• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• djw180

• Crawford1872

On 3/7/2017 at 9:52 AM, Fido_le_muet said:

Made a note of all the main events in the movies that could potentialy be made into jobs. In Yellow are already existing jobs :

aqwvcEj.jpg

Thanks for this !! You are a genius! 

• Like 1

I've been thinking a bit more about my idea that was going to be an enclosed area deathmatch and turning this into something based on the imperial attack on the rebel base on Hoth, once they have broken through into the ice tunnels.

First of all I'll probably do this as a capture so that each team always re-spawns in their own start positions rather than all over the map. That should give it more of a feel for what it's portraying.

2 teams

Completely enclosed area with roof not much more than head height. Made out of white stunt props.

Intersecting stunt tubes used to make a maze-like warren of the ice passages.

Could be done as a genuine capture raid, single capture object for each team is in the other team's base, get it back to your own to score a point.

Or it could be a capture in name only, with capture objects placed a very long way away so that in the time limit you don't bother trying to capture them and play it as a death match decided on kills at the end.

LTS is another option but I'd prefer everyone to stay involved untill the time's up.

Weapons, nothing too powerful, pistols and SMGs? Certainly no explosives or tear gas, those + stunt props = lag.

Edited by djw180
  • Like 2

Nice idea. I found a Hoth Deathmatch made by the same creator as the Kamino one we tried last night. If that is as well made then we could have a TDM on the surface followed by your capture in the tunnels. 

Just going to do a breakdown of the Star Wars jobs I found and thoughts after testing a few.

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, djw180 said:

Completely enclosed area with roof not much more than head height. Made out of white stunt props.

Good idea but I'm concerned about camera if the roof is too low ? Won't that cause issue ?

If you lock it to 1st person it should be fine though.

@Squirrel : When do you want to do this aka should I hurry my ass up ? :D

Edited by Fido_le_muet

6 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

@Squirrel : When do you want to do this aka should I hurry my ass up ? :D

I'm planning on hosting this for the 1st of May in my Monday Madness slot although if @grjkie is willing to donate his Thursday evening slot we could host it on May the 4th :D

• Like 2

This looks like great fun :)

I notice the Cloud City DM was available in the OP.

Could I get a few details on what is expected from it, time frame and any other info that would help me decide if its something I could offer to create. I am quite competent in creator but I rarely stray from race based jobs.

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

33 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

This looks like great fun :)

I notice the Cloud City DM was available in the OP.

Could I get a few details on what is expected from it, time frame and any other info that would help me decide if its something I could offer to create. I am quite competent in creator but I rarely stray from race based jobs.

We are accepting crew and non crew creations for this so anyone is welcome to make a job, I'll be selecting the best 12 for this event. A lot of the jobs from last years playlist still get used on a regular basis in non star wars playlists too. 

The cloud city DM will be based on the capture & freezing of Han Solo from Empire Strikes Back plus the pivotal plot twist between Vader and Luke. It could either be a straight shooting fight between Rebels and Stormtroopers throughout the city or a more intimate lightsaber (baseball bats) melee combat job. It's down to the creator and their imagination for what to do for it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Good idea but I'm concerned about camera if the roof is too low ? Won't that cause issue ?

If you lock it to 1st person it should be fine though.

Made a quick version and in the creator test there was no issue with camera angle. It will be trail and error to find the right roof height but easy to change. Also found that whilst you can clearly see enemies through stunt tubes you can't shoot them.

Provisional name for this " It's Hoth Inside"

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Squirrel said:

We are accepting crew and non crew creations for this so anyone is welcome to make a job, I'll be selecting the best 12 for this event. A lot of the jobs from last years playlist still get used on a regular basis in non star wars playlists too. 

The cloud city DM will be based on the capture & freezing of Han Solo from Empire Strikes Back plus the pivotal plot twist between Vader and Luke. It could either be a straight shooting fight between Rebels and Stormtroopers throughout the city or a more intimate lightsaber (baseball bats) melee combat job. It's down to the creator and their imagination for what to do for it. 

Sounds good, Slave 1 as base one, the Falcon as base 2 maybe...  straight BM would be cool to.

Picking the best of the bunch is a good to, no pressure to use every job every person has created. I might have a stab at something, it will snuggle in nicely alongside my few hundred 'Work in Progress' projects.

Do you run test sessions? I am not overly experienced with getting the balance right in captures and DM's. A nice session with a few players is always good when testing new ideas.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

Do you run test sessions? I am not overly experienced with getting the balance right in captures and DM's. A nice session with a few players is always good when testing new ideas.

We have a lot of talented creators who always need jobs testing. We usually tend to test new jobs after playlists, mainly racing but good to test TDM's etc. Theres a few public events open to all site members, keep an eye on the calendar and timer on the main page and see what's available, if you need something testing we'll be able to help. 

7 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

We have a lot of talented creators who always need jobs testing. We usually tend to test new jobs after playlists, mainly racing but good to test TDM's etc. Theres a few public events open to all site members, keep an eye on the calendar and timer on the main page and see what's available, if you need something testing we'll be able to help. 

Cool.

Its nice to have some fresh inspiration. I have been in a bit a creator rut recently. I have plenty of jobs to cover the events I host so I have occasionally fired up creator and just been lost as to what to create. This has got me thinking and planning already.

I am thinking either capture or team DM with the carbon chamber int he centre and start points on platforms at opposite ends of the map with walkways to reach them... once my CotC practice is done creator here I come!!!

• Like 4

We just tested  It's Hoth Out There and it doesn't work at all. You re-spawn outside of the stunt-prop base structure I made. Same for both teams. I hope that means it's just a problem with captures not working on stunt props, and I'll re-try this as a TDM. I know they work on stunt props.

Edited by djw180

36 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Did you make sure the entire spawn bubble was inside the arena? Even if there's just a little bit of it outside, it'll usually spawn you somewhere else.

Yes, they were all well inside. Captures often have issues, boats spawning on land, helicopters on fire, returning captue vehicles not registering, etc. I could delete the respawns and place them again and  it might work. But I think making it a TDM will be safer.

Edited by djw180

I had that respawn issue with a capture I made inisde LSIA... The respawns were on stunt props that lay flat on the ground inside the airport. When I respwaned it ignored them and put me in the generic oustide of LSIA spawn spot.

I forgot all about it until now. I am in the middle of a capture based in the sky and am a little worried about the time put in vs the result.

I am also thinking TDM now if captures are gonna let me down, gonna try Google first though see if there is a workaround.

• Like 1

On 10/03/2017 at 11:25 PM, djw180 said:

We just tested  It's Hoth Out There and it doesn't work at all. You re-spawn outside of the stunt-prop base structure I made. Same for both teams. I hope that means it's just a problem with captures not working on stunt props, and I'll re-try this as a TDM. I know they work on stunt props.

I have found a work around for my spawning issues. Not sure if it will apply to your creation but thought I would post it anyway.

I wanted the players to spawn on a landing target platform in the air but the respawn sphere went well below it so I placed a large building block platform below the landing target just underneath the respeawn sphere to 'catch' any players who might fall through the landing target or spawn underneath it.

Luckily enough this is exactly what happened, my player respawned on the building blocks designed to 'catch' respawners.

I will try this technique on my Capture in LSIA to see if it fixes it too. Also I can post pics if the explanation above was a little dodgy. 

• Like 1

For that to apply to DJ's capture he will need a couple of larger Hanger type areas.

As an alternative I'm just thinking of the original Battlefront Hoth map, would it be possible to have one respawn in a hanger partially open to the outside at one end with a command post with tunnel entrance at the other end of the map. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Squirrel said:

For that to apply to DJ's capture he will need a couple of larger Hanger type areas.

As an alternative I'm just thinking of the original Battlefront Hoth map, would it be possible to have one respawn in a hanger partially open to the outside at one end with a command post with tunnel entrance at the other end of the map. 

I've re-done it as a TDM. It's ready to test whenever there's a few of us around. Not the final version, extra decorative props can be added, re-spawns moved, more / less weapons etc. and some tidying up of the joins between the props can all be done after others have seen the basic version and commented.

I do remember once trying to do a job in one of the hangars as the airport and I wasn't allowed couldn't place things in them.

• Like 1

I have just tested a couple of things in the creator, at LS Int Airport. Using two hangars, as the bases with the capture base, capture bag, re-spawn area and start points. The Hangar closest to the main entrance, Devin Weston's hangar, is a "restricted area". I can place the respawn area and the capture base in there but not start points nor the capture object. The other hangar, the one where the Titan is in  "A Titan of a Job", is not restricted.

So I'll have a go with these hangars and for team 1 the start points and capture bag will have to be just outside the hangar. I'll make a maze of tunnels connecting the two. Then at some point we need to have a go at the TDM and the Raid and see which has the most potential.

Just an update and a quick question or two...

My Capture is going pretty well. A previous test showed a workaround for spawning issues so I continued, fingers crossed it will work once complete. I have had to leave out the Falcon and Slave1 one though :( I saved enough props to give them a go but with limited props at the end of the build their quality was so low (get it) I had to scrap them and just go with empty landing pads. The upside on this was 40 extra props to play around with to make the rest of the job more atmospheric.

So I am now on weapon choice and placement. Personally I do not want automatic weapons as IIRC there is nothing with the firing rate of and SMG used on Bespin in the OT, so I was thinking one of the more modern shotguns... any suggestions?

I was also considering a sniper rifle hidden 'round the back' for each team if you know what I mean? Could this possibly upset the balance of the job? I was hoping it would improve things by opening different lines of attack.

Lastly the amounts of weapons. One of my biggest GTA combat gripes is running out of weapons, my preference is plenty of pick  ups but mainly around the spawn points. Would this be preferable over pick ups scattered all over them map?

Sorry for what may be 'simple' questions but its not very often I build combat jobs, I am hoping to save a lot of trial an error. :)

Edited by JuniorChubb
I cannot read or write!
  • Like 3

My TDM has had a test run as seems to work, needs another go with more people. The stunt tubes are quite big, so plenty of space. Doesn't feel as cramped as it maybe should be, but we have to go with the props we have.

Not really got anywhere with the capture based in 2 hangars yet. For that I am trying without using stunt tubes, so raised stunt tracks and stunt platforms used to make the tunnels.