Crew tournament

grjkie

I think if you go with random teams it will still be tough to split into different. Pots I think just numbering every player 1-16 and thrn just randomly matching them up is the best way. As you stayed and questioned who is to say wjo belongs in which group you do it random and teams are what they are if you get some loaded teams you know it wasnt chosen it was random

As much as I like the random teams I think it will make the tournament harder the golf tournament is working but it is 1v1 if you randomly get 2 teams all different time.zones ut will be hard to get 4 people together. Maybe you just ask when picking partner if possible cant use someone you partnered with before to kind of change up the teams. I believe is picking teams will.give us best chance to complete the tournament.

Edited by truelife98

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grjkie

• truelife98

• Jaggy

• Ninja

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is going to decide who is "good" and who is just "so-so" at Rocket League? What kind of information would you use to split up the pots?

I was going to use my personal judgement on that, I didn't want to do it either but it really is a good idea brought up by DC to kind of even out the teams...

I think if you go with random teams it will still be tough to split into different. Pots I think just numbering every player 1-16 and thrn just randomly matching them up is the best way. As you stayed and questioned who is to say wjo belongs in which group you do it random and teams are what they are if you get some loaded teams you know it wasnt chosen it was random

As much as I like the random teams I think it will make the tournament harder the golf tournament is working but it is 1v1 if you randomly get 2 teams all different time.zones ut will be hard to get 4 people together. Maybe you just ask when picking partner if possible cant use someone you partnered with before to kind of change up the teams. I believe is picking teams will.give us best chance to complete the tournament.

I'm glad this in on the table to be discussed, both choices have positive and negative points... Random teams will be hard to get them together I know, last tournament we chose our partners and yet it didn't finish either

I won't be put down by the difficulties of organizing this, all in all I really enjoy the game and I enjoy playing it with you guys (the ones I've already played with of course)

I guess once we get 16 players I'll look around the thread and see what most people voted for

Edited by grjkie
  • Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Let's say these are the teams:

G & Xyon vs Me & Scotty.

These are two teams who may find it rather difficult to get their match in due to time zones and work/personal life schedules.  It was mentioned earlier some where, but it would be best to keep the teams US/EU/AU, etc.

So teams like this;

Torrid & G vs AB & Scotty would work a bit better.  Sure, it's still a 2 v 2 against two different counties, but we're not trying to get two or three different parts of the world together for 15-20 minutes.  :lol:  It's a lot harder than some think sometimes.

• Like 1

I won't be put down by the difficulties of organizing this, all in all I really enjoy the game and I enjoy playing it with you guys (the ones I've already played with of course)

I guess once we get 16 players I'll look around the thread and see what most people voted for

Nicely put in the end this is all that matters that we all have fun and play the tournament whatever you decide I am good with

• Like 1

How about setting 2, maybe 3 time slots and we each choose our preferred play time. From there we can match people up randomly within the group. That should work out to be the best of both worlds.

I do agree with DC on this though. If grjkie and ninja are together, they will mostly be unstoppable. You guys are great by yourselves and are even better as a team since you play together all the time. That will end up being off putting for most people.

Maybe In the future we could have a more serious one where we choose teams.

As for skill level, the biggest factor is compatibility. Complex and I are both decent players, but we don't work very well as a team. We're always crashing into each other or in the same place. This consistently happens with randoms too. Once you play with someone who complements your play style, things are easy. I'm sure we could work out a play style and positions to stay in but sometimes you just work with other people and it's a massive difference.

Edited by ScottyB

scottyb1988.jpg

How about setting 2, maybe 3 time slots and we each choose our preferred play time. From there we can match people up randomly within the group. That should work out to be the best of both worlds

Not a bad idea but I think it's best if the teams arrange a set up time between them, if we set up a time slot that means that inevitably teams that choosed one slot will meet a team from a different slot (if I understood your idea correctly)

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I also think that randomizing teams would be better but I just don't see it working, the issues that were brought up by it are big

www.ishare4free.com

Even though I wouldn't mind teaming up with ninja I do believe that it's best if we don't, we don't play together all the time but we have played a bit yes, and our play styles kind of fit each other, same with true, played with him a couple of matches a few days ago and we complement each other pretty good as well. I can say from my end that I enjoy winning but I won't choose a partner that will put off other teams, as much as I'd like to play with say ninja I can't choose him

www.ishare4free.com

Not a bad idea but I think it's best if the teams arrange a set up time between them, if we set up a time slot that means that inevitably teams that choosed one slot will meet a team from a different slot (if I understood your idea correctly)

What I mean is to basically be randomly teamed up with people in your preferred Timezone.

If I was paired with you, that means I have to get up early or stay up late or you will need to do the same for every single match where as if I am partnered with someone in a more suitable Timezone, most of our matches are likely to be held in during a time that we are already on. Obviously there will be matches that will be in opposite timezones anyway, but this should minimise it.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

I'm not sure yet if it will be random or not, but in case it is that is one good idea as well to try and even out the teams :)

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

We are never all going to be in agreement about rules or format for this (or any event/playlist/tournament).

As organizer, Grjkie should set it up as he wants and we can then decide whether or not we want to (or can) take part.

It's really that simple, surely?

• Like 3

I just want us to have fun, I'm sure either way it'll work out :)

www.ishare4free.com

I've given you a few different options on possible ways to do it and why, so the choice is up to you now. I'm not fussed either way and will be happy with whatever you decide.

scottyb1988.jpg

I will most likely allow us to choose our partners once we have the full 16, I'll give it a couple more days and in case we don't get 16 I may try to set up a 3v3 if we can. I wanted as well for teams to do the same amount of matches that's why I followed G's advice to set up a limit on the amount of players, that way with 16 players it would be easier to manage I think. If we don't get more people I'd like to do a 3v3 with the players we have now. It would only be two rounds though and it would be hard to get all 6 players together I think

www.ishare4free.com

So it seems no one else is interested in this, what do you guys say about locking it to 12 players and have a 3v3? Or try at least...

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

So it seems no one else is interested in this, what do you guys say about locking it to 12 players and have a 3v3? Or try at least...

That works for me.

• Like 1

Locked then to 12 players, to avoid starting a new thread I'll edit the OP with the tournaments rules later tonight or sometime tomorrow, we still have some time until G settles in and is available again. So please choose your partners accordingly, it won't be easy to get the matches done but please communicate with each other through either the thread or private messages.

First option is an elimination tournament but every team will play two matches, the teams that lose their first match will face each other for 3rd place.

Second option is like complex suggested, all teams play each other, that way everyone plays 3 matches and we'll choose 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th by the number of wins or in case of ties through most scored goals and less suffered. It isn't decided yet so feel free to give your opinion on your favorite option :)

Good luck and ROCKET LEAGUE :D

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Sounds good to me I like  the second option better as everyone will play everyone seems to be more fair to me. Unless you did double elimination where 1st round winners play eachother and the loser of that will play the winner of the 1st round loser game. From there the undefeated team will face the last team remaining and will have to beat them once or the other team can beat them twice to win it all.

Also open to any teammates I am usually on nights north american times but I do get weekdays off where I could get on at anytime needed

• Like 1

I have not played this specific game with any of you nor have I ever played with half the participants here. In picking a team I will go with whomever wants an Asshat teammate :D

• Like 2

I have not played this specific game with any of you nor have I ever played with half the participants here. In picking a team I will go with whomever wants an Asshat teammate :D

I'd gladly have an asshat teammate!

• Like 1

I can't be on Torrid's team because my PS4 is being sent out for repairs on Monday.  

So, if anyone wants me on their team (I'm good at blowing people up!), let me know.  :)  Remember, I'm a SAHM who has no social life outside of the home really--so I'm available to play with any and all crew members almost all the time.

• Like 1

I'd gladly have an asshat teammate!

Why thanks sir.

Since Jaggy brought it up, on the topic of blowing up opponents, is it fair and allowed? I wasn't sure if it was considered a dick move while playing the crew