What do you do?

JustHatched

Just wondering what you all do to make money?

My wife owns her own flower shop (florist) and I work at the shop as well. I do not play with the flowers though, I am the IT guy, maintenance, delivery, etc......

I grew up in construction, building houses then went on to being a machinist but I have no desire to do either anymore but being multi skilled comes in handy when things need fixed at home and work.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'm co-founder and co-owner of a digital online record label - It doesn't pay the bills at all but I enjoy it.

Was a pushy salesman, which I will be going back into in a few weeks time, I'm waiting on a start date with the new company formed out of the former liquidated company lol.

I think it's important to enjoy what you do, even if it's not much or the income isn't great, it keep us happy.

• Like 1

Well I'm a qualified graphic designer and also a qualified plumber, used to be self employed but was most recently working in communications for British Telecom. I was a manager and also responsible for the launch of the new channel BT sport across 3 uk site's. Implementing changes, sale's tactics, creating incentives, etc.

I suffer from a rare condition that has since cost me job and am unable to work as there is no cure.

I have recently put in a claim for disability allowance.

• Like 2

Well I'm a qualified graphic designer and also a qualified plumber, used to be self employed but was most recently working in communications for British Telecom. I was a manager and also responsible for the launch of the new channel BT sport across 3 uk site's. Implementing changes, sale's tactics, creating incentives, etc.

I suffer from a rare condition that has since cost me job and am unable to work as there is no cure.

I have recently put in a claim for disability allowance.

Hats off for the BT Sport mate and all the best with your condition, I bet losing such a good, high profile job like that hurt

Cheers dude, we made it a success for sure and there are plenty other thing's in the pipeline.

Champions league next year, massive blow to Sky.

Thanks for the well wishes mate, that's really good of you.

Yeah it did hurt, but needs must. I collapse 3/4 time's a week and I have been in and out of hospital. But now I'm diagnosed I can try and get on with thing's.

I'm just thankful I have a supportive wife and great kid's.

Cheers for the info on the Champions League, about time Sky got a beating.

That's all you need mate, your family.

Yeah it is lol. SKY held the rights since its inception. Bt have a lot more buying power than sky. BT are the first real test Sky have faced.

The execs who arranged the free offer with bt broadband was a stroke of genius.

Most people don't know that you can actually view it on your sky box for free as long as you have bt broadband, people assume it's streaming only or you have to have bt tv. You don't. Bt only need ur sky viewing card number.

I'm a software engineer for a large printing company and have been with the company for 12 years, first job out of college. It is about time to find something new as my skills are getting quickly outdated. Trying to learn web app development in my spare time.

kQ4fIRp.png

Yeah it is lol. SKY held the rights since its inception. Bt have a lot more buying power than sky. BT are the first real test Sky have faced.

The execs who arranged the free offer with bt broadband was a stroke of genius.

Most people don't know that you can actually view it on your sky box for free as long as you have bt broadband, people assume it's streaming only or you have to have bt tv. You don't. Bt only need ur sky viewing card number.

Yeah I pay through Virgin Media for it

Yeah I pay through Virgin Media for it

I was amazed they even penned that deal because as far as I was concerned, it would be more beneficial to have it as a usp to sell their broadband. They should of kept it off for about 2 months after launch so all thr defectors that were gonna move did, but alas they just saw pound sign's and the extra advertising revenue.

Glad you're enjoying it. It feels like it's still my baby lol.

Big respect for your positivity Guy.

Thanks man. Gotta be positive, can't let things get you down because then it's a slippery slope.
  • Like 2

Im a licensed massage practitioner...not gonna be a millionaire anytime soon but it pays the bills and future GTA expenses lol

I was amazed they even penned that deal because as far as I was concerned, it would be more beneficial to have it as a usp to sell their broadband. They should of kept it off for about 2 months after launch so all thr defectors that were gonna move did, but alas they just saw pound sign's and the extra advertising revenue.

Glad you're enjoying it. It feels like it's still my baby lol.

You're right about the pound signs mate, they charge almost as much as Sky Sports package just because they give you a load of crap nobody has ever tuned in to lol

I work for a BMW dealer in Central Illinois, US. I'm a Service Writer. Been doing this now for 11 years. Why is my name dodgeservice you ask? Because I worked for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep for over 8 years before the intercompany move to BMW.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

I work for a TV station in Eastern North Carolina. I run the control room, and dabble in camera and editing work.

I work for one of the biggest european equipment rental company, it's not partically rocket sience but it pays the bills

I drive a 23 ton truck with a rear mounted fork lift delivering glass to most of the UK. I absolutely hate it but it pays for beer on the weekends.

• Like 2

It's a very easy job, or would be if there was no one else on the road getting in the way. Been in the same job for ten years and the novelty has worn off.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i am a driver and i do "aid work" or charity work what ever you wanna call it, my last job i was "senior metal cutter and metal processing worker" on Junkyard, i have done so many jobs (a side with my gaming carreer) and i have all sorts of titles on my belt that i cant

honestly even remember them all,

but lets have a little bit of history lesson, i have a bad case of Hybermobility Syndrom i have very abnormal spine shape (cant see it outside so im not an humpback of notre dame) i also have few other "unique" things that this sydrome causes but lets keep this simple, in my early ages doctors cave me a choice that they can repair my spine but price to pay will be 90% chance of an wheelchair OR lifetime of painkillers in somepoint of an "phase" (and im here now), wheelchair would mean to me that ill lose my drivers licence and ill rather *die* than lose my licence to drive, so time passed by and i started to have pains constantly but as stubborn as i am xD

i just went on working and refusing to stop doing things then in one faitfull day in work i was carrying 30kg hydraulic Unit and i had a heat stroke and thanks to that i fell where i was walking and landed on my back still holding that extra 30kg of dead weight, result, permant damage on lower back (spine damage) and a hip and a knee that i allready have broken xD broke again and this time it was permant damage, chance to recovery?, 0%

i lost everything and i doctors puted me on workers pension and told me to have nice rest of my life,

soooo after that little event i became a driver and charity worker and ofc on that point when i noticed my huge amount of free time i started playing even more

but no matter what and no matter how much i have pain..

i will always be a driver :D

"Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
."

Edited by Matusware
  • Like 4

I'm a Medicine student. I'm near the end, hopefully will graduate in 15 months which is my lifelong dream. Am 33 years old, so it's not the norm being a student now. Better late than ever. I've worked in a newspaper and in a sugar factory in the past. 

• Like 1

"Take my love, take my land

Take me where I cannot stand

I don't care, I'm still free

You can't take the sky from me."

So very true sir!