• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Con

• LimeGreenLegend

• Squirrel

• Fido_le_muet

Been playing this quite a bit since the update.  I love the new ringed planets as will be obvious from the following screenshots.

https://imgur.com/mb2Mk4E

https://imgur.com/q18sDV1

https://imgur.com/4aNLutS

https://imgur.com/VfPzrUg

https://imgur.com/MpFW2uO

https://imgur.com/ZpIdLS6

Shit, how do you actually make the pictures show up?

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Shit, how do you actually make the pictures show up?

I usually copy the “IMG”  link version, paste it and delete the bracket “IMG’s” before submitting the post. And thanks for reminding me to download it. I bought it a few days ago. 

Edited by Con

4 minutes ago, Con said:

I usually copy the “IMG”  link version, paste it and delete the bracket “IMG’s” before submitting the post. And thanks for reminding me to download it. I bought it a few days ago. 

I understood none of that :D apart from the stuff about downloading the game.  When are you free to play?

5 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I understood none of that :D apart from the stuff about downloading the game.  When are you free to play?

When I upload on Imgur, I copy the link with the “img” brackets at the front and back of the link, then I paste it to the post but delete the “img” brackets and the image should pop right up. Don’t know if I’m free tonight to play but I’m downloading it so it can be ready. Ill explore much later tonight, unfortunately. Cool pics! I’m an astronomy geek, so these images are awesome and cannot wait to arrive at my first planet.

Edited by Con

That last one is insane.

i played a few hours on saturday morning and have a better idea of what I’m doing now. I really just want to get rich quick so I can explore, as I think discovering species and documenting them for other aliens is going to be my main objective in this game.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

@LimeGreenLegend or anyone else that plays this game......

Okay i'm really getting into this game. All weekend I watched video after video trying to find what I want to do in the game and realized you might be able to help me out more with some questions.... so whenever you have the time...

1. How rich are you and how did you get rich? Alien eggs or some other way? 

2. Have you discovered your own planet, why did you choose it, what's it's name and how do I travel there?

3. Have you built a base and can I see a pic?

4. What type of role playing have you adopted?

5. What has been your biggest mistake or waste of money? 

Edited by Con

1. Not very.

2. I’ve discovered hundreds, don’t worry about there not being enough planets for everyone :D 

3. No, I prefer to keep moving so doubt I’ll ever build a proper base, so no, you can’t see a pic :P

4. Sexy space explorer.

5. Don’t think you can make any huge mistakes, especially early on.  Unless you’re playing hardcore permadeath mode, which I haven’t touched yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

I should probably just start a separate thread for screenshots...

Do it. It will encourage me to take pics and also a place to post them. Although I havent gotten off the original planet since i'm trying to find my starting crash site as I think I left something there. But eventually I will leave the planet to find one to build my first base at.

Yeah keep the pics coming ! Will try to make some myself.

I started playing again this afternoon and have a few questions/remarks. Hope @LimeGreenLegend, @Con, @Squirrel and others can help ! 

1. The game looks amazing but it already looked amazing before the NEXT update. The graphics improvement isn't striking to me. 
  2. I still suck at this game like before. Been playing since day one but only have visited about 5-6 systems in about 13 hours of game time. That's not a lot... I love exploring and discovering worlds. My favorite part of the game by far. But I find my exploration very frustrating because I'm always low on supplies despite having a full inventory all the time... 
  3. So the next question is : how do you guys manage your stuff ? My starship has 18 slots and my exosuit has about 20. It's full of various objects that I don't know what to do with and a few common ressources like Carbon. 
  4. I find it very boring to have to craft antimatter/warp cells/this/that... all the time to travel to planets or do hyperdrive jumps. I lose so much time trying to find the right ingredients and most of the time I don't know where to look and end up buying what I can find in the space station. 
  5. Where can I find new ships (for free ?) and how can I upgrade my suit/multitool ? Sometimes I find a place that lets me upgrade something but always at a price. 
  6. I'm poor ! Only have 700.000 units :( 
  7. Where are the damn Atlas Pass V1, V2 and V3 ? So many locked doors !!! 
  8. Still haven't found a beautiful Earth-like planet. Most of them are radioactive wastelands or subject to toxic rains... 
  9. Also since the update, all my previous discoveries and systems I have visited have been modified. All the cool names I had made up are gone ! That's very frustrating :( 

Basically, I need some tips and help to improve my experience cause I really like this game but I clearly don't know what I'm doing. 

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

I would sell everything that isn’t carbon, oxygen, sodium, ferrite dust and copper, that’s all you need for everything basic, suit, tool, ship.  

As for a new ship, you can sometimes find crashed ships on planets which you can have for free but will have to repair them first.

@Fido_le_muet I’m off work for two weeks now so anytime you wanna play let me know :) 

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

@Fido_le_muet I’m off work for two weeks now so anytime you wanna play let me know :) 

I'm on vacation myself so it can be done :)

I'll try to find some new ships. I think I need to find them by activating a beacon. 

Did your planets pre-NEXT got renamed as well ? 

What about the objects on a green background ? Those are only there to be sold right ? 

9 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I'm on vacation myself so it can be done :)

I'll try to find some new ships. I think I need to find them by activating a beacon. 

Did your planets pre-NEXT got renamed as well ? 

What about the objects on a green background ? Those are only there to be sold right ? 

I've not checked my pre-NEXT stuff, but probably.

And to find a ship you need to input coordinates in a signal booster and search for distress signals, and yeah, the green stuff is just for trading.  If it's stuff like a Korvax Shell Casing you can give it to a member of that race to receive a gift.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I started playing again this afternoon and have a few questions/remarks. Hope @LimeGreenLegend, @Con, @Squirrel and others can help ! 

1. The game looks amazing but it already looked amazing before the NEXT update. The graphics improvement isn't striking to me. (I only saw gameplay video before the update but I did notice how much crisper the game looks after NEXT)
  2. I still suck at this game like before. Been playing since day one but only have visited about 5-6 systems in about 13 hours of game time. That's not a lot... I love exploring and discovering worlds. My favorite part of the game by far. But I find my exploration very frustrating because I'm always low on supplies despite having a full inventory all the time...(I have yet to leave my first planet, my ship is repaired but I feel like I need to explore those bases littered around the planet first and then head off to the distress signal waiting for me. But i am finding that im running out of space to keep shit (haven't updated exosuit or tools yet), I have managed to get (3) alien eggs and a few of the "pearls", hopefully I will be able to sell them at the space station as the mini-stations on the starting planet will not allow me to sell those items to other aliens.
  3. So the next question is : how do you guys manage your stuff ? My starship has 18 slots and my exosuit has about 20. It's full of various objects that I don't know what to do with and a few common ressources like Carbon.  (I have yet to upgrade anything so I have less slots and will learn what to really keep in the inventory until I can upgrade, but I think that the converter thingy can help condense some of those materials.)
  4. I find it very boring to have to craft antimatter/warp cells/this/that... all the time to travel to planets or do hyperdrive jumps. I lose so much time trying to find the right ingredients and most of the time I don't know where to look and end up buying what I can find in the space station. (I have yet to venture out into space, but will very soon and am learning the best ways to have that fuel.)
  5. Where can I find new ships (for free ?) and how can I upgrade my suit/multitool ? Sometimes I find a place that lets me upgrade something but always at a price. (I see how expensive these ships are and is why i am looking for ways to make money fast!! so I can have the millions needed to buy the better ships and tools. You can upgrade your exosuits at the space stations. I have found those open pod thingys on my planet and they offer Exosuit upgades but its advanced tech and I can't afford or have antimatter for it.)
  6. I'm poor ! Only have 700.000 units  (I have even less! and is why im looking for exploits to make more money so I can really start "playing".)
  7. Where are the damn Atlas Pass V1, V2 and V3 ? So many locked doors !!! (At some point I will do research regarding this, as of right now, I can't help you with any advise.)
  8. Still haven't found a beautiful Earth-like planet. Most of them are radioactive wastelands or subject to toxic rains...(I can't wait to explore the harsher planets as I hear the rare and good stuff can be found on them.But will surely put a base on an Earth-like planet when I find one. 
  9. Also since the update, all my previous discoveries and systems I have visited have been modified. All the cool names I had made up are gone ! That's very frustrating  (Look into this since there may be something you need to do to retrieve your old data. I also will be giving the cooler looking plants and animals their own names....right now I have Gek Doberman's and Stinky-Stunks. :D)
Edited by Con
  • Like 1

@Fido_le_muet it's all about unlocking exosuit slots. Every new space station has a trader who can sell a single suit upgrade, go for cargo slots first until they get unaffordable. Then switch to general. 

Drop pods contain busted suit upgrade stations. They can be found by asking locals to point out areas of interest. Some trade posts and minor settlements also sell drop pod data that will flag one up for you, although these can be expensive.

To repair a busted drop pod you need chromatic metal, sodium nitrate, ionised cobalt, and antimatter. That's quite a big ask in the early game, but as you unlock more inventory you can carry it around with you. It also makes refuelling the hyperdrive less annoying as you already have all you need.

As for money... subterranean relics are an excellent way of getting money early game as they come with a tetracobalt crystal too. So five of those is 5 pretty valuable trade items, and 750 ionised cobalt which sells very nicely. And because they're found in caves you'll be safe from the superheated radioactive blizzards of acid.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Lady_A said:

Every new space station has a trader who can sell a single suit upgrade, go for cargo slots first until they get unaffordable. Then switch to general. 

Drop pods contain busted suit upgrade stations. They can be found by asking locals to point out areas of interest. Some trade posts and minor settlements also sell drop pod data that will flag one up for you, although these can be expensive.To repair a busted drop pod you need chromatic metal, sodium nitrate, ionised cobalt, and antimatter. That's quite a big ask in the early game, but as you unlock more inventory you can carry it around with you. It also makes refuelling the hyperdrive less annoying as you already have all you need. (Drop Pods!! That's what they are called, I called them Open Pod Thingys above, lol, the Exosuit uprgade in those pods Ive come across need that antimatter (I have the nanotubes) and pretty sure I can't make anti-matter yet. The one thing I REALLY need to get is that Terrain Manipulator so I can turn that copper into valuable stuff.

As for money... subterranean relics are an excellent way of getting money early game as they come with a tetracobalt crystal too. So five of those is 5 pretty valuable trade items, and 750 ionised cobalt which sells very nicely. And because they're found in caves you'll be safe from the superheated radioactive blizzards of acid. (Thanks!!! Thats why I need that damn terrrain manipulator!!!)

Edited by Con