Number of Teams: 2
Default Time: 10m:00s
Time of Day: Night
Weather: Clear
Weapons: Forced & Pick-Up
Published: 01 November 2015
Last Update: 09 November 2015

DESCRIPTION
Being trapped at sea on a floating structure with up to 15 psychopaths can only lead to one thing...
2_0.jpg

OVERVIEW
A TDM on a structure at sea, with lots of cover and alternate paths to all areas. The mini-map will almost always have enemies visible, but with nothing but a blue background there's no way to know exactly where they are.

If somebody falls in the water, there are exits located on the outer edges of the structure. Swim under water and look for the lights to locate them. These can also be used strategically.

Bookmark Job - Semi-Auto (Pistols & Pump Shotguns)
Bookmark Job - Full-Auto (SMGs & Assault Rifles)

_

See more of my creations

_

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 1

Just played it. Wow. This must have taken a lot of work to complete and it is very well made! Awesome work! This is one of the best most unique deathmatches I have played. Good weapon choice as well. I wouldn't mind seeing a pump action shotgun instead of the sawn off but It would need to be tested again to see how it plays out with it.

I would also really like to see an auto version of it with SMGs as a starting weapon with some assault rifle pick ups.

Really awesome work on this one :)

Edited by ScottyB
  • Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

Awesome job, Skorpion.  :)

It's something that is totally different to what we're used to, but it's not gimmicky or complicated in any way.  Very unique and well made.

The weapons seemed to work well too.  Like Scotty said, you could possibly bump them up a notch without ruining how the match plays out, but I wouldn't put anything that is too OP.

I really love how the opponent's red dots appear on the mini-map, but there are no landmarks, streets or buildings for reference.  It forces you to use your sense of direction and hunt (or hide from) the enemy, which adds a heightened sense of tension to the match.

I haven't fallen in the water yet, but will try that next time I play it.  It'll be interesting to see how the underwater lights work, and how hard or easy it is to get back on the structure.

Can't wait to try it out with a larger lobby of 12 to 16 players.  Things may get a little hectic, but it should still play out well.  

The view from the openings is spectacular too.  Had to force myself to keep moving, even though I wanted to stand there and take it all in.   Great job.  :)

• Like 3

Thanks Snacks :)

I went and changed all the sawn off shotguns to pump shotguns, and Ive added the knive back into it in case people end up in the water together.

Ive also made a second version of this with Micro SMGs and Assault Rifles. Ill run a test of it at some point and decide from there which to keep. I may even keep both so people have the option of Semi-Auto or Full-Auto.

Thanks for the feedback guys, and Im glad you like it :)

• Like 1

Thanks Snacks :)

I went and changed all the sawn off shotguns to pump shotguns, and Ive added the knive back into it in case people end up in the water together.

Ive also made a second version of this with Micro SMGs and Assault Rifles. Ill run a test of it at some point and decide from there which to keep. I may even keep both so people have the option of Semi-Auto or Full-Auto.

Thanks for the feedback guys, and Im glad you like it :)

I'd personally like to see the smg instead like of micro smg. This is just a personal preference but the micro smg runs out of ammo really quickly and the clip is small so it feels a lot better with the smg. The assault rifle is only a little bit better than the smg so it's not a huge advantage, but it would be a fairly big advantage over the micro smg.

I would keep both versions as well since they both will play out very differently.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Brilliant map, well designed, and you have obviously put a lot of work and time into making this.  I've always been a bit skeptical of TDMs that take place on artificially constructed platforms, but this one is much different and could instantly be a new favorite.  I also agree that you should keep both versions--I've only played the one with the micro SMGs, but I'm curious about the other as well.

I can't think of anything that needs to be changed--I didn't fall into the water whilst playing, so I have yet to experience that, but I think the micro SMG works well here, but like Scotty, I wouldn't be opposed to changing it to the standard version if you're content with those settings.  This is one of those maps where you have to be extra careful when throwing a grenade, but I actually enjoyed that element of the challenge.

Great work, Skorpion.  You should write a tutorial on how to make these. :)

• Like 1

Thanks LN :)

I will be changing the Micro SMGs to standard SMGs when I get a chance (hopefully tomorrow). I think the Micro SMG works well, but I think the standard might be better. Ill also be swapping the remaining Pump Shotguns in the Full-Auto version to Assault Rifles as well.

Im really happy that people enjoy this job, as it's my first TDM and I wasnt sure what people would think. Im not sure I could write a tutorial though, nor do I think Im familiar enough with making DMs. Ill see what I can put together over the next few weeks though.

Thanks again for all the positive feedback everyone. I really appreciate it :)

• Like 1

Ive updated both versions of this.

Semi-Auto

-Changed title to "Death At Sea (Semi-Auto)".

-Changed description to include the available weapons.

Full-Auto

-Changed title to "Death At Sea (Full-Auto)".

-Changed description to include the available weapons.

-Changed Micro SMG to SMG.

-Changed remaining Pump Shotgun pick-ups to Assault Rifles.

I've played it 2-3 times (semi-auto) now and it's a really good DM. Lots of positive comments while playing it too.

Really helps to work as a team so you can flank the enemy around a container.

• Like 1