Gran Turismo Sport

PapOiteE

Yeah, the reveal was definitely underwhelming. I got a bit excited that day because I love GT but it's obvious that the King is dead now.

The GT series is incapable of evolving and reach what is now the current standards.

I'll probably still buy it but not at launch and will wait for reviews and a few weeks to pass to see if it's really worth it.

Livery editor looks cool but I bet it's gonna be very rigid, impractical and limited, like most things on GT nowadays.

Very sad to see that the AI is still shit, the sounds are the same as on PS1, no carreer mode and this time we're getting way less cars and tracks than we're used to. And to me, that huge car list and big career are the most appealing things in Gran Turismo.

I know it's a kind of spin off game before GT7 but still, they don't seem to be able to correct and improve stuff that everybody's been complaining about for 10 years.

So I guess i'm gonna be looking at a new racing game to play. Forza is the best out there but I'm not buying an XB1 for that !

Is Project Cars really that good @DavidCore89 ? Are there road cars and not only race cars ? How many cars and tracks ? Is there a career mode ?

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Squirrel

• PapOiteE

• Fido_le_muet

Forget the egg box, at least Forza is available on the PC now. First impressions after the Beta are encouraging. 

2 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Forget the egg box, at least Forza is available on the PC now. First impressions after the Beta are encouraging. 

The Beta of Forza Apex or the GT Sport beta/unveilling ?

Exactly! The main issues are things that GT players have requested for too long.

Career mode and cars is what I liked most.

At least at the pCARS forums, if enough players request something and it's within the devs capabilities - they'll do it.

pCARS isn't perfect, it has bugs that may affect your gameplay. Remember that it's a crowd-funded project which is really at the beta stage of what they're looking to do in the future, but with a wheel there isn't a game on console that comes close for realism, controller will be a steep learning curve.

GOTY Edition comes with over 500 bug fixes, also every DLC car and track.

There are multiple road classes, GT classes 1, 1x, 3, 4 and 5. LMP 1, 2 and 3. Openwheel, openwheel vintage. Vintage GT. Stockcar. Touring 1, 2 and 3. Group A and B, Karts... Well over 100 cars, I'm sure a car list is available, but I can only find lists without all DLC and free cars.

Over 100 tracks at 35 locations, most of the UK tracks are fully laser scanned http://www.projectcarsgame.com/locations.html

Forza is quite arcade, not that I'm against that style, but it's hard to compare it with other stuff. Still didn't try the beta.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

I'm gonna take a closer look at pCARS. I know it's crowdfunded and what they have done is impressive to say the least.

I'm gonna find me a nice cars & track list and I should buy it, or another good racing game before the end of the month.

@Squirrel : I'm gonna need a better PC if I'm to buy Forza Apex ! But it's tempting. Forza's car selections are the most impressive and diversified out there. Miles ahead of GT's and its 50 Skylines, 30 Evos, 45 MX-5...

Yeah I don't blame you. GT AI is shocking but I do like the unpredictable nature of forzas AI, you can actually pressure cars in front to make mistakes and miss their corners, on the touring car race I was getting bashed all over the place by them. The rain effects are pretty good too. You can really feel it when you've hit a patch of standing water. 

No ovals, they couldn't get the AI to run them properly. They weren't allowed by licence to release them for online only, they had to include SP too, they'll be in pCARS 2.

Planned/Confirmed Tracks (to be released as DLC)

European Tracks

- Mugello

Oceanic Tracks

- Macau

Historic Tracks 

- Bannochbrae (fictional historic GP track located in the scottish highlands)
- Hockenheim (Pre 2002)
- Rouen Les Essarts 
- Historic Milan - Monza (1967. GPL2.)
- Historic Milan Oval

- Silverstone 1975
- Solitude Rennstrecke 
- Spa Historic 

Oval Tracks 

- Concord - Charlotte Motor Speedway **
- Daytona International Speedway ***
- Delaware - Dover
- Henrico - Richmond
- Indianapolis Speedway *
- Memphis - Bristol

Tracks in red were never added.

The GT Planet list is very outdated, maybe I'm missing more stuff too such as 10 free cars on the PS Store.

This list doesn't include the final DLC which was Nordschleife Combined and a GT1 Pagani.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Not excited about this at all. Bought Project Cars a few weeks ago, and even though I spent very little time with it, I saw enough to know that when I next decide to spend some time with a racing game that will the one. Very nice AI (at least compared with GT, which is the only other racing game I played in the last few years), amazing graphical effects (weather, etc)... Since I play with a controller I had to search the web for proper settings (the default are terrible) and curiously I think I controlled the car far better with the driving assists all off. Also think it's probably best to get used to playing without them from the start.

Will get a wheel one day, but I want it to be a very good one instead of settling for a cheap, and have other priorities at the moment.

I'm shit at it, so will only play SP for quite a while, but as a SP game it certainly looks far more enjoyable than GT, at least in the racing aspect of it, which really is the most important.

@Fido_le_muet It has a career mode but it's different than most career modes. You don't accumulate money to buy cars. There's no money and you have all cars available from the start. You get invited to different teams according to your results, the game records your results from every seasons, you have simulated twitter feeds, etc... You chose your class, so if you want to emulate a real career you can start with karting and then progress to other classes at is goes on. Key point to enjoying this seems to be to chose a suitable diffulty, as it can vary from very easy to apparently impossible. I've been playing on easy just to learn the game whilst still not finishing several laps behind the leader, but I reckon when I get better at it I'll probably enjoy playing in the hardest difficulties and being happy to finish 20th, or ecstatic with an occasional 15th. I find that more amusing, small steps and goals instead of glory from season 1 :D

Edited by Arruda
  • Like 1

Totally agree.

Only issues with pCARS AI are:

1. They run a simplified tyre model which works in any weather and never needs to heat up, so they tend to get the upper hand in a race which turns to wet.

2. 100% difficulty will be easier in some classes while other classes will be impossible to match them. Huge differences.

What I didn't like about career mode is the player is almost forced to run races at 100% length, otherwise the weather progression is way too fast and it'll turn into thunderstorms within seconds.

There are alot of people here that play other games than GTA, and some that I think play racing games like this Gran Turismo Sport.

I never played or at least never enjoyed racing games, primarily due to a complete lack of understanding and skill of what to do.

I like racing in GTA.

Now my question is how much different would a game like this be from racing in GTA? Is it worth taking a chance and getting this game, I am affraid I would just not enjoy it due to it being way to hard.

Personal opinion, I've always enjoyed racing games, arcade or simulators. From what I see in GTA you're a great racer Lann and even if GTA isn't a sim racing game, racing concepts apply and you will probably do great on a sim as well. Not saying that it isn't harder on a sim, it is but the concepts are the same and you know them :)

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

The same things that would be very challenging also makes it more stimulating in the long run i guess. 

Also a bit uncertain about the surrounding social aspects,  hard to imagine it to be as good as we have it in GTA. 

I will try to stay updated on what games you all might get involved in. 

Edited by Lann

GTA is arcade and much more simplistic than GT. It is also more fun IMO, because of that and mostly because of the social aspect you mention.

I'm sure you would do good in GT after a short time of adapting to a much more realistic racing game.

• Like 1

GTA is full arcade, but don't let GTS fool you into believing it's a full sim because it really isn't, it's missing too many things to be called a full sim.

Some call it sim-cade. For me that pretty much means you can pick up the game and play with a controller. Same with all other GT titles, if you can drift a BMW with a controller then it's gotta be arcade, right? :D

As for social aspects - No game is any different. I'm involved in racing communities just like what you guys have here, actually it may be more sociable than GTA crews as GTA is more rage inducing and ego-packed.

As Fido said - I'm sure you'd do well after taking time to adapt. You already know how to get around tracks quickly, it's simply a case of transferring your knowledge.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 4

• 1 year later...

So, this is supposed to be coming out soon. Anyone here going to be buying it? Says it will have a separate "arcade mode" ?

This list of cars and tracks is a joke compared to the next Forza but this is a PS crew and I would like to have something to be able to play with you guys :) F13 turned out to be a waste of money, lol.

If not, how about Pcars 2? I know DC will be buying that one for sure.

34 minutes ago, Sinister said:

So, this is supposed to be coming out soon. Anyone here going to be buying it? Says it will have a separate "arcade mode" ?

This list of cars and tracks is a joke compared to the next Forza but this is a PS crew and I would like to have something to be able to play with you guys :) F13 turned out to be a waste of money, lol.

If not, how about Pcars 2? I know DC will be buying that one for sure.

The arcade mode won't be like the GT arcade mode from previous titles, won't have as many cars for starters.

I'll get it, I get all racing games, but pCARS 2 is the one I'm waiting for and where I'll spend most of my time, current build footage looks awesome.

I've played some GT Sport with wheel and controller, it's quite nice and easy, but also a little uninspiring and quite empty feeling, but it was a beta.

The league I race with will have championships in GTS, pCARS 2. I tend to avoid public lobbies for the most part, stick to private lobbies or planned events to get the most outta these kinda games and that's gonna be hard to do with a handful of people here.

I wouldn't mind driving with there only being a few of us, or a bit of hot-lapping.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

My only thing, especially with two consoles, is a steering wheel. Do they make one that is useable on all consoles? The things are anything but cheap. 

Horizon 3 is different than a straight Forza but I can tell that I am missing out by not having a wheel. 

40 minutes ago, Sinister said:

My only thing, especially with two consoles, is a steering wheel. Do they make one that is useable on all consoles? The things are anything but cheap. 

Horizon 3 is different than a straight Forza but I can tell that I am missing out by not having a wheel. 

None that I know of will work on XB and PS. The most popular brands make separate wheels.

I wouldn't get a wheel for Forza, I don't doubt it's a good game, but it's less sim than all of it's rivals (and XB will never get GT).

On PS I'd suggest T300 wheel, or T150 if you're on a budget. Heard the G29 isn't bad either.

Racing stuff isn't cheap, especially if you're not getting much use out of it, but for me it transforms racing.

Just looked on Google. Can get decent feedback wheels for around 200 per console. Of course very good ones are much more.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I've been comparing pc2 and gt sport. In my opinion gt sport is looking better, so my choice is gt sport. That and the T150. Can't wait!

Are you sure?

I mean, even the basics like rain and working wipers has been missed by GTS.

It's the same daylight all the time.

I've played it with the T150, it feels nice, but also a little empty. The force feedback seems to lack some depth.

History aside, pCARS2 does everything GTS offers, plus more.

I will be getting this too, but not pre-order. 

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

Are you sure?

I mean, even the basics like rain and working wipers has been missed by GTS.

It's the same daylight all the time.

I've played it with the T150, it feels nice, but also a little empty. The force feedback seems to lack some depth.

History aside, pCARS2 does everything GTS offers, plus more.

I will be getting this too, but not pre-order. 

Yeah, I'm sure...  Because of the livery editor, the online system is looking pretty exciting, the graphics and engine sounds and all that are more realistic in my opinion. 

The dynamic weather issue is not a problem for me, I don't like to race in bad conditions or at night, it ruins the fun. I also heard the career mode won't be as good as the other GTs were. But still GT is my choice.

I believe there are better wheels but, I'm too broke to pay for a better one haha.