Star Wars Battlefront

Squirrel

I'm dreading the launch week, the clusterfuck that is GTA V is nothing compared to the monumental cock-up that EA managed with Sim City. Rockstar may have had a few difficulties but the game itself was playable on launch, even if it was just single player only.

Like Sim City, Battlefront is going to be an online only game. There is no single player to fall back on so everybody is going to be getting the game on release, trying to get online and that will be enough to bring any server farm to it's knees. That's even without the likes of Lizard twats getting involved, which we know they will do at somepoint with such a popular IP.

EA had to give away free games as an apology due to Sim City being completely unplayable for around a week. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Fido_le_muet

• Jaggy

Yeah EA have messed up so many times it's unforgiving.

By the way, if you're a big fan of citybuilders, try out Cities Skylines, that game is great, I've played that thing so much, way more superior to Sim City in any way!

Or wait for Anno 2205, Anno games have always been very good imho

Edited by Haste

b2ExQd1.png

My experience with the server browser is all from BF3. 

You could rent a server for a monthly free, you were then able to set the rules how you wanted and pick your map rotations which was quite good. Hard part was when you didn't have access to your own server and wanted to join in with others, a lot of the time the rotation was 1 hour long Metro matches followed by another hour long no vehicle combat match and then back to another hour long metro match etc...

Being able to pick the map you started with was good but generally it was a bad experience unless you knew the good servers to be on. 

Does having no server browser could mean that all the servers will be EA based. Yeah we might not be able to choose where we fight but as long as we can join friends it should all be good. Apparently they will be all skill based though....

I miss the old days when everything you played on was a dedicated server where you could control anything, was much more personalized, every "in" server was kind of like a "home" for many, miss those days in Quake 3, Soldier of Fortune 2, CoD1/2, Return to Castle: Wolfenstein, CS1.5/1.6... I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

b2ExQd1.png

I want the game so bad. But I don't have a ps4 nor will I ever get one mostly because I have a few reasons hindering me from buying it.

-new console means $300 down the drain

-ps plus required for online gaming

-where to put the console

-the only game I will have for that console; I have to buy another copy of gta, bf4, etc if I plan on going forward with them.

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

It seems that there is a lot of people not happy about lack of a server browser in game.

Someone has set up a petition in order to try and change that. Not sure how much effect it will have on the developers decisions but if you want to sign it here it is:

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-dice-ea-please-add-a-server-browser-for-battlefront

Some more game footage. I don't think there's a question whether or not I'll be getting this. So cool!

Feels like Battlefield, looks like Star Wars... I'm in!

Edited by UberL33tPwner69
  • Like 2

UberL33tPwner69_XDBX_Sig.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

More information on the Beta including how to be part of it.

Seems that you just have to download it from the PSN store

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/05/star-wars-battlefront-ps4-beta-everything-you-need-to-know/

Might be worth checking out their forums too, especially useful if we are going to be expanding into the game as a clan.

http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/forums

Edited by Squirrel_Army

Just been informed that the Beta is available for download in the PS store in certain timezones. Good idea to start checking so you can download in advance.

I've heard you'll be able to download it this afternoon, I hope I get to play with you guys tonight :)

• Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

Star Wars Beta is on the UK PS Store.

I have just ordered and added it to my download queue using the Playstation App so I'm hoping it will have downloaded by the time I get home.

• Like 1

When I downloaded it it didn't took that long, I hope you guys get to try its greatness :D

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I am very excited

Understandable, and you won't regret it :D

www.ishare4free.com