What're you listening to right now?

JustHatched

Great track and you might recognise a certain brilliant hook which made an excellent sample years later

Girl Talk is a mashup dj, which you either think is shite or amazing. I happen to think it's amazing, and this is one of my favourite examples.  I especially like the Metallica/Lil' Mama bit at the end.

Bonus points if you can name all the samples ;) 

• Like 2

This guy wrote so many heartbreaking, uplifting and ultimately beautiful songs. Was upsetting hearing the news yesterday and just sad that he couldn’t be at peace with himself. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Call me a West Coast Homer but I love this shit! A post N.W.A. Dr. Dre with the introduction of Snoop Dogg to the world.

I must say I like the updated and more explicit version better but I still can't help bobbing my head. :)

Edited by omarcomin71
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, omarcomin71 said:

Call me a West Coast Homer but I love this shit! A post N.W.A. Dr. Dre with the introduction of Snoop Dogg to the world.

I must say I like the explicit version better but I still can't help bobbing my head. :)

East Coast Homer here!! But when the West Coast began dropping gems like this...we had to stand up and pay attention. Which leads me to the corny af East vs West rap wars. All that did was get two of the most influential artists on both sides at the time, killed. So moronic, that whole thing. Because in my hood, we didnt have to choose, we listened to what we wanted to. In fact, i gravitated more towards the messages coming from the West Coast because the East Coast hip-hop was turned into some commercial for $500 bottles of champagne and $250K cars that delusional motherfuckers from the hood would never be able to afford and actually increased their criminal activity and crack sales because now these idiots had to have Versace on while driving a big Benz that they couldnt even afford the maintenance on...but there was Puff Daddy singing about that expensive useless shit that the East Coast hood never needed. I was a huge hip-hop head but stopped buying the music when it went from stories of struggles to stories of fucking seven hoes in my Rolls Royce with my Versace underwear on. Word life. Thankfully Dancehall had my back and is what I adopted as the soundtrack of my life. 

This Straight Up Menace instrumental is in my ear at least once a month.

And when this D.O.C. came out...we couldn't stop playing it. I remember brothers at the park asking, what were we listening to. So you know when GTA brought it to the radio, Con was cruising down San Andreas fucking chillin'! 

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Con said:

East Coast Homer here!! But when the West Coast began dropping gems like this...we had to stand up and pay attention. Which leads me to the corny af East vs West rap wars. All that did was get two of the most influential artists on both sides at the time, killed. So moronic, that whole thing. Because in my hood, we didnt have to choose, we listened to what we wanted to. In fact, i gravitated more towards the messages coming from the West Coast because the East Coast hip-hop was turned into some commercial for $500 bottles of champagne and $250K cars that delusional motherfuckers from the hood would never be able to afford...but there was Puff Daddy singing about that expensive useless shit that the East Coast hood never needed. I was a huge hip-hop head but stopped buying the music when it went from stories of struggles to stories of fucking seven hoes in my Rolls Royce with my Versace underwear. Word life.

I agree, well said!  I still listen to a fair amount of rap but it's just not the same.  Now I mainly listen for the beats, music and production.   And yeah it's a shame 2PAC and Biggie got caught up in all the BS.   If alive today there's no doubt the beef would have been squashed.  They sold a ton of records with that feud.  

20 minutes ago, omarcomin71 said:

I agree, well said!  I still listen to a fair amount of rap but it's just not the same.  Now I mainly listen for the beats, music and production.   And yeah it's a shame 2PAC and Biggie got caught up in all the BS.   If alive today there's no doubt the beef would have been squashed.  They sold a ton of records with that feud.  

Oh that beef would have been turned into something positive. The fans would have squashed that shit on Twitter for all of us. I try to listen to current hip-hop but i can't. Mainly because I come from this era...This is what Hip-Hop means to me....these songs.

Yes, @:32 is where I got my gamer name from!!! :D 

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

Mumble rap and all the other crap out there today is terrible. Give me old school any day. G Funk was the best, love me some Dre. Still remember the first time I heard it. This teenage head banger was hooked.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Mumble rap and all the other crap out there today is terrible. Give me old school any day. G Funk was the best, love me some Dre. Still remember the first time I heard it. This teenage head banger was hooked.

Mumble rap is blasphemy to anyone that grew up with Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. 

Man, that's why I loved my inner-city, while hip-hop was the norm, we would listen to everything. We had a neighbor that rocked Van Halen. The Jump song, man, that was like a secret hood anthem. :D When Aeromsmith did that Walk This Way with Run DMC...that shit was beautiful. You know how they trade jerseys after soccer matches, that was us trading t-shirts at school. We have a festival called the Oyster Festival and we would wear our Aerosmith and Quiet Riot t-shirts to it! So wish we had iphones because those pics would be so f'en epic today. 

On 5/25/2018 at 3:56 PM, Con said:

Mumble rap is blasphemy to anyone that grew up with Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five. 

Man, that's why I loved my inner-city, while hip-hop was the norm, we would listen to everything. We had a neighbor that rocked Van Halen. The Jump song, man, that was like a secret hood anthem. :D When Aeromsmith did that Walk This Way with Run DMC...that shit was beautiful. You know how they trade jerseys after soccer matches, that was us trading t-shirts at school. We have a festival called the Oyster Festival and we would wear our Aerosmith and Quiet Riot t-shirts to it! So wish we had iphones because those pics would be so f'en epic today. 

There are a lot of good beats but thats about it, I think its only the Migo's group would be the one of the few things I can listen to. J Cole & Kendrick are pushing the old school stuff but it doesn'th hitlike back in the day. Joyner Lucas seems to have the talent, only time will tell I guess. Then there is also Lil Dicky & Action Bronson.

Edited by Smurf
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Greta Van Fleet

I just recently found out about these guys. And I gotta say, as a huge Led Zeppelin fan, I'm digging the shit outta this. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DeaD_GooN said:

Greta Van Fleet

I just recently found out about these guys. And I gotta say, as a huge Led Zeppelin fan, I'm digging the shit outta this. 

Yeah, I've been listening to them for a bit. Even though they have the Zepplin sound it is a great to hear something new instead of the normal new rock that comes out

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081: