Your gaming setup

Squirrel

Here's mine:

Don't look at the mess :P

60" Sharp AQUOS TV (The 70" was best in test but could just afford this one)

Onkyo TX-SR608 Surround Receiver 

Speakers:

Front: 2 x Fence Audio FB2010B

Centre: Yamaha NS-C444

Back: 2 x Jamo something 

Acer ASPIRE Computer

Now if only we knew which football team you support :lol:

• Like 1

yFn5uY6.png

• 5 weeks later...

I'll post a pic once I've cleaned up, I probably won't clean up until the next time I have a date but in the meantime this is what I've got.

40" Toshiba HD TV, would have gone for bigger but wouldn't fit.

Onkyo TX-515 Receiver

Pioneer 5.1 speakers

Media server

PS4/PS3/PS2/Wii

Logitech DFGT Wheel & Stand

Kitchen with beer in the fridge within 2 metres of gaming position. Useful living in a tiny flat sometimes!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Been meaning to post in here for, well, ever. Its the only use that my super computer will get :P

Lets start in the lounge room. I usually play on my 55" TV, and I have connected up to it my PS3, PS4, and a nintendo wii. I always have my ipad next to me so i can be on the website while gaming.

Last year, after my laptops graphic card died, and you need to replace the whole motherboard to fix it which costs more than getting a new one, i decided to build my first computer. I have always wanted to, that and to learn to program because computers are the future and all.

All up I spent $2500 for everything (speakers, laptop, mouse, keyboard etc). The computer itself, without those accessories cost about $2000 in parts, but to buy a similarly priced computer pre built would be at least $3000-$3500.

So here are the specs:

intel i7 4770k 3.5ghz 8mb chache

noctua NH d14 cpu cooler

gigabyte z87xud3h mother board

samsung evo 250GB SSD

WD Black caviar 2tb HDD

MSI R9 270X 2GB Twin frozer GPU

Gskill Ripjaws-x 16GB Ram

corsair carbide 500r tower

corsair cs650 watt 80plus gold PSU

razer death stalker keyboard

Razer death adder mouse

27” LG IPS monitor

speakers creative gigaworks t20 s2

I intended to overclock it, but havent bothered to learn how yet. I also intended to use it as a gaming rig and got battlefield 4 with the graphics card, but I just cant get used to sitting down and find the console much more comfortable. My GF is into photography so she can use it to edit photos, and i may or may not dable in video editing. But overall, I obviously went well overboard and its mainly used to watch cat videos on the internet :P lol not really (cat videos), but its not used anywhere to what its capable of doing!

• Like 2

scottyb1988.jpg

PS3, PS4, Wii, WiiU and PC all connected to a Panasonic 46" TV and the PC is also used to stream media to my network and to some of my devices when outside my home network, the PC was the most expensive I payed ever

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case

Cooler Master Vanguard V1000W 80 Plus

2xCorsair Air Series 120mm PWM High Performance Edition pulling air in from the front of the case

2xb-Blaster 120 High performance 120mm fan pulling air in from the bottom of the case

NZXT 140mm High Speed fan pulling air out from the back

MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core CPU

Corsair Hydro Series H100i All-In-One 240mm pulling air from the top

4xCorsair Vengeance Pro 8GB DDR3 2400 MHz

Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SATA SSD

WD SE Black 4 TB

3xWD green 1TB drives from my old build

2xMSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 Gaming 4GB DDR5 Twin Frozer IV

I also bought some more stuff like a digital fan controller and a fan for the memory sticks, the build cost me around 1500€ last year and I hope it lasts me a couple of good years

Already had my Corsair H100i cooler die once, had to install the stock one from the processor and it was replaced, I hope it doesn't die again soon

Edited by grjkie
  • Like 1

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

C'mon guys.

You have these impressive lists of computer equipment, but none of you own a friggin' camera?  :D

We want pics.

• Like 2

PS3, PS4, Wii, WiiU and PC all connected to a Panasonic 46" TV and the PC is also used to stream media to my network and to some of my devices when outside my home network, the PC was the most expensive I payed ever

Cooler Master Storm Trooper case

Cooler Master Vanguard V1000W 80 Plus

2xCorsair Air Series 120mm PWM High Performance Edition pulling air in from the front of the case

2xb-Blaster 120 High performance 120mm fan pulling air in from the bottom of the case

NZXT 140mm High Speed fan pulling air out from the back

MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC Intel LGA1150 Z97 ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core CPU

Corsair Hydro Series H100i All-In-One 240mm pulling air from the top

4xCorsair Vengeance Pro 8GB DDR3 2400 MHz

Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SATA SSD

WD SE Black 4 TB

3xWD green 1TB drives from my old build

2xMSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 Gaming 4GB DDR5 Twin Frozer IV

I also bought some more stuff like a digital fan controller and a fan for the memory sticks, the build cost me around 1500€ last year and I hope it lasts me a couple of good years

Already had my Corsair H100i cooler die once, had to install the stock one from the processor and it was replaced, I hope it doesn't die again soon

Damn! That's good. What do you use it for?

C'mon guys.

You have these impressive lists of computer equipment, but none of you own a friggin' camera?  :D

We want pics.

I have pictures, not very good ones though but I don't really know how to load them up. Just trying to work out imgur now so if I do I might start spamming the site with photos :P

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Damn! That's good. What do you use it for?

Well, I use it for everything, as a media server, gaming, web development and I mainly wanted to build a fast one, I love how fast it handles everything I throw at it lol. Ms grjkie wanted to paint the living room pink and I said oh yeah? Fuck it I want a beast PC, she got her way I got mine lol

• Like 2

www.ishare4free.com

Please don't be offended, it's a small piece of my mind that I chose to expose...

I didn't buy all at once either, I finished it December last year but I think I started ordering parts in like August lol

www.ishare4free.com

the best i can do for now, the kids toys are kind of blocking access to the gaming consoles (kind of lol)

Next to both wiis are both ps's 

Edited by grjkie
  • Like 4

www.ishare4free.com

• 1 month later...

Been working on this for just over a year and it's coming together quite well. Most trouble I had was finding a desk suitable for the monitor mounts for less that £400. So, here is the Tiger's Den:

f1cyoPX.jpg

Cxb3TxO.jpg

Going to build a fairly decent PC over the next couple of months and get another, identical monitor to get in on the Eyefinity / Nvidia Surround action! :P

• Like 11

mine is a 55" Samsung Smart TV, a keyboard (the tv came with it), my iPad, and most of the time my laptop as well. I also have a blanket since the basement is freezing  :P

I was going to respond to the Pulse Elite question, but I just looked it up and I don't have them as I thought I did. I have this Sony set and it's perfect:

41byhoFVWxL._SY300_.jpg

I still don't know what model they are haha.

I was lucky enough to find one of these, brand new for $80 USD, at GameStop. For some reason they share the same name as the headsets without mics. Very confusing. But, they are pretty nice and comfy. :)

UberL33tPwner69_XDBX_Sig.png

This has been a long time in coming but I have finally cleaned up so can take pics of my set-up!

I was stood in my kitchen to take this picture so beer is within easy reach. My wheel and pedals are just behind the sofa.

C28CCD1A-CEC1-446D-89B9-5C3576059A90_zps

The actual set-up itself. 

40" TV, really need to get a bigger one but don't know if it will fit. Onkyo TX-515 amp with 7.1 surround sound. Box to the right of the table is my home built PC/Media Server. Everything goes through the amp.

Behind the TV are my PS4 and wii. 

E222BC92-25AA-4803-86DE-52E943DFFA1F_zps

You may have noticed a load of wires heading up the stairs. Thats all the networking required for my second set-up in the bedroom. I have my PS3 up there which is mainly used as a Blu-Ray player. The TV up there is also connected to the media server downstairs and I have a handy app on my phone which means I can control it from my bed.

You don't get a picture of my bedroom. Only special people get to see it!

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to eBay I now have a new(er) TV and a neater unit to put it on:

gaming1.jpg

It all got a bit hot in there so I've fitted a couple of 140mm fans (with blue LEDs of course  :lol: )

gaming2.jpg

• Like 6

@ Squirrel, how's that Onkyo? I'm on my 2nd one and it's fucked. First one lasted several years the the picture started to go bad, all the whites went pink. I figured it had to be the TV, how could a receiver possibly alter the colors?  Well it did and a new Onkyo receiver fixed that. Now this one will not pass audio through it. Out of warranty of course. Now it's just a fancy switch for TV input. Online search reveals this is common problem with this generation.

Never buying Onkyo again. I will try Denon next time

Not really had any issues with it, only time I ever had a problem is when I cranked it right up to test the power and I blew an older speaker and it tripped out into some kind of safety mode.

Sometimes have issues with my PC connecting to it but a quick reboot fixes that. It doesn't like windows 10 either, had to play around a lot to get my PC to recognise the amp.

• 1 month later...