Your gaming setup

Squirrel

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having difficulties in planning my new gaming set-up. I thought having more space would mean it would be easier. My living room is quite an awkward shape, there's a large chimney breast taking up the prime location for a TV unit, the sofa I was planning to get won't fit so having to look at alternatives. 

I can either go for the ideal set-up for gaming but waste a lot of the floor space or compromise on the ideal gaming position to maximise the space available. I've also got to consider the spacing of the surround speakers too. Tough dilemma! 

Done a quick layout of my room and potential layouts, I already have one sofa and I am planning to buy a second soon, I will finally be able to invite more than one friend over then!

LIVING%20ROOM-Layout1_zpsc7timly9.jpg

20151105_150518%201_zps7zwm7gvx.jpg

Here's my setup. Hisense 57" tele connected to the ps4 and PC. The PC is crap, sold my gaming tower back in June. Razer headset, which I love! Phillips Surround sound system w/blu-ray. On the left is a 42" tele that had the PS3 on it, before it took a shit on me. Second PS3 in a few months to crap out... not getting another. Ah yes, and my PINK mouse there on the desk! 

This is also my living room setup. :) 

• Like 1

20151105_150518%201_zps7zwm7gvx.jpg

Here's my setup. Hisense 57" tele connected to the ps4 and PC. The PC is crap, sold my gaming tower back in June. Razer headset, which I love! Phillips Surround sound system w/blu-ray. On the left is a 42" tele that had the PS3 on it, before it took a shit on me. Second PS3 in a few months to crap out... not getting another. Ah yes, and my PINK mouse there on the desk! 

This is also my living room setup. :)

Very nice! And I see you like to enjoy a little food while gaming as well. ;)

Edited by omarcomin71

Very nice! And I see you like to enjoy a little food while gaming as well. ;)

I see no food there lol. I do enjoy a snack in between games, but not usually while I play.

I see no food there lol. I do enjoy a snack in between games, but not usually while I play.

Looks to me like there's a bowl of oatmeal sitting there.

Nope lol. The white thing is my cigarette ash tray. Then there's my green Razer headset wrapped around a scented candle to the left.

• Like 1

Flat screen tv mounted to the wall in my bedroom with my console and games resting on a foldable table. Recently my game setup changed as I got a wooden desk where I can sneak my console in a managble compartment on the left. However that makes it a little difficult for me to see the tv since its mounted close to the ceiling and I'm used to standing.

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

• 2 weeks later...

Just moved into our new place on thursday. I'm still piecing it all together and it will take weeks to get everything set, but I'm so happy to have the room to create my own dream setup. I've got some big plans for this room. So once I get all the seating and storage in I'll be working on acoustics and cable management (its BAD right now). Next I need to upgrade the MOBO and CPU on the tower and look into two monitors to be placed where the bookshelf speakers are now on the tv stand. One monitor for the tower and the other for the laptop. Some nice decorative finishing touches and a couple Hue LED light strips and I'll have a baseline for mission control.

Current setup:

Bottlenecked custom PC

Sony Vaio Laptop

Pioneer and Polk mix matched 5.1

PS4

Vizio 42' 1080

Ipad for game referencing

Jungle Green N64 with Goldeneye locked down

Hue Lights and Hue Tap

20151114_202451_zpskxnht7ie.jpg

20151114_202318_zpsabyzpici.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

@ Squirrel, how's that Onkyo? I'm on my 2nd one and it's fucked. First one lasted several years the the picture started to go bad, all the whites went pink. I figured it had to be the TV, how could a receiver possibly alter the colors?  Well it did and a new Onkyo receiver fixed that. Now this one will not pass audio through it. Out of warranty of course. Now it's just a fancy switch for TV input. Online search reveals this is common problem with this generation.

Never buying Onkyo again. I will try Denon next time

Funny how you mentioned this but I've just started having issues with my Onky now. Did a quick google and found this: https://www.avforums.com/threads/onkyo-tx-nr515-no-sound.1891415/

My model is one with a defective board so I'm now sending it off for a free repair. Worth checking out to see if you can do the same

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I want your house Lann !

Not just for the gaming setup but it looks very nice.

Seems big, white, without too many furniture, I love it. :)

Thanks Fido, big family.

• Like 1

Built the computer and hooked up the third monitor! :D 

OOFhApf.jpg

You can't appreciate how immersive it is until you sit in the chair. I played Dirt spanning across the three screens and it was an incredible experience. 

I couldn't resist this LED lighting either:

E41HCN4.jpg

There are so many different colours available. I usually have them white when I'm working on university work, blue for general stuff and red for GTA. 

I'd like to say my setup is finished but I'll probably be upgrading the computer for the rest of my life!

*** Obligatory statement about my new years resolution being 5760 x 1080 ***

• Like 12

So, I've been a little busy on my basement remodel these last few months. I've gone from this awesome rig:

aUZs7U3.png

To this!

7sozAqO.jpg

Finally finished up all of the framing and electrical/audio wiring. I picked up a new TV after Thanksgiving and just got the new tv stand. There is an electric heater insert that goes in the middle of the stand but I had to order some new fireglass for it so will install it in a few days. The room is still a work in progress and will be getting some drywall and carpeting in the summer followed by some proper furniture. The worst thing is that there is an xbox that has taken place of a new PS4 :(.

• Like 5

kQ4fIRp.png

• 6 months later...

Changed my setup again, had to add some new fans at the back of the unit to keep it all cool (there's a little controller you might be able to make out at the front). I could have just cut the whole of the back of the unit out, but I find with the unit fans running the console fan hardly runs at all so there is less background noise. The laser printer is a temporary addition :lol:

gamesetup.jpg

• Like 5

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 11:19 AM, silenttigercd said:

Built the computer and hooked up the third monitor! :D 

OOFhApf.jpg

Are those height adjustable vesa monitor mounts and can it pivot up. down, left and right?

4 hours ago, Smurf said:

Are those height adjustable vesa monitor mounts and can it pivot up. down, left and right?

They are, although that's as high as they go, I would prefer them slightly higher. They pivot, rotate and extend. 

This is the model:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B001BSDVW4/ref=mp_s_a_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1470952049&sr=8-7&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Monitor+mount&dpPl=1&dpID=318b57JQPoL&ref=plSrch

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Been a quiet evening so decided to work on my plans for my set up again. I have a really strange shaped room, not much can be done with the chimney breast taking up the prime viewing spot. It needs to be able to accommodate gaming on a central main TV, films/TV on the same TV when I'm not gaming. The ability for dual screen PC gaming/work plus if I'm busy taking up one or two TV's I need to keep the woman happy so a third TV will be needed so she can either watch crappy girly TV or game on the PS3. 

I currently have two TV's setup but I think this will be the ideal solution plus I've even have room for friends :D 

589cf531033fb_LivingRoomPlans.thumb.JPG.afcf13baa2ae5f9b3332d388e69891f1.JPG

In the centre is a 43" inch TV, could make it a 46", any larger and would drown out either of the two 32" TV's on either side. On the right will be my PC, AV Receiver, Playstations etc. Underneath the TV's is a hollow shelf, can use that for cable runs and for supporting the centre speaker. Numerous satellite speakers will be around the room. 

Has anyone else got a multi-screen set up in their main living area? I know it's common for desktops but not really seen anything like what I'm planning to do. 

• Like 4