No Man's Sky

LN-MLB

@Con the tutorial questline should have given you both the terrain manipulator and the recipies for anti-matter, containment, and the warp cell itself.

If you skipped ahead you need to get back to that questline. If I had a criticism about this game, it would be that it doesn't stress to a new player how important the first few questlines are. I missed how to build a base properly simply by running off to explore!

EDIT

Just read your above post Con, and the Atlas passes are part of The Space Anomaly questline, which require you to play the game and check in with a couple of friendlies every so often.

Edited by The_Lady_A

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Con

• LimeGreenLegend

• Squirrel

• Fido_le_muet

Just now, The_Lady_A said:

@Con the tutorial questline should have given you both the terrain manipulator and the recipies for anti-matter, containment, and the warp cell itself.

If you skipped ahead you need to get back to that questline. If I had a criticism about this game, it would be that it doesn't stress to a new player how important the first few questlines are. I missed how to build a base properly simply by running off to explore!

Questlines as in missions? Yeah I have not done any of the questlines because I didn't feel ready for outer space or other worlds as I'm very poor and hate being teased with cool stuff I can't buy. Right now the only pending questlines are head to a distress beacon and I believe a space station, gonna have to fly to them eventually. Wish me luck!! 

10 minutes ago, Con said:

Questlines as in missions? Yeah I have not done any of the questlines because I didn't feel ready for outer space or other worlds as I'm very poor and hate being teased with cool stuff I can't buy. Right now the only pending questlines are head to a distress beacon and I believe a space station, gonna have to fly to them eventually. Wish me luck!! 

That's the tutorial you're holding out on ?

Seriously, take the leap and unlock all of the basics. You're hamstrung in terms of making money, gaining reputation and upgrading your stuff until you do.

• Thanks 1

Hey are there still crashed starships to be found on planets ? Haven't seen one since I started playing. 

Do you have to use the portable signal booster to find one ? I haven't seen those transmission towers as well since the update.

8 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Hey are there still crashed starships to be found on planets ? Haven't seen one since I started playing. 

Do you have to use the portable signal booster to find one ? I haven't seen those transmission towers as well since the update.

Sorry can't answer that. I Haven't left the home planet yet. 

I thought I would be helpful and post 

The Ultimate Guide To Trading Like A Financial Tyranosaurus

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.xainesworld.com/nmsguides/trading%3fformat=amp

It is pretty much the best guide to trading, as it starts off with the absolute basics and then pushes it into game-breaking efficiency if you really wanted to go that far. Not that you need to go to that length with it, just the first half of the guide was enough to boost me into sight of ¥100mil. 

@Fido_le_muet yes you need to insert navigation data into a signal booster and look for distress signals. Space stations have nav data lying around in little coloured cubes all over the place and it's a common find in boxes strewn about the place.

It's such a useful piece of kit I always lug one around with me, along with a portable save point. A portable refiner was another useful tool in the early game. When suit upgrades in space stations get too pricy you can also buy drop pod data from trade posts on planets to feed into the signal booster and locate them for (relatively) cheap upgrades using resources to fix them.

Edited by The_Lady_A
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@The_Lady_A

I found a couple crashed ships after interacting with a transmission tower and the signal booster. I "bought" the two ships, they need a lot of repairs. I don't know if that sent them to my freighter or if I have to find them again on the planets. It didn't save the location so if they're not on the freighter they're lost :lol:

That article looks very promising. I read quickly the titles of the different parts and I saw some incredible numbers. 150+ millions in half an hour. Now that's interesting ! 

From what I understand, you need to make a chain of things to buy and sell in different systems based on that system's economy. 

Seems like it can take a lot of time to set up but is very rewarding at the end. 

Will have a closer look tomorrow. 

@Fido_le_muet that's the level you can go to with it, definitely. I've just traded as I've gone, simply knowing what all the economy types are and what buy/sell percentages to aim for did wonders. 

Also it's possible to build a trade terminal that has the good prices and full stock for that system on your freighter, so you don't even need to find trade posts, just summon your freighter instead!

• Like 1

It depends a little on your luck. To be safe you always need to send one star more worth of fleet than the expedition mission difficulty. Ally has the worst frigate captain in the galaxy and has never made a profit with his starting frigate. I had more luck so built my fleet up to 18 of the things and have made millions. They do bring back some interesting things. You just need to have space in your freighter on their return, as they can't just hand the stuff to you directly. I've definitely grumbled about that one, but "oh no my successful expedition brought back so much stuff" doesn't tend to invite sympathy...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Con said:

He may never give you the console back once he gets the hang of it. 

Good thing I bought me a new pro for RDR2 then :) he can keep the old one.

• Like 1

I'm just getting back into this game. It's so much better now. I restarted from scratch, so I'm still in the early stages. Seems to be a lot more going on now than there was at launch. I played for several hours yesterday cause I just couldn't make myself turn it off. 

• Like 1

So I tried saving some of my screenshots for that thread on a USB but some reason the files all were corrupt. Will look for a different USB stick to use. But my question is, how are you guys putting up your screen shots? What is the best way to do it? 

Anyhow here is a vid of me encountering some Earth Killer Asteroids and wanted to get a nice shot when suddenly i was crashing into it (not sure if you can destroy your ship) so I panicked and began button smashing and this happened. :D.......I meant to do that. First of all I didn't even know I could do that, so i found it a very cool moment. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

@Con So you finally left your planet ? :D 

Lmao. Baby steps bruh.

Lady A was like, boy you betta go get your terrain manipulator! 

Funny thing is, I tried all weekend to get back to my starting planet as I’ve only been to two others but I don’t know how to work the Galaxy map to get back. 

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Con said:

Lmao. Baby steps bruh.

Lady A was like, boy you betta go get your terrain manipulator! 

Funny thing is, I tried all weekend to get back to my starting planet as I’ve only been to two others but I don’t know how to work the Galaxy map to get back. 

Yeah took me a while to figure out how the galaxy map works but you'll get the hand of it. Once you do, it's amazing to see the immensity of the universe and it's crazy to think that you can go wherever you want. It's hard to grasp. 

Lady A is right. You need that terrain manipulator ! With it you'll be able to mine copper and other stuff that you definitely need. 

I'm now trying to reach my 4 Atlas station but it is very far ! A fully charged hyperdrive can't get me there ! So I'm star hopping randomly in that direction, trying to target favorable systems for trading. 

I managed to make some profit by selling the right stuff in the right system. Made a few hundred thousands but I guess for it to be very profitable, you need to sell a ton of products right @The_Lady_A @LimeGreenLegend ?

Saw some nice starships with 38+ slots but they were 96 millions :lol: Only have 5 so far... 

And my exosuit is starting to be a little small as well. Installed a lot of upgrades (life support/toxin/radiation...) and I don't have much space left now. 

Also something infuriating happened to me (probably my fault though). I was at a drop pod and I started to repair the stuff to upgrade my suit. But I was missing some Cobalt and no cave was nearby. So I got in the ship and started looking a bit further away but once I got the stuff, I couldn't get back to the drop pod. No way to find it again and no indicator on the compass ! That pissed me off ! Lost some good ressources :( So my advice to you all, don't wander too far from the drop pod. Unless there is a way to find it again ? I did save and chart the location with the beacon nearby but no way to go back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Yeah took me a while to figure out how the galaxy map works but you'll get the hand of it. Once you do, it's amazing to see the immensity of the universe and it's crazy to think that you can go wherever you want. It's hard to grasp. (Tell me about it, it's sick how far and deep you can go. Even if its algorithms and stuff, still have to be impressed. Almost an interplanetary GTA!)

Lady A is right. You need that terrain manipulator ! With it you'll be able to mine copper and other stuff that you definitely need. (Yep, got it over the weekend and I have never been so happy to make Chromatic Metal. lol)

I'm now trying to reach my 4 Atlas station but it is very far ! A fully charged hyperdrive can't get me there ! So I'm star hopping randomly in that direction, trying to target favorable systems for trading. (That is incredible. To be in a game where you dont have enough fuel to get somewhere. Wow.)

I managed to make some profit by selling the right stuff in the right system. Made a few hundred thousands but I guess for it to be very profitable, you need to sell a ton of products right @The_Lady_A @LimeGreenLegend ? (From what I have seen, you can really make mega-bucks if you already have mega-bucks. Where the shark cards for this?)

Saw some nice starships with 38+ slots but they were 96 millions :lol: Only have 5 so far...(This is why some people leave the game. I mean, without legit shortcuts for us with limited gaming times, how dafuq am i supposed to amass 96Million?????it is kind of discouraging for players like me that just want to take pictures of the fauna all over the galaxy.) 

And my exosuit is starting to be a little small as well. Installed a lot of upgrades (life support/toxin/radiation...) and I don't have much space left now. (96Million for a new ship, I don't even have enough to buy a new Exosuit. I'm still wearing the Walmart one I woke up with.)

Also something infuriating happened to me (probably my fault though). I was at a drop pod and I started to repair the stuff to upgrade my suit. But I was missing some Cobalt and no cave was nearby. So I got in the ship and started looking a bit further away but once I got the stuff, I couldn't get back to the drop pod. No way to find it again and no indicator on the compass ! That pissed me off ! Lost some good ressources :( So my advice to you all, don't wander too far from the drop pod. Unless there is a way to find it again ? I did save and chart the location with the beacon nearby but no way to go back. (Yeah, I always save before entering the bases or entering the drop pods. But yeah, I hate how I feel tagging stuff really doesn't work as well as it should. Take all the bases I saved at on my starting planet. I wish I could open a menu and see a list and be able to get a CLEAR waypoint to that location once im on the planet.)

:D  Can't wait to do this: giphy.gif

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all i first play no man's sky in late 2016.

I never got far but I knew next update for quite a lot interest for me in it.

I want to go and visit the galactic hub  how's everyone else going on your quest and what is your goal

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Road2fury1583070461 said:

Hello all i first play no man's sky in late 2016.

I never got far but I knew next update for quite a lot interest for me in it.

I want to go and visit the galactic hub  how's everyone else going on your quest and what is your goal

I want to finish the Atlas quest and then I'll probably stop playing. 

Wanted to reach the galactic core at first but it's so far away :( 

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I want to finish the Atlas quest and then I'll probably stop playing. 

Wanted to reach the galactic core at first but it's so far away :( 

Keep going with it Fido! I believe that the black holes that show up on the galaxy map after so much of that storyline help you towards the galactic core far quicker than otherwise possible

32 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

Keep going with it Fido! I believe that the black holes that show up on the galaxy map after so much of that storyline help you towards the galactic core far quicker than otherwise possible

Really ? I thought the black holes were sending you into a new galaxy ? 

Anyway, won't have much time to explore space now, as I'll be replaying RDR1 before RDR2 is out :D 

I want to get to Galactic hub bad news is it's pass the core of the Galaxy(I starter on right side)  are trying to black holes