PS5 Official Hardware Details

JustHatched

I'll be getting the disc version assuming the backwards compatibility applies to PS4 discs, most of my games are physical copies. I haven't watched the showcase yet but God of War: Ragnarok, AC: Valhalla, Far Cry 6, Cyberpunk 2077, Horizon Forbidden West and Hogwarts Legacy I am beyond excited 😄

Pre orders were a huge mess last night. They weren’t supposed to start until today but GameStop started early and once others found out the greed machine took over and everyone joined. Most didn’t even have their websites updated to even take the orders so they rushed it. Chaos ensued and lots of websites crashed. At one point the GameStop site activated its DDOS protection, lol.

• Haha 1

Haven't switched to digital gaming yet (I like my disc box) so will get the disc version but not immediately. I'll wait for a price drop or an interesting bundle. 

Has R* already explained how GTA Online will work once PS5 is out?

I'm assuming that until they release a PS5 specific super duper enhanced & expanded version, we'll all still be in theory on the same platform? Those on PS5 just using the backwards compatability but still playing a PS4 version of the game?

If so, I'm in no rush. When are they supposed to release the new expanded GTA Online for PS5?

22 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Has R* already explained how GTA Online will work once PS5 is out?

I'm assuming that until they release a PS5 specific super duper enhanced & expanded version, we'll all still be in theory on the same platform? Those on PS5 just using the backwards compatability but still playing a PS4 version of the game?

If so, I'm in no rush. When are they supposed to release the new expanded GTA Online for PS5?

2nd half of 2012, but this is R*, delays are possible.

Not sure if we can play PS4 GTA on PS5, f*cking hope so!

2 hours ago, DavidCore89 said:

2nd half of 2012, but this is R*, delays are possible.

Not sure if we can play PS4 GTA on PS5, f*cking hope so!

You should be able too, unless you own the disc version of the game and buy a digital console.  Then you’ll need to rebuy it.  If you have GTA digitally you should be able to download it from the store.  

• Like 2

Still waiting for the official prices here but looks good so far. Pleasantly surprised. 

Gonna go with the digital version since technology has made me so lazy that switching discs is too much of a hassle anyway.

It's actually not a bad bunch of launch titles but other than Spider-Man: Miles Morales, which is not even a full game, there's not really much tempting me. So I'll most likely wait for Sony to fix the usually issues or God of War: Ragnarok. Whichever comes first.

At 9PM ET, WALMART put more systems online and they sold out in less than a minute.

The new NVIDIA card released today and sold out in minutes as well.

It's very hard to out buy a bot. The cards are popping up all over eBay for insane markups.

I’ll pick it up but probably not at launch. I don’t know what kind of bonus I’ll be getting this year or if I’ll get one at all and already got some big purchases lined up. 

Until something comes along that I particularly want to play I'll be holding back.

After a number of years of being a hold out on discs I have changed opinion slightly with having the the PS4 and it feels like a chore to have to switch a disc, which is odd considering when I first started gaming I had to sit and wait up to 30 minutes for something to load from tape!

But the main thing that pisses me off with the digital is that the prices on PS Store are always more than the disc version. 

As quite a lot of games are basically just a database update, I'm looking at you Mr EA Sports Franchise, or very minimally changed from game to game I like the option of being able to pick up a second hand or discounted copy of something when it's a few years old.

I really like the Assassin's Creed games for instance, I know they are essentially the same game in a new world but I find them quite relaxing sometimes to just wander around collecting things in and to switch off. But they definitely aren't worth £65 as a new release for digital. Currently running about 3 games behind on them and just pick them up for £10 to £15 when they come out.

9 hours ago, Sinister said:

The new NVIDIA card released today and sold out The cards are popping up all over eBay for insane markups.

With a $10k - 70k profit margin, well depending on the price you set or the bidding minimum, I'd have the bots working too if I were in the States. Thats a potential life changer for little work. AMD Rizen3 is next month so it will be the same and on a yearly basis opt in.

Didn't know digital was more expensive than disc. I thought it was the other way around. Definitely getting the disc version then, even if digital is prettier without that big bulge for the disc reader. 

1 hour ago, Smurf said:

With a $10k - 70k profit margin, well depending on the price you set or the bidding minimum, I'd have the bots working too if I were in the States. Thats a potential life changer for little work. AMD Rizen3 is next month so it will be the same and on a yearly basis opt in.

Yeah they were lame for not securing the launch from Order Bots. I hate that people do that. I mean, what if we worked hard all summer so we could buy a PS5 and on launch day they are all bought and we can get one but now have to pay $1,500 for it. I really hate the people on this planet. 

• Like 2

I wonder if they will do an optional external disc add on in the future for those who want to use discs but originally went for the digital version. I can definitely see Xbox doing this. 

@Con Yeah! They want you to fight it out on Any Given Black Friday, they won't fix money being thrown at them tbh.

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

I wonder if they will do an optional external disc add.

I believe they will through the usb type c or usb 3.0 port. 

Expecting a cheap streaming device with or with out a controller for Xbox Xcloud specific gaming to grow their subscription base.

• Like 1

Nothing come out at launch the screams BUY ME so if I ever buy one it will be later next year. 

Took me a year to get a 4 after my early model 2 and 3 both died soon after the warranty was up. 

• Like 3

I've decided I won't be a day one buyer, thought I would but changed my mind. I'll probably get one mid spring 2021.

No launch games appeal to me, certianly a rehash of GTAV from PS3 to PS5 isn't gonna get me to buy, had it been GTA6 coming out then yeah, I would have been day one but I suppose its better this way, let R* figure out how to push the PS5 to it limits.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I've never pre-ordered a console. I probably wont here. I live in a heavily populated tri-state area. Over the years I have never had an issue looking for a console. I dont anticipate that happening with the PS5, so I wont pre-order as Im confident I will be able to find one in the many hundreds if not thousands of stores near me. I have not looked into the games being released because I still have PS4 titles to play and finish. I will buy the PS5 within days of its release because I think games I have ignored like No Man's Sky will look even more amazing on the new console. 

Is it safe to assume that this will be like the PS3 to PS4 transition, where people still on PS4 will not be able to play with the PS5 people?

56 minutes ago, Con said:

Is it safe to assume that this will be like the PS3 to PS4 transition, where people still on PS4 will not be able to play with the PS5 people?

Nope!  Cross-generational play is a thing with PS4/PS5.  When I get my PS5 I'll be able to download GTA because I own it digitally, and still play with you guys!  Just don't get jealous of my insane load times 😛 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Nope!  Cross-generational play is a thing with PS4/PS5.  When I get my PS5 I'll be able to download GTA because I own it digitally, and still play with you guys!  Just don't get jealous of my insane load times 😛 

Hmmmm faster loading times? Let me preorder that mfer right now. Lmao. I forgot all about that. 

• Haha 1

A key selling point of the next-gen PlayStation and Xbox consoles can't be used on the vast majority of TVs!

Beyond producing 4K-resolution visuals at 120 Hz, TVs that fully support the next-gen consoles also need a new type of HDMI port to handle all that data: HDMI 2.1

So if you don't have that type of Port it's not going to be the best even though you have the screen resolution and refresh rate

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!