Star Wars Battlefront

Squirrel

That was so amazing !!!

I know...I get chills every time I watch it.  That is just a taste. I can only imagine what else there will be. It looks like it will be very similar to the GTA format. I had heard there will be "survivals" where you battle waves of Stormtroopers. Along with two man missions.  I'm hoping there will be Pod Races. ;)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Fido_le_muet

• Jaggy

Yes I saw screenshots with "wave" written on screen. I hope there are a lot of various environments and not just epIV-VI ones. There are so glorious battles in epI-III.

I read there will be a Jakku DLC, the desert planet from epVII. Apparently it's free if you preorder the game.

• Like 1

When is the release date?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

For those on the Star Wars hype train, XDBX Wars is a week on Sunday, still some jobs outstanding but I've just completed the Battle for Hoth 

• Like 3

This is genuinely amazing, a full fan remake of A New Hope.

Well, more than one fan.

I am about an hour into this now.  No idea what the hell I'm watching, but it's hilarious.  :lol:

• Like 2

I am totally stoked about the latest news for the movie and the game! Lucas was able to convince both Abrams and DICE to make some revisions to their content to remain canonical with his ever evolving vision of the Star Wars universe.

Since these changes are occuring so late in developement, both Abrams and DICE stated this will cause some serious discontinuity in the movie's plot and many gameplay-crippling bugs. However, they were confident that it would be worth it to showcase one of the most beloved characters from the mind of Lucas.

Abrams stated in a recent press conference that, quote, "Star Wars fans are going to let out a collective scream as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced."

Check out the latest trailer! : MIAO :

• Like 5

UberL33tPwner69_XDBX_Sig.png

I'll admit, the graphics look absolutely incredible. I don't know much about Star Wars though (I just can't get into fantasy)--I've seen the ones from the 70s/80s and the prequels from the late 90s/early 2000s, but I couldn't get into them. I'll try this if there's a demo, but I'd probably end up crashing every time I tried flying one of those things. :lol:

I'm not into Star Wars, but this looks good enough and with the aerial possibilities I may just get it

• Like 3

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'm not into Star Wars, but this looks good enough and with the aerial possibilities I may just get it

+1

Not really my type of thing usually... however, it looks amazing.  I'll try a demo of it if available too.  Otherwise, I'll just watch streams and decide from there.

I'm not trying to be a douche here, and don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars to death...

An advice: wait buying/preordering until it's actually out, and until the reviews have come in, a lot of speculation goes around this being another EA moneymachine, and not actually for the love of the game.

Their previous gameplay footages and showings have been rather shady when you look between the fingers, first off, the game will not look as good as it looks in the videos, trust me, our consoles can't handle it yet.

When the game looks good through the footages showed in the videos, it's running on a crazy 4x titan SLI PC configuration, also, remember, they show it as "In-engine footage", not "in-game footage".

Which means, that they are showing it directly from a crazy modified PC.

The only time you can be somewhat sure of what it sorta looks like, is if it says "This footage is captured directly from a Playstation 4" and even then, it might not look as good when it releases, we've seen stuff like that before.

You might say, well I don't care about graphics, and I will agree.

There has been reports of people who played it that air combat was very sloppy, ofcourse this could change, but still.

It also has ridiculously few maps and modes compared to the older games, very few.

If I know EA right (and I do), this looks and seems more awesome than it is.

Just look at Battlefield Hardline, it seemed to be cool, but it was a huge flop, and the game is almost dead, and BF Hardline was also released by EA, that was a huge moneymaking machine, I mean $60 for a poor copy of BF4 which had way less guns than BF4 and also have tons of microtransactions? dear god, that game was also stupidly poorly done.

I'm just trying to save you guys some money, so you won't have a foul taste when and if you buy it, and it afterwords do not live up to your expectations.

And when it does come out, and it's amazing, you buy it, and no harm done, right?

Therefore, you also don't support the plague of gaming at the moment which is Day 1 DLC and on disc-DLC.

So you miss out on some day 1 DLC, or whatever, but would you rather spend 60 dollars just to get the extra pointless items, irregardless of the state of the game? or wait, and be sure that the game is worth the 60 bucks, and then live without the pointless DLC's that does nothing besides looks (Typically)

The last couple of years I've been using this method where I really think it over, and evaluate a company's previous releases or weird marketing schemes they've been pulling, since I've regretted a lot of buys, to mention a few (AC:Unity, CoD:Recycled Warfare)

The same was with The Order 1886, which looked absolutely amazing, and I was so hyped for it, but I had a hunch that it would be bad, and after it launched, I was honestly reliefed, that game was hilariously bad, it looked very very great, yes, but it was very bad, story has huge issues, there were like 6-7 hours of story (which were also bad) gameplay time, and 4-5 hours cutscenes, fighting mechanics where hilariously bad, of that even Super Mario had more complicated AI.

TL;DR:

Game might suck, wait until reviews come in after launch before you buy/preorder.

Just my 2 cents :)

No hate on Star Wars Battlefront, I love Star Wars, and I think about all of this every time I get hyped into a game.

b2ExQd1.png

Definitely agree with you Haste. Games usually look way better during previews/vidéos/screenshots. But those don't show how the gameplay actually is or the number of missions, etc...

I prefer to wait a few days before buying a game. Except for GTA or Gran Turismo :D

• Like 1

Yeah, I agree.

I no longer pre-order any games unless I have been totally happy with the previous titles, even if that means missing out on a special item or DLC.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

Definitely agree with you Haste. Games usually look way better during previews/vidéos/screenshots. But those don't show how the gameplay actually is or the number of missions, etc...

I prefer to wait a few days before buying a game. Except for GTA or Gran Turismo :D

I certainly also have games I just instantly preorder (Mind you, I only preorder Collector's Editions, cause of limited quantity)

Stuff like games from developers such as Naughty Dog, Blizzard, and stuff like that, cause I know I'm going to love them anyway, cause the developers sheer history almost ensures me a great game for my money.

IF they then mess that up, my trust will be lost for them, and they have to earn the trust again.

b2ExQd1.png

I agree with you there Haste, I read some comments on IGN about it yesterday and I was thinking, is this EA making a mess of things? The last one of their games I hyped over was Sim City. That was a total disaster.

I do however have faith in DICE, I know what they managed to do with BF3 on a less powerful system, the game engine being used for Battefront is the same Frostbite 3 engine used in BF4 but it's not just a Star Wars skin being applied to it.

There are downsides, its only the original trilogy and a bit of a movie tie in DLC, would love to have had the Republic vs CIS battles from Battlefront 2 but they could come at a later date. 

The game seems to be based around scripted battles, I'm not expecting it to be an all out traditional TDM. The battle of Hoth for instance has to go in a set direction, the AT-AT's are on rails, same as the original. You should be able to shoot from them and use them as spawn points but they will always head towards the power generators. 

I still think it should be a fantastic game, the Beta which wasn't mentioned until last night will be a big help and should do a lot to alleviate the fan fears.

I agree with you there Haste, I read some comments on IGN about it yesterday and I was thinking, is this EA making a mess of things? The last one of their games I hyped over was Sim City. That was a total disaster.

I do however have faith in DICE, I know what they managed to do with BF3 on a less powerful system, the game engine being used for Battefront is the same Frostbite 3 engine used in BF4 but it's not just a Star Wars skin being applied to it.

There are downsides, its only the original trilogy and a bit of a movie tie in DLC, would love to have had the Republic vs CIS battles from Battlefront 2 but they could come at a later date. 

The game seems to be based around scripted battles, I'm not expecting it to be an all out traditional TDM. The battle of Hoth for instance has to go in a set direction, the AT-AT's are on rails, same as the original. You should be able to shoot from them and use them as spawn points but they will always head towards the power generators. 

I still think it should be a fantastic game, the Beta which wasn't mentioned until last night will be a big help and should do a lot to alleviate the fan fears.

I also have faith in DICE, I really hope Mirror's Edge Catalyst will be very good, cause I really loved the first game, even though not many people played it/know about it.

The problem is, EA can at any time go in and say: Take this out of the game, sell it as DLC or make microtransactions for everything, they have the power to do so, that is what concerns me.

I hope it's gonna be good yeah, but even beta can look good, and if then the release is bloated with microtransactions and DLC for maps/weapons/characters etc, It's a fail for me.

Just my opinion :)

b2ExQd1.png