What do you do?

JustHatched

"Take my love, take my land

Take me where I cannot stand

I don't care, I'm still free

You can't take the sky from me."

Firefly fan incoming !

I'm a capacity and planning officer for a healthcare company. Like another crew member, I too suffer from a disability that affects my life.

I'm a mature student too but not clever enough to do medicine!

I've always been good at/enjoyed drawing so i'm currently studying Illustration. Hoping to write children's books one day.

Edited by Rofur13

I've been wondering what it is that you guys do during the day, low and behold, found it. I actually found a few great life stories...much more than just a job title.

I usually refer to myself as a glorified knot de-tangler. I work within a relatively small group that performs power plant testing services. We set out equipment, conduct tests, analyze data and write engineering reports. I've been doing this in northern Texas (U.S.) for 10 years. The job is great but the climate and terrain are the worst.

I'm a Radio Jock/Breakfast Co-Host/Commercial Producer & Voice Over. I get up the crack of dawn  I get up before the crack of dawn to annoy wake up the locals. I was a printer for 11 years straight out of school then dug trenches as a landscapers labourer, drove trucks and sales rep for a dodgy toy importer. I love radio but the pay is crap.

I'm a Radio Jock/Breakfast Co-Host/Commercial Producer & Voice Over. I get up the crack of dawn  I get up before the crack of dawn to annoy wake up the locals. I was a printer for 11 years straight out of school then dug trenches as a landscapers labourer, drove trucks and sales rep for a dodgy toy importer. I love radio but the pay is crap.

Does that mean the crew gets free radio ads?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I used to be an auto parts counterman for 10yrs, specialized in high performance, I liked it but the money wasn't there.  Now I'm a dept. Manager at a Drug Store.  It's boring but dependable.

Yep free! Can't wait to get a capture card & voice over GTA vids, I can't stand the voices on most of the tutorials etc that I've come across on youtube.

I'm searching for a new job now.  I was the owner of a small pub for last 5 years. It was quite a journey, but now I'm trying to "work for the men" again.

I'm a Medicine student. I'm near the end, hopefully will graduate in 15 months which is my lifelong dream. Am 33 years old, so it's not the norm being a student now. Better late than ever. I've worked in a newspaper and in a sugar factory in the past. 

Not old at all. I was actually surprised because I did pre-med about 10 years ago and most of my classmates were older or switching careers. It was actually very interesting.

To be simple, I'm an entreprenuer.

My background is predominately real estate. I owned my own mortgage company that started in 2007 and left the business around 2011 or so. Primarily investing, doing start ups, and getting into booming industries.....or trying! Been self-employed since 2007 and it's been a wild ride.

• Like 2

alchemist3321.jpg

I'm into trading of textile materials.Its my family business and i'm still learning.In the near future i plan to do an international business course in Canada.Matusware and Guy stay strong!

@Foppe87, what unit (welk onderdeel bedoel ik)? i actually left the dutch military 2 years ago.  Now living in Spain and working in the private sector with some other buddy's from the marines.

Been in industrial construction for the past 7 years doing pallet racking systems mezzanines and fencing also have done the overhead doors and docks in warehouses as well, I usually work HIGH in the air on my skyjack but just recently I've been running a crew doing the same things just I'm the boss:)

Future is nothing but a series of probability

I work in a high school. I look after kids from 10 to 15 years old and manage the daily operations. I'm kind of the high school police as well.

I like to piss off some kids it's fun^^

It's a temporary job though but I don't really know what to do with my life after that. I have a background in tourism but I like working with teenagers.

• 1 month later...

I have been a UPS driver for 15 years. And I own my music distribution company. I've been out f work for 6 months due to a shoulder injury so I have also taken my business to retail in the last half year.  

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

• 1 month later...

Up until recently I was head of despatch at a large local industrial suppliers, little old me in charge of 24 blokes! The stress of deadlines, babysitting said 24 blokes, long hours and back pain all built up so eventually I handed my notice in 'cos I couldn't hack it anymore.  

They offered me part time work which I accepted so I'm back doing my old job investigating missing stock and also covering sick/holidays in other departments (I've been there a long time so know lots of shit).  It sounds glamorous investigating missing stock but usually involves crawling round the warehouse counting nuts and bolts etc. amongst the dirt and the spiders and the plebs!!

Only work 8-12 now, 5 days a week so lots of time to play GTA time to do housework!

• Like 3

I'm a corporate insurance broker and risk manager. I've worked for worlds largest brokers for the past 14 years both in Canada and Australian. I'm also a poker player which pays for my love of shoes !! 

• Like 5

Made a switch to health care recently....One of my business mentors owns the nation's largest virtual health clinic. So she has me as Director of Business Development. It's taking up more time than we expected (hence why I'm not on much) because of the projects I've opened up for the company.

Good to see another poker player here. When I had my real estate company during the poker boom I got to a point where I just went in to pay my employees and myself, so I played poker full time....I had an online schedule then if time allowed played live nightlys. When they shit down online here in the states I played live and on the Now scandalous Lock Poker....but since haven't played much the past two years outside of bigger tournaments. Ironically, a lot of friends and my poker coach/mentor moved to Toronto to continue to play online. I miss it dearly.

alchemist3321.jpg