Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Squirrel

• PapOiteE

• Fido_le_muet

2 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

@Squirrel

I know that but still.

I guess I'm not that into racing games anymore. Much more attracted to stories and adventure I guess. 

Same. I tried with both this and pcars2. Turned each off after 10 minutes and uninstalled them.

• 2 months later...

Just a quick events update on GT Sport. I know most of you guys play GTA on Mondays though.

The second season of the Porsche Supercup was won by Double G. That event will return in May next year. The winning team was Xero Gas. Congrats to Chubb, AJ & Joper.

We’re about to start our next championship on GT Sport in two weeks. It’s a multi-class series in group 3&4 cars loosely based on the real life GT Open Championship.

We have 5 pairs of drivers making up manufacturers spots racing in BMW, Mercedes, Ford, Jaguar & Aston Martin.

We also have a number of privateer racers who are just joining the series on a casual basis dependant on their availability. 

The series has drivers in both Pro & Am classes. It’s a two race per meeting event. In race 1, the Pro drivers take their Group 3 car and Am drivers take the Group 4 car. 

In race two everyone swaps cars so Pro take Group 4 and Am are in Group 3.

Performance ballast will be applied to the field after each event to help balance the field. 

We still have 3 spots open for casual racers to join so if you’re interested let me know and I’ll add you to the group chat for the event.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

I'm interested if there's still a space.

If so, give me the full info and format.

Cheers.

As soon as I’m home from work I’ll post the full details in here. 

• Like 1

@DavidCore89 plus anyone else interested...

There's a fair bit of reading in the regs, mostly to do with how we are managing the performance ballast between races. I'll type up a quick summary of what going on and post the full regs in spoiler tags below. 

Two classes of cars in each race. A split of skill levels so the more experienced, faster drivers are in the Pro class. The more casual style of racer will be in the Am class. The more serious drivers tend to be quicker so they will be all racing together. You'll need a Group 3 and a Group 4 car. You'll be racing both over the course of one evening.

Before the series you'll have to decide which manufacturer you'd like to use. The car selection has been limited to cars of roughly equal pace. Both of your cars need to be the same marque and using the adjusted power and weight for the car. 

The cars horsepower will stay the same throughout the championship but the weight will vary dependant on your last finishing position in that class. Top 3 will add, 9,6 & 3% to their starting car weight, bottom 3 in a race remove 9,6, & 3% from their weight. This is to make sure the faster drivers are on a more equal footing to the slower drivers.

Races are 10 minutes of qualifying followed by a 20 minute race. Tyre and fuel wear will both be on but only set to x1. Only racing soft tyres are being used for this championship. There is no requirement to pit. After race 1 you switch to your other car. 

The first race will be Circuit de Sainte-Croix B Reverse Monday 12th November. Race lobby should be open at 7:30 uk time with qualifying starting at 8pm

Based on your experience in sim racing and being a wheel user you'll be going into the Pro class.

The two people you'll need to add to PSN are ajh_1990 he will be running the race lobby and controlling the settings & Mythaga who will be looking after the Pro drivers, making sure everyone is on the correct weight and power settings as well as hosting the party chat for that group of drivers. I'll be looking after the Am class of drivers.

Available cars, 

yvyIq7r.jpg

Full regs are here:

V0DpFmP.jpg

tH4cLok.jpg

J5n4ghT.jpg

qS7kiSf.jpg

PKb09Jw.jpg

H5Fp5Bt.jpg

Edited by Squirrel

Format sounds really good to me, only ever played the beta so I will have some learning to do in all aspects. While I do have all the gear, I also have no idea in GT Sport, but I'll be happy with whatever class I'm given.

A few questions.

Will there be ghosted cars? I'm not really keen on cars being able to drive through me if they can't get around me. Not sure if the game allows that to be off/on, but IMO it takes away a lot from the racing and what I'm used to.

I'd like to be a privateer. For a couple of reasons.

1. I'm new to the game, the cars, the tuning and the tracks, so I don't feel 100% comfortable with a team relying on me to score points.

2. I'd like to create my own livery, if possible, using logos and sponsors from the gaming communities that I'm affiliated with.

Edited by DavidCore89

3 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

Format sounds really good to me, only ever played the beta so I will have some learning to do in all aspects. While I do have all the gear, I also have no idea in GT Sport, but I'll be happy with whatever class I'm given.

A few questions.

Will there be ghosted cars? I'm not really keen on cars being able to drive through me if they can't get around me. Not sure if the game allows that to be off/on, but IMO it takes away a lot from the racing and what I'm used to.

I'd like to be a privateer. For a couple of reasons.

1. I'm new to the game, the cars, the tuning and the tracks, so I don't feel 100% comfortable with a team relying on me to score points.

2. I'd like to create my own livery, if possible, using logos and sponsors from the gaming communities that I'm affiliated with.

Being a privateer is fine. 

Ghosting will be set to off although with GT Sport it will still come on if you are almost stationary or have the game paused. There will be the chance of contact although we’d generally avoid it. 

Your own livery is definitely something to use. We’ve got some decals for the series that have been shared but you’re free to put anything you like on your car. 

Only limitations on the cars are tyres, horsepower and weight. You’re free to tune your car as much as you want. 

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Being a privateer is fine. 

Ghosting will be set to off although with GT Sport it will still come on if you are almost stationary or have the game paused. There will be the chance of contact although we’d generally avoid it. 

Your own livery is definitely something to use. We’ve got some decals for the series that have been shared but you’re free to put anything you like on your car. 

Only limitations on the cars are tyres, horsepower and weight. You’re free to tune your car as much as you want. 

Awesome.

Yeah, ghosting on stationary cars is the standard in most games.

I'll take the BMW's if possible.

Will download it later since it's at a reduced price.

How long will it take to earn enough CR to buy the cars?

Shouldn’t take long to earn 800,000 credits but there is an option to get the cars for free. If you sign up as a BMW driver in game you get the cars given to you. Just choose the right one for each class. 

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Shouldn’t take long to earn 800,000 credits but there is an option to get the cars for free. If you sign up as a BMW driver in game you get the cars given to you. Just choose the right one for each class. 

Ah cool.

Thanks!

I am interested, the problem is I have classes at that time. Any chance of adding me as a casual racer? I might participate in a few races depending if I skip college or not...

17 minutes ago, PapOiteE said:

I am interested, the problem is I have classes at that time. Any chance of adding me as a casual racer? I might participate in a few races depending if I skip college or not...

Yeah that’s fine. Are you comfortable with the rules of the series?

5 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Yeah that’s fine. Are you comfortable with the rules of the series?

Yes, it's all good. I'm a wheel user and I choose the Mercedes.

2 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Only just unlocked the track about an hour ago :lol:

To be clear, it's the 2nd variation?

It’s Saint Croix B II so the reverse of the main circuit. 

• Like 1

A II is the reverse of the main circuit, B II is the slightly shorter one.

I've been using the M6 by mistake. What a noob :lol:

Basically, I've been driving the wrong car on the wrong track?

Cars are sorted, had to buy the M3 after borrowing the wrong car via sponsor, seems like a better car anyway.

Practiced a bit and will do more, just lacking in experience driving with other players in this game, so will have to forget about how I race in other games and just take it easy. Every Sport race I've joined has knobs using your car as brakes, learnt nothing there :mellow:

xdwhhu.jpg

Not perfect designs, but good enough for a first-timer like me I guess.

Bright enough to keep your distance :D

• Like 3