PS5 Official Hardware Details

JustHatched

16 hours ago, Smurf said:

In what aspect? Is there a article or video link that you can attach.

Lots of different reports on the subject.

Just Google "developers are saying the PS5 is proving to be more powerful "

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

Doing that search gave me a couple of You Tube videos to watch but I despise You Tubers and they are well known for being full of sh*t and just regurgitating info and rumors they have heard elsewhere. It also gave me a couple of pages with people saying they have been told by developers that the PS5 is more powerful.

Take it all with a massive grain of salt because folks will say anything to smack talk the console they don't like.

We won't know anything about the true power of either console until we see some real gameplay footage and hands on demos. Until then the rumor mill will just keep doing what it does 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sinister said:

Take it all with a massive grain of salt because folks will say anything to smack talk the console they don't like.

We won't know anything about the true power of either console until we see some real gameplay footage and hands on demos. Until then the rumor mill will just keep doing what it does 🙂

Pretty much this, but even if XB is overall better than a PS5 I will stick with the PS5. I have been PS from the start, not gonna change now. Besides, if I were real into the most power I could get I would go to a PC which I don't wanna do, I am happy with Sony, always have been and it would take something real special to get me to switch it up.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

29 minutes ago, JustHatched said:

Pretty much this, but even if XB is overall better than a PS5 I will stick with the PS5. I have been PS from the start, not gonna change now. Besides, if I were real into the most power I could get I would go to a PC which I don't wanna do, I am happy with Sony, always have been and it would take something real special to get me to switch it up.

Same here because right now the best Xbox console is much better than the PS4 Pro, especially with RDR2. I would still grab a PS5 regardless, hence my comment in an earlier reply 🙂  I have been with them since 1997.

Besides I can play the few Xbox games that I like on my PC and have more power than their console will anyways.

• 1 month later...

Epic have also mentioned cross-generation gaming too with Fortnite being available from launch and being able to play with PS4, Switch PC etc.

A really good sign that many other games will be cross platform too, hopefully GTA6 too.

@LimeGreenLegend, just finished watching it... wow! Imagine that in VR!

• Like 1

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

@JuniorChubb maybe GTA 6 crossplatform, but for a small fee lol. The tech is impressive but much more suited for exclusive games because of parity, so a game might be ready for ps5 while still being developed on Xbox x**. Hopefully xbox has something similar.

35 minutes ago, Smurf said:

for a small fee lol

Careful... they may not have thought of that yet.

As for Xbox, not got a clue what they have lined up but should be on a similar path as Epic will want their fingers in all the pies.

• Haha 1

Looks good. About time consoles caught up with PC ;) Of course it won't last long. Really excited to see the next wave of GPUs.

New Xbox has an upcoming horror game called The Medium. Made by the devs that gave us the not so scary Blair Witch game. Trailer looks cool though and the soundtrack was done by the people that did the Silent Hill games and hearing the music in the trailer brought back a lot of memories. God I miss Silent Hill.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

😕 PS5 currently having a 50% fail rate in the manufacturing of the SOC Chip this is no bueno, what about the chips that made it are they going to last?

That's why I'm never an advocate of buying new tech whenever they launch, hopefully in the usual 6 months hardware sku update, they will have a more efficient one from a worthy manufacturer. PS5 production was cut by $4mill because of this.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smurf said:

That's why I'm never an advocate of buying new tech whenever they launch,

Completely agree with this advice... unfortunately excitement, lack of patience and curiosity mean I rarely follow the advice.

13 minutes ago, Lann said:

Price to be presented in about 6 hours?

Maybe. Sony claims its a showcase for some of the new games they are releasing. I hope im not too busy when it starts. 

My PS5 Price Guess: $545 

Edited by Con

1 hour ago, Con said:

My PS5 Price Guess: $545 

$400 for the discless version & $500 for the other. I hope both are $50 cheaper. I believe they have a event on the 18th as well.

5 hours ago, Con said:

Forgot about the discless one. 

$545  No Disc

$499  w/Disc 

this is in English pounds, £360 no disc, £450 w/ disc.  Very aggressive pricing.

Just checked US prices, $499 with disc, $399 without.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 1

Wow, that is a steal, did not expect to see them this low. A disc version is useless to me.

19 hours ago, Smurf said:

😕 PS5 currently having a 50% fail rate in the manufacturing of the SOC Chip this is no bueno, what about the chips that made it are they going to last?

That's why I'm never an advocate of buying new tech whenever they launch, hopefully in the usual 6 months hardware sku update, they will have a more efficient one from a worthy manufacturer. PS5 production was cut by $4mill because of this.

SONY says that rumor is complete BS.

https://www.androidcentral.com/ps5-production-reportedly-cut-4-million-units#:~:text=Bloomberg further reports this issue,speeds for its processing power.

• Like 2

I saw this as well. Low production yields would have pushed up production cost of the console significantly, which turns out not to be the case at the stated low released prices.  

Buying the disc version is a sort of diminishing return imo. I would just be getting it to buy bargain bin ps4 games that might not even add up to paying an extra $100, while PS Store game sales overtime will knock them out one by one, or risk buying a psn account on ebay with the game on it.

4 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Pre order has been made. Daughter really wants one so the Xmas present is done. Could only get a disc version to go through though. 

Let me change the version I want then. I will take whatever is available. lol.