Your gaming setup

Squirrel

53 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Been a quiet evening so decided to work on my plans for my set up again. I have a really strange shaped room, not much can be done with the chimney breast taking up the prime viewing spot. It needs to be able to accommodate gaming on a central main TV, films/TV on the same TV when I'm not gaming. The ability for dual screen PC gaming/work plus if I'm busy taking up one or two TV's I need to keep the woman happy so a third TV will be needed so she can either watch crappy girly TV or game on the PS3. 

I currently have two TV's setup but I think this will be the ideal solution plus I've even have room for friends :D 

589cf531033fb_LivingRoomPlans.thumb.JPG.afcf13baa2ae5f9b3332d388e69891f1.JPG

In the centre is a 43" inch TV, could make it a 46", any larger and would drown out either of the two 32" TV's on either side. On the right will be my PC, AV Receiver, Playstations etc. Underneath the TV's is a hollow shelf, can use that for cable runs and for supporting the centre speaker. Numerous satellite speakers will be around the room. 

Has anyone else got a multi-screen set up in their main living area? I know it's common for desktops but not really seen anything like what I'm planning to do. 

I have two TV's in my living room, side by side.  One primarily for GTA and the other to watch TV (mostly sporting events) while playing GTA.  I don't have a good picture right now but will upload later.  I was inspired to do this when visiting @Gobbledeez's IRL home and seeing his setup.  Never again will I have one TV in my living room.  Can't go back.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

• 1 year later...

Bit of a progress update on the set-up.

UqOnOcg.jpg

xVyy0ZL.jpg

Still need to paint some of the cabinets and should really clean up before taking pictures but I'm gaming in comfort now with plenty of geeky stuff, you can tell I don't have a cat!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It’s always good to show off your little corner of happiness where you get to escape from the world and game. 

As I’m currently living alone I get to do what I want in terms of my gaming area. 

I keep moving things around but I think I’m almost set up now for gaming alone and the rare occasions when I’m feeling social. 

ZBoxfsj.jpg

I keep complaining that I’m sat too far from my TV and now you can see why. I’m going to have to invest in a gaming chair I can stick in the middle of the room. 

Its tricky finding the balance between sitting the ideal distance from your TV and having room to play VR. 

Py31XSr.jpg

This is my actual gaming rig. Sony 49” 4k TV, PC, home cinema system. My consoles are actually hidden behind the smaller TV which I use for accesing my PC while on the PS4. Most PC gaming can be done on the large tv

AYS2Qcf.jpg

Deadpool looks after my VR headset and audio headset when I’m not using them. There’s also a Predator to stop people messing around with the internals of my PC. 

Edited by Squirrel
Updates with more pics.
  • Like 4

Just now, JuniorChubb said:

Nice Squirrel, first time I have seen the set up as a whole as I have just seen snippets up to now.

There’s one or two star wars related bits dotted about. 

Look fantastic idea. Currently my little corner of heaven is a complete and utter sh*t hole. 

I shall post a pic over the weekend once it's sorted properly.

• Like 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

I would post pics but my spot is one our wreck of a back porch. I've spent little time out there in the last few weeks, been far to cold for my space heater to get the job done.

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Ok, so found this pic from ages ago on imgur. Its from when I'd freshly tidied out my dining room and put my new desk in. Safe to say the desk is now covered in all sorts of bits and bobs. But I do have the addition of my glass skull to keep my headset on, I'll try and sort it out this weekend for a proper picture.

fezjfXa.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

I was gonna say ‘someone’s had a tidy up’ then I read the post 😂

I'll post a before pic don't worry, our dining room tends to become a dumping ground. 'outta sight outta mind' kind of thing

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Thought o would play nice and share too... It a bit dull today though.

Nice TV! I thought we matched for a minute but the stands slightly different to mine. 

18 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Nice TV! I thought we matched for a minute but the stands slightly different to mine. 

Cheers Squirel 👍

My sofa is to far away too so I sit on the floor or on a bean bag.

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

9 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Cheers Squirel 👍

My sofa is to far away too so I sit on the floor or on a bean bag.

Exactly why I use a  desk. perfect viewing

@Lann those bars are worrying, are you currently serving time?

@nkaujrog Catman is right about that home screen, I didn’t realise you could group app’s. I might have to give it a go.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

14 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

@Lann those bars are worrying, are you currently serving time?

I think they’re there for his own protection against his kids. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

@nkaujrog Catman is right about that home screen, I didn’t realise you could group app’s. I might have to give it a go.

I got it from my younger brother. It helps eliminate sliding all the way across the screen to get to other apps. LOL.

This post inspired me to clean up, thanks @Squirrel 😄

XJIIv10.jpg

It's hard to get a pic of the PC because that corner of the room is so dark

zc9fQuZ.jpg

We both have these chairs, I used to sit on the bed and my back would get pretty sore so they have definitely been worth the money.

BfPaPVi.jpg

• Like 3