Star Wars Battlefront

Squirrel

I was going to get it because I had fun in the beta with you guys, but I cannot support these shitty business decisions so won’t be buying it.  Read a report today that stated it would take 4528 hours to unlock all the content in the game, or you can just buy instead for $2100!  What a deal! 

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• Fido_le_muet

• Jaggy

I am looking forward to the single player campaign as much as anything.  Anything from multiplayer will be a bonus.  

The amount of time Lime read about is ridiculous of course, but in general I like the concept of lots of hours being needed to unlock everything in a game.  Even in GTA  I wish there was incentive to get from level 600 to level 700.  Even if something small like you can hold more armor, snacks, or had faster health regeneration. 

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

For me the extra content is just that 'extra' so it is not make or break for me.

I cannot disagree with anyone who chooses to abstain though, actions speak louder than words and it is better to not purchase the game than buy it and spend its lifespan bitching about it.

I am still surprised that this has caught people off guard though, it was obvious from the 'No Season Pass' announcement, the Battlefield 1 system and a sprinkling of the most lucrative franchise the world has ever seen that...

No Season Pass = Microtransactions = Locked desirable content.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

I don't see what the big deal is, unlocking stuff based on progress is key to most games having longevity, not to mention that it's been a part of games for decades. Can't have it all right now without paying, makes good business sense to me, but people will moan if unlocks are too quick or long.

Some might not like the cost of all the items, simply don't buy them, but those who want to will.

It's a business, it surprises me how many people can't, don't or won't understand that. Business is about money.

I often wonder if people play other games, because it's the same everywhere. Grind, pay or both, but paying doesn't mean you'll win. Games have been this way for years.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

I do want to get it but it’s mainly about the gameplay with friends. At least there’s the single player option. 

I do need a new controller as well seeing as the Beta finished off one of my controllers. Will be likely to be the end of the month when I join in. Hopefully EA will address the issues that the fans aren’t happy with. 

Their post on the situation has become the most downvoted thread in Reddit history.

A lot of that will be down to people jumping on to the trend of hating something popular, the same happened with No Mans Sky and that eventually turned out ok.

@Squirrel yeah, I saw that.  I really like the part where they say they will turn them on again at a later date.

If they’re gonna take them out, take them out. The game clearly doesn’t need them to function because they’re out now.  Why put them back at all? 

The micro transaction bubble is going to burst soon. Publishers may love it and the profits it brings but gamers hate them. Especially for a game costing $60. Either phase out microtransactions or reduce the the initial price you sell the game at. 

This is part of why I’m doing most of my gaming on the PC these days. The initial cost is cheaper and then the DLC is a fair price and optional. Plus the opportunity to mod the games mean I can get more content for free.