No Man's Sky

LN-MLB

I read a bit about this upcoming title a couple of days ago, and it will definitely be a game that I pickup when it's released.

Essentially, it is a Sci-Fi discovery game set in an open universe where planets and worlds generate right at that moment, and it's sort of up to you as to how you prepare for the journey and what roads and measures you decide to take.

The game looks absolutely stunning, and I prefer non-linear sandbox style games, so this one is going to get a lot of attention from me.  I don't normally like a lot of fantasy, but this sounds like something I could easily sink hours and hours into playing.

Have a look at the links below if you aren't familiar.  There is no definitive release date yet, but rumors are saying by about summer of the upcoming year.  From what I understand, it is multiplayer, but the chances of running into others in an infinite universe can be scarce.  Still, there will be an online atlas available to chart your discoveries and share with others.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/no-mans-sky-ps4/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Man%27s_Sky

I hope some of us will pick this up when it's released and share our experiences. :)

• Like 3

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Con

• LimeGreenLegend

• Squirrel

• Fido_le_muet

I hereby claim this land is my land, G Spot's land.

NewEridu.jpg

I personally don't expect to see this game hit the market until Q4 2016 with news of it at E3 next year.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I saw one of the videos about it earlier. It looks interesting but hasn't pulled me in completely yet. I'll be watching for more about it as it comes out. The look of the graphics felt a little odd to me, something felt off about it, but that could just be early production and my phone screen quality. The concept itself is awesome.

• 2 months later...

Anyone excited for this game? 

you basically have millions of planets, and solar systems to explore and they're all generated by an algorithm that for the most part makes each system unique

• 2 weeks later...

@G37 and @LN-MLB, I Thought you guys weren't into Sci Fi games? More so LN though? I haven't heard anything of the game really but so far it doesn't seem overly interesting :P maybe I should look into it more.

scottyb1988.jpg

18 minutes ago, ScottyB said:

@G37 and @LN-MLB, I Thought you guys weren't into Sci Fi games? More so LN though? I haven't heard anything of the game really but so far it doesn't seem overly interesting :P maybe I should look into it more.

I'm really not but this seems more like a giant exploration expedition that's more about taking in sights and sounds than anything else.

Big issue I see is the multiplayer aspect. Seems like there's so much back and forth going on with articles on if it will even exist and to what extent if it does. All I know is that it shouldn't be your typical MMO experience.

• Like 1

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

1 hour ago, ScottyB said:

Topics merged.

As for Sci-Fi games, I'm not into the ones that cross into extreme levels of fantasy (e.g. Destiny), but this one catches my interest because it is more about space exploration, which I find fascinating and far more realistic.  I'm quite excited about this game though--it looks like something that has never been made before, so I'm curious to see what they do with it and how it works.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I heard about this a couple of months ago and thought I need to get this, now that I saw the actual gameplay videos I can say that I will get it and LOVE it. I enjoy sci-fi a lot and this one grabbed my attention... Can't wait to get it :D

I'd say that there are some planets/systems preset with a specific kind of enemies/allies and I hope the exploring doesn't get boring, some of the games that have randomly generated levels get repetitive after a bit, I hope this isn't the case and I have high expectations for this :)

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

• 1 month later...

This has once again been delayed. Comes out Aug 9th.

Also read that easily angered a holes are making death threats towards the creator. If your life is that bad, just go away. 

I read his announcement in another article on here, he sounds quite sincere and very honest (which is rare for a game developer).

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

This has once again been delayed. Comes out Aug 9th.

Also read that easily angered a holes are making death threats towards the creator. If your life is that bad, just go away. 

I called it. It's such a massive undertaking of a project that I'm not at all surprised.

I hate Taylor Swift but that chick is right, haters gonna hate hate hate. Oh no, I just .. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've pre ordered it and it should be delivered in the next day or so, should be very interesting!!

Can't help but feel this is a little FireFly like, how exciting haha.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I've played for about 8 hours now and somehow I'm loving it, but also hating it at the same time.  

There seems to be many things that are poorly done; Next to no tutorial on what to do and how to do things etc, which kind of works towards their whole "discovery" element of the game but it was more frustrating than enjoyable. 

Every time you discover something, a blinding flash of white screen pops up.

The variety of landscapes and scenery could be better done, instead you're left searching the same landscape for hours until you decide you want to go to another  system. 

There are only a few types of "buildings" with the exact same layouts which becomes very repetitive.

There's no map, or way to mark things (not even a north pointer) so you have no idea where you're going or where you've been.

Comparing weapon and ship stats are awful, let alone trying to figure out what each bar represents.

The graphics are last gen and the rendering is terrible. Things look like something you want to visit and then you go closer and they turn into a rock or something else useless.

You need to constantly go into your menus to move loot from your Exo suit to your ship that you don't need to be near to do or fuel.

The button to run is r3, not L3. It works but fees very foreign and I don't know why they wouldn't swap the buttons around to make ou feel comfortable playing the game since all other games use L3.

I thought there was no way to easily access formulas to craft stuff, but I did notice a pin button, but it doesn't seem to work so you need to remember things you need ( a lot of stuff) or constantly go back and forth.

The icons on the screen showing you general direction don't seem to be working and often lead me to nothing, unless they're on the other side of the planet. I'm also constantly mixing up these icons for the gun textile which is always there and a little annoying.

For some reason, we're all heading towards the center of the galaxy and to get there, it ends up being very repetitive. 

The core feature of this game truly is about exploration, and I can appreciate that a lot of decisions on certain things were to play on that but I think there are a lot of small things that would have made this game a lot better. 

Maybe later on in the game, the decision to do these things will become clearer and make sense, but for now they're just annoying. 

Even with all all that said, I'm still enjoying the game for what it is, but so far, I can only recommend the game if you enjoy exploring things solo for the sake of it because it is lacking any real story. 

Imagine playing gta to just explore los santos with a few side missions along the way. While lots santos is beautiful to walk through and explore, I wouldn't buy the game just to do that. 

Hopefuly with a bit more game time, the game will have a bit more depth to it but if it hasn't shown much after 8 hrs, I won't hold my breath. 

• Like 4

scottyb1988.jpg

1 hour ago, ScottyB said:

I've played for about 8 hours now and somehow I'm loving it, but also hating it at the same time. 

That's what I'm worried about.

The game looks really cool, I love exploring stuff but I'm worried it will get repetitive very fast and apparently that's the case.

I want to play it, seems interesting but at the same time, I don't want it to collect dust in 2 or 3 weeks...

• Like 1