Gran Turismo Sport

PapOiteE

I'm sad to say that I will drop GT this time in favor of Pcars2. 

Games looks much better and apparently it's much better to play with a pad this time around. Also largest track roster of the releases this fall. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Squirrel

• PapOiteE

• Fido_le_muet

It's been a pain in the ass to complete that 6 laps challenge at Interlagos circuit in 1st place. 

So most of you will choose Project CARS over GT Sport right? I was looking forward to race against you but nevermind :unsure:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PapOiteE said:

It's been a pain in the ass to complete that 6 laps challenge at Interlagos circuit in 1st place. 

So most of you will choose Project CARS over GT Sport right? I was looking forward to race against you but nevermind :unsure:

A few people here have pCARS2 and I haven't raced with them, despite offering to.

20 people here could have GT Sport, and they still wouldn't wanna race with me :lol:

I'll be getting it, not sure how much time I'll spend on there, but I'd be up for a few races.

• Like 1

I wont be getting this until Christmas, not really sure if it worth the full price payout for me.

Had a little fun with the livery creator and photography in the demo though...

DLzNRZxWkAEMZQS.jpg

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

Haven't finished the DL, but enough to play the arcade mode. It looks outstanding in HDR and high def.

Seems to be an interesting game. I'm gonna give it a go and if I like it enough, I may buy a wheel and maybe a seat set up.

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

LOL! After playing the full version yesterday, I started to think about a wheel set up. Up came the Thrustmaster T-GT in some people's reviews. I couldn't find it at Best Buy for some reason.

Just a bit ago I found the reason. $799 is a bit too rich fer me! LOL!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Thrustmaster-4169087-T-GT-Force-Feedback-Racing-Wheel/56017430?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227105372443&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=219763739942&wl4=pla-355276072974&wl5=9027113&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=56017430&wl13=&veh=sem

I think the Thrustmaster - T300 RS ($299 at Best Buy) is gonna be my tops in buying a wheel. Brushless motor and belt forced feedback are my two requirements IF I buy a wheel.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

2 hours ago, zztop911 said:

LOL! After playing the full version yesterday, I started to think about a wheel set up. Up came the Thrustmaster T-GT in some people's reviews. I couldn't find it at Best Buy for some reason.

Just a bit ago I found the reason. $799 is a bit too rich fer me! LOL!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Thrustmaster-4169087-T-GT-Force-Feedback-Racing-Wheel/56017430?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227105372443&wmlspartner=wmtlabs&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=219763739942&wl4=pla-355276072974&wl5=9027113&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=56017430&wl13=&veh=sem

I think the Thrustmaster - T300 RS ($299 at Best Buy) is gonna be my tops in buying a wheel. Brushless motor and belt forced feedback are my two requirements IF I buy a wheel.

T300 is the standard and what most people use, great wheel, but unfortunately only the T3PA Pro pedals are strong enough to withstand the use, the ones that come with it can often break since they contain more plastic.

Problem with GT Sport is you won't really feel the most outta the T300 feedback since GT Sport just uses an effect which adds weight to the wheel when it's turned instead of actual force feedback.

Visually GT Sport is very nice, especially in 4K, but the rest is lacking.

Edited by DavidCore89

• 2 weeks later...

It is absolutely stunning ! 

I've seen many photomode and scapes pics on GTPlanet and sometimes you can't tell if it's a real picture or a videogame. 

I got fooled many times ! 

But the game is way behind on everything else compared to Forza 7 and pCARS 2. 

• Like 1

I would definitely play both games before saying which is best, 1 is a racing game and the other is a racing sim. Spot the difference :)

I don't dislike GT, played it since the late 90's and it very well could be a better game. I enjoyed the short time I've spent on there, but it's just a step back from the realism that I've got used to.

At the end of the day, people should just play whatever makes them happy.

• Like 2

On 10/20/2017 at 1:38 PM, DavidCore89 said:

T300 is the standard and what most people use, great wheel, but unfortunately only the T3PA Pro pedals are strong enough to withstand the use, the ones that come with it can often break since they contain more plastic.

Problem with GT Sport is you won't really feel the most outta the T300 feedback since GT Sport just uses an effect which adds weight to the wheel when it's turned instead of actual force feedback.

Visually GT Sport is very nice, especially in 4K, but the rest is lacking.

FYI, the t300rs GT is a new model that has the three pedals you were talking about that are much better than what comes with the regular wheel. It is now available for the same price as the t300rs. I'm going to see if it's going to be on sale during Black Friday.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

3 hours ago, zztop911 said:

FYI, the t300rs GT is a new model that has the three pedals you were talking about that are much better than what comes with the regular wheel. It is now available for the same price as the t300rs. I'm going to see if it's going to be on sale during Black Friday.

Yeah, standard bundle is T300 wheel with T3PA pedals (3 pedals), but they're plastic. T3PA Pro are the ones to get, they usually come with T500 wheel, but they available separately, maybe with T300 too.

On 11/11/2017 at 12:52 PM, DavidCore89 said:

Yeah, standard bundle is T300 wheel with T3PA pedals (3 pedals), but they're plastic. T3PA Pro are the ones to get, they usually come with T500 wheel, but they available separately, maybe with T300 too.

Yeah, the T300RS GT (Gran Turismo) model comes with the better metal pedals and the brake mod. I found it for 399 with free shipping and no tax at a store in New Jersey I think.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

32 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Yeah, the T300RS GT (Gran Turismo) model comes with the better metal pedals and the brake mod. I found it for 399 with free shipping and no tax at a store in New Jersey I think.

They aren't the pedals I'm talking about. Those are T3PA pedals, T3PA Pro are a little bit more, but the difference is huge. 

I had those, more sturdy than the standard ones, but the internal bits are plastic, only the pedal plates are metal. 

They're very useable and a great set to start with, but they won't last too long if you're giving them a lot of abuse, the pedals become a bit loose. Brake mod is definitely useful to help replicate the gradual feel, I don't like too much travel on the brake pedal, so that was a good thing.

Personally, I wouldn't buy the GT edition, you could probably get T300 alcantara edition for less as it doesn't have GT licensing, but I think it has different switches. All comes down to personal preferences. That's quite a good price though.

Edited by DavidCore89

@zztop911, just be careful you're not confusing the T300-RS-GT with the T-GT.  The T-GT is the latest, officially licensed Grand Turismo wheel, but I'm pretty sure it's over $800 in the US.

The T300-RS-GT is an older T300 wheel base (motor) with a GT licensed rim (wheel).  If it came with a Formula One style wheel, it'll be called something like T300-RS-F1 for example. 

They have a completely different wheel base (motor) and rim (wheel).  The pedals look very similar to each other, but they could be slightly different.  Either way, both the T300-RS-GT and the T-GT DO NOT use the Pro pedals @DavidCore89 is talking about.  The Pro pedals can be inverted so they "hang" like a real car, rather than coming out of the floor.

I've done a fair bit of research too, and I gotta admit it's all a bit confusing - especially since Thrustmaster sets can often have different components that you can swap in and out.

EDIT - here are some pics for reference.

EgKdvSI.png

gw3ZgSi.png

7eM4eEO.png

Edited by no_snacks

I had seen thet thepedal set that David was talking about and the Hefty price tag. Granted those are nice as hell, but I could use that money on buying the stand that I want. One of the reviews said that the pedals and the internal part were metal on the unit that I had talked about. I guess I actually just need to call them and ask them what they are actually composed of to make sure.    

Yeah, I thought I had a solution to my problem! LOL!!!

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

I was looking at the T-GT, I like the wheel for the rotary switches, but the pedals are by no means acceptable for 800 pounds.

They're taking advantage of the GT Sport hype.

• 2 weeks later...