Crew tournament

grjkie

Ok I think everyone is ready for this to kick-off so good luck everyone :D

Match Settings:

Team Size: 3v3

Bot Difficulty: No Bots

Region/Servers: US or Europe

Matches:

All Rounds: 3 rounds, not exactly the same as the last one because in case of a tie winner will be selected through goals and if a team played more rounds they'd have a higher chance of winning against a team that played less.

Arenas:

For tournaments, please do not use any stadium with the stormy settings. It seems the arenas with the rain/storms cause the most amount of lag. To avoid frustrations, these settings will not be used.

Both teams must agree on which arena will be used before the start of the match. Use the same arena for all rounds.

Score Reporting:

Both teams are responsible for reporting the results of the match. It will be easier to show screen shots of each match, but if a screen shot was not taken, please update this thread with the scores.

Since we're all playing each other once and the teams standings will be decided by counting the most wins and in case of ties the most scored goals and least suffered please leave a post with the results of each match.

Teams

Team 1- Truelife98, Complex, Jaggy

Team 2- Torrid, Rumdig, Ab-CoNes

Team 3- Grjkie, Xyon14, PB76

Team 4- G37, ScottyB, Ninja

Edited by grjkie

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grjkie

• truelife98

• Jaggy

• Ninja

Top Posters In This Topic

Im Down for a tournament anytime. What kind of format did you have in mind

I thought the next tournament would be a 1v1 but I posted so we can let everyone that's interested participate on the settings of it :)

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I think elimination like the last one is preferred, and it's up to everyone if it'll be a 1v1 or 3v3 this time, it depends as well on the number of interested people of course

www.ishare4free.com

I'd be itching to do 2v2 because I was in the process of moving right around the start of this last one. Especially since I wanted to see how far Scotty and I could go. I obviously haven't played in a couple months.

I might suggest if you're interested in 1v1:

- maybe make it an American vs American and Euro vs Euro Championship where the winner could battle the winner for the true victor.

- might make 1v1 easier because we may have too many singular matches otherwise

I might suggest if you're interested in 2v2:

- figuring out a way to find a partner (either by player selected or by skill matching for a balanced team)

- would shrink the pool of people to allow a reasonable amount of matches to be completed in a reasonable amount of time

- could also figure out a way to match teams via something in game (similar to our partner races by evening out lap times)

Ideally I'd love 3v3 because I feel like that's the perfect amount for defense/offense.

• Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

I'd be itching to do 2v2 because I was in the process of moving right around the start of this last one. Especially since I wanted to see how far Scotty and I could go. I obviously haven't played in a couple months.

I might suggest if you're interested in 1v1:

- maybe make it an American vs American and Euro vs Euro Championship where the winner could battle the winner for the true victor.

- might make 1v1 easier because we may have too many singular matches otherwise

I might suggest if you're interested in 2v2:

- figuring out a way to find a partner (either by player selected or by skill matching for a balanced team)

- would shrink the pool of people to allow a reasonable amount of matches to be completed in a reasonable amount of time

- could also figure out a way to match teams via something in game (similar to our partner races by evening out lap times)

Ideally I'd love 3v3 because I feel like that's the perfect amount for defense/offense.

I was leaning towards a 3v3 but I feel as well that it will be hard to get people together for it, I think 1v1 will be the way to go and your idea 2 separate tournaments is great, we just have to see how many people are interested...

I would like to join depending on time/ date. Preferably anything BUT 1v1 since I'm kinda new to the game and still learning

We already had a 2v2 tournament and some teams had to bail, it won't be easy seeing that we have members from around the world

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

I'm also kind of torn because I feel 1v1 Is not a lot of skill and more just luck of getting to the ball in good position. 2v2 involves defense and passing and I think would be best way. 3v3 would be great but hard to get 6 people together

Lets make another 2 vs 2 and pick someone else than the last tournament

We'll have to see first the number of participants we get, you in Ninja? I'll be editing the OP with the amount of interested people :)

www.ishare4free.com

I would like to join depending on time/ date. Preferably anything BUT 1v1 since I'm kinda new to the game and still learning

Umm....

RUMDIG DID YOU GET A PS4?!?!?

I'm interested in doing a tournament.

• Like 1

Umm....RUMDIG DID YOU GET A PS4?!?!?

I'm interested in doing a tournament.

I wanted to ask that lol :D can I add both your names to the OP?

www.ishare4free.com

i would join, haven't had one with DB yet

Added your name, we have 5 interested players so far, last time we had like 20 I think and it wasn't easy to set the matches up, 1v1s are not easy to play especially if we're only used to play with teammates. I am not sure about this tournament setup yet, G brought up some great ideas and from what I can tell you guys aren't that much into 1v1 either...

www.ishare4free.com

I have no preference.  I've been playing 1v1 in exhibition when people aren't online to get my Halloween specials.  Sometimes I'll venture online and play with randoms in 2v2... even a random teammate.  :lol:

• Like 2

I may go 2v2 on this one and lock the number of participants to 12, that should make it short enough to finish quickly... But if any of you have any suggestions/ideas feel free to post them here. We have 7 participants so far, maybe 8 if Rumdig indeed has a PS4 :D

www.ishare4free.com

If its 2v2. I'm interested. No thanks for 1v1. As previously stated, 1v1 relies a lot on luck, and I HATE feeling like I've worked so hard to dribble the ball properly down field, to have someone else SMASH it one time, and it drops in the net. It still happens in 2v2, but not nearly as bad. 3v3 is the way to go, but yeah, that kinda tournament is going to be hard to setup. 

So if its a 2v2, count me in!

Not 12, for 2v2 we need 16 for every team to have an equal number of matches so for now I'll lock it to 16, the tournament setup is still undecided because of the number of people... I won't put 1v1 aside yet, I'd rather 2v2 or 3v3 as well... But I like 1v1 also :) it's not only luck, luck helps but it's not the only thing, it's a mix of everything IMO :)

What about partner choice? You guys want to randomize it or would you like the chance to choose teammates if we indeed go 2v2 or 3v3?

www.ishare4free.com

I just bought the game yesterday for my son, I have yet to even play it. So before I would commit to playing this I would need to practice ... but how hard can it be. PB wants his name down too  B)

It's kind of a sports game, and it's great, I'm not that happy about paid DLC in games, this is the only game so far that has made me buy every DLC to pay for the amusement I have playing it. I think I'll be playing it later tonight feel free to join in if you want to practice :)

PB wants to play this tournament?

www.ishare4free.com