What do you do?

JustHatched

Partner/manager/cfo of a small company with 30 staff working primarily with accounting.

Some days its ok, some days it suck.

I'm studying to become a social worker.

My wifes occupation, can be though.

Document researcher at UCSD in La Jolla Ca for a firm in Northern California.

It can get really busy at times but there's also a lot of down time.

The down time allows me to surf the web including this wonderful website. B)

• Like 2

I'm one of the only one male secretary in the world :D

I work in a public hight school and I handle all the paperwork, whether its for kids, teachers, parents, Ministry of Education or the school principal.

It's not what you would qualify as an interesting job but it's not bad. I do different things as the school year goes by and some stuff can be pretty cool, like setting up school trips.

And I work in what we call a sensitive school, located in the middle of the poorest district in my city so there's never a dull moment.

• Like 3

I am a diesel truck mechanic. Mainly work on semi trucks but deal with garbage trucks, dump trucks, buses, etc. I do everything thing from wiper blades to engine overhauls.

• Like 3

Rose and I own our flower shop, got a couple employees

Rose is a florist and I am the mule (delivery, building maintenance, paperwork, "this is broke, fix it", "this is heavy, carry it for me", etc..)

• Like 6

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I've done a PhD in Biochemistry last year, worked for a half a year as a Research Assistant in a university lab, but kind lost interest in this. I'm also running a business with friends which supports tech start-ups, but we're not completely sustainable yet so I kinda have to find a job that actually pays for rent :D 

Although I studied graphic design, I worked for a year at my brother's dental prosthetics lab, but after losing a major client I had to be let go. Been searching for some months for something new, but it's not proving easy :)

Events Manager and Super Moderator. I love the job, but I haven't seen a paycheck yet. :P

Oh wait, my real job. Eh, I work at an airport, but they won't let me fly. I can go out onto most of the runway though. Overall though, the commute is terrible, the pay is shit, the hours can be draining, and it isn't anything I like to think about when I'm not there. I envy people who have jobs they like; I've yet to ever find one.

I used to work at the airport in Louisville for TSA. Horrible hours. Only on planes to inspect them.

I'm a software engineer at a printing company. I develop and maintain various applications from scheduling, data collection, reporting, and data entry. I've been with the company for 15 years now but am actively looking for something new. I would love to get into mobile app and web development.

kQ4fIRp.png

Licensed white hat hacker. I work at a cybersecurity firm that gets hired by companies to test their security. Its not all just computers either. Social engineering aka trying to gain access through people that work there.

Once we got hired by a defense contractor and the only way we could gain access and download massive amounts of sensitive data was to put me in a giant, heavy duty weapons crate and deliver me there with some fake truck. It was freaking uncomfortable.

Edited by Wulfherth
  • Like 3

Events Manager and Super Moderator. I love the job, but I haven't seen a paycheck yet. :P

Oh wait, my real job. Eh, I work at an airport, but they won't let me fly. I can go out onto most of the runway though. Overall though, the commute is terrible, the pay is shit, the hours can be draining, and it isn't anything I like to think about when I'm not there. I envy people who have jobs they like; I've yet to ever find one.

Don't lie. I know you're U.S Regional Vice President of Gucci

Graphic Designer here.

• Like 3

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

• Consigliere

I'm a barrister (silly wig- and batman cape-wearing lawyer), but since moving to Australia I've been studying and doing the exams to qualify as a lawyer here. Now that that's done, I'm a house-husband/job seeker, except on Wednesdays (Oz time) when I'm gaming with you beautiful girls and boys!

• Like 1

Licensed white hat hacker. I work at a cybersecurity firm that gets hired by companies to test their security. Its not all just computers either. Social engineering aka trying to gain access through people that work there.

Once we got hired by a defense contractor and the only way we could gain access and download massive amounts of sensitive data was to put me in a giant, heavy duty weapons crate and deliver me there with some fake truck. It was freaking uncomfortable.

What the hell! That's like the coolest thing ever. 

Kicks the crap out of unskilled labor. =(

If you happen to find any intelligence serum recipes while poking around in any research companies, I totally call dibs.

Printer repair technician... I work for HP and manage roughly 2,500 large corporate printers across ameriica that a company called united health group leases from HP.

Job ? Working is for suckers ! :P

Professional procrastinator is my " job ".

I'm actually semi-retired and consult for C.S.**

Edited by FragTrap666
  • Like 1

My ex did that. She wrote the Hacker's Handbook.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

Retired from the City of Providence as Lieutenant of the fire department's special operations company about four years ago.

Now I work for an adventure touring motorcycle outfitting company TwistedThrottle.com creating retail web pages for the company's products.

I am also a freelance graphic designer as well as a fire instructor for a regional company.

• Like 1

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

Same here. At Twisted Throttle with Ernie. :)

Not sure which of you is the saint for putting up with the other...

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

• 7 months later...

So, things have been pretty crappy here lately so it was great to get some good news. Yesterday I accepted a new position within the same company I have been with for almost 6 years. I will be moving from being a Technical Support Representative to an Install Coordinator, implementing new Financial Institutions with our product. It is a lot better hours and a heck of a pay increase. I just wanted to share my good news somewhere :)

Edited by TECHFL227
  • Like 10

Was a social worker. But for health reasons have had to give that up for now. I now book gigs locally and help find acts for some smaller festivals, I loved being a social worker  but the stress was intense, makes this seem like a stroll through park. With the freed up petrol money only on 32 a week less so not at all bad for maybe three full days a week rather than 6 days a week.

Edited by starmonkeykiller
Spelling
  • Like 1