed to that terrible new front end, I changed my mind.

I still like the Challenger, how long before they kill it's looks?

-------------------------------

Today on the way home from work I saw a real life Brawler. Not sure of the name but damn did R* make an exact copy.

12 hours ago, Beez said:

BeezWife spotted a McLaren in shitty Hudson, Massachusetts yesterday. She texted me a photo of it.

I saw one last weekend tiptoeing along a very potholed road last weekend. Sounded great!

Speaking of McLaren.

A few months ago I saw a sliver McLaren 650 Spider outside some shops with a teenager pretty much jumping all over the hood (showing off to his friends).

I thought it was quite funny and considered taking a pic, but I knew whoever owned it would be pissed, and sure enough one super angry man came running at him, but the teenager was quick enough to get away.

Few days later it was in my local newspaper, the guy got fined nearly £4000 for just denting the hood.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Thought I'd post up some Rust In Pieces stuff I've come across over the last few years whilst driving around.

Rover P4.

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Bugle beach buggy - based on a shortened VW Beetle floorpan

IMG_0348.jpg

Morris Minor. There was another one in the same field in an even worse state!

IMG_0690.jpg

I'd driven past this old shed dozens of times. Then one day I spotted a chrome door handle in the darkness, so stopped to take a peek.

IMG_1226.jpg

Inside was this Hillman Hunter.

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

Similar scenario with this one - a ruin of a cottage with a homemade garage next to it, all covered with trees and bushes.

Morris Minor Traveller.

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4111.jpg

Edited by TheBoyBry
  • Like 7

On 20 March 2016 at 5:52 PM, Sinister said:

As much as it hurts the gear head side of me, I love looking at photos of rusted relics.

I've seen others too, but not had a chance to stop and take a look.

Seen a 70 Chevelle SS today, I didn't get a pic but it looked very close to this

2314_main_f.jpg

• Like 4

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 1 month later...

Saw this Bandit livery Trans-Am for sale in Cornwall the other day. Rubbish pic as I was in a moving vehicle. No idea on price either

A3594A55-4443-48DC-9EEE-31765CF75122.jpg

Edited by TheBoyBry
  • Like 3

Chevrolet Capitol 1927 (and some other old stuff)

Spoiler

BLSrwsh.jpg

h2lsMQT.jpg

From year 18**:

naU5gZx.jpg

wMdbyNI.jpg

From year 16**:

aYr5HiP.jpg

Edited by Lann
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Towed another hot one today. 

duRO67r.jpg

1970 Stingray. Body off resto. Put onto a tube chassis. All aluminum Suspension, rear subframe, and a hypo LS under the hood. The convertible top is no longer in the car, that has been replaced with the fuel cell. 

Car was amazing. 

• Like 4

Dodgeservice.png

On 5/23/2016 at 8:41 PM, Dodge said:

Towed another hot one today. 

duRO67r.jpg

1970 Stingray. Body off resto. Put onto a tube chassis. All aluminum Suspension, rear subframe, and a hypo LS under the hood. The convertible top is no longer in the car, that has been replaced with the fuel cell. 

Car was amazing. 

You run the straps thru the wheels? I know there isn't alot to really hook to one the body style of vette, I know them well, but damn if you'd a scratched them wheels it could get expensive.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: