XDBX WARS 2 (Creations needed)

Squirrel

An old Man in a battered robe is seated next to a young adult male, between them a battle damaged Astrodroid projects a holographic image of a young woman dressed in white appealling for help...

XDBX Creators. Years ago you served the crew in the XDBX Wars. Now we beg you to help us again in our struggle against the Empire. I regret that I am unable to convey the crews request to you in person, but my ship has fallen under attack, and I'm afraid my mission to bring you to Alderaan has failed. We will be needing new creations based on the recent films plus updated versions of the previous jobs made with the new props. If you would like to make a new job and can complete it before May please comment below .

This is our most desperate hour.

Help us, XDBX Creators. You're our only hope.

@Fido_le_muet @Protocawl @Lann @Skorpion You guys created jobs for the original run through of this event, @adsyfindlay I know you already have something special in the works for this. Are you interested in creating new jobs or revising old ones before May for the sequel event? I'm planning on hosting 12 jobs, these can be inspired by any of the 9 Star Wars films currently released

This creation event is also open to new creators.

May the force be with you.

Job ideas so far:

• Death Star Assault (Adsy & DJ)
  • New Raptor based Pod Race (Ally)
  • Cloud City TDM
  • Zam Wessel Chase
  • Tantive IV TDM (Squirrel)
  • Echo Base TDM (Squirrel)
  • Endor Speeder Bike Chase (Lann)
  • Gungan River Escape (Fido)
  • Jedi vs Sith [2 jobs](Fido)
Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 5

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• djw180

• Crawford1872

Some kind of ridiculous pod race in the desert sandy shores (three wheeler?) maybe, something inspired by the planet with two suns make I shall

... another idea, now we have the stunt props for combat jobs we could make like a cloud city type gig up in the sky

Edited by Crawford1872
  • Like 4

Not making any promises, this may be too abitious for me. But I'm thinking about re-creating the attack on the first death star as a capture, having to fly down a trench to deliver a package. It may be too difficult to get this balanced. It wouldn't really be a capture. The Empire side would aim to stop the rebels delivering their package and then win on kill count. So rebels have jets and I guess one of them would pick up a package and bail out to deliver it. The Empire have static technicals / insurgents for defence and some jets.

That's my initial thoughts. Does it sound do-able?

Edited by djw180
  • Like 1

Just now, djw180 said:

Not making any promises, this may be too abitious for me. But I'm thinking about re-creating the attack on the first death star as a capture, having to fly down a trench to deliver a package. It may be too difficult to get this balanced. It wouldn't really be a capture. The Empire side would aim to stop the rebels delivering their package and then win on kill count. So rebels have jets and I guess one of them would pick up a package and bail out to deliver it. The Empire have static technicals / insurgents for defenceg and some jets.

That's my initial thoughts. Does it sound do-able?

This is similar to what Adsy is attempting to create. I'm pretty sure he will need some assistance with it in terms of testing and set up ideas. I'm hoping to use a job like this for the playlist finale. 

4 minutes ago, zmurko said:

I would need to watch some Star Wars movies first to see what's this all about. Are they any good?

:o 

I think you might be able to find out something about Star Wars if you google it, not sure if there's that many articles online about it though.

I also had a Death Star trench job in mind :lol:

Maybe there's a Scarif themed DM we could come up with.

@Squirrel, you mentionned 9 SW movies but I only count 8 releases so far. WHAT HAVE I MISSED ???? :VOMIT:

• Like 1

Just now, Fido_le_muet said:

I also had a Death Star trench job in mind :lol:

Maybe there's a Scarif themed DM we could come up with.

@Squirrel, you mentionned 9 SW movies but I only count 8 releases so far. WHAT HAVE I MISSED ???? :VOMIT:

Clone Wars animated film set between episodes 2 and 3 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars:_The_Clone_Wars_(film)

1 minute ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I figured you were talking about this one but it doesn't count in my book as it was a prequel to the TV show :P

BTW do you watch Rebels ? It is awesome !

It falls into the same category as Rogue One and the new Han Solo film, might not be a main saga film but its a film set in the same universe showing some of the origin of characters.

Not seen Rebels but will give it a go.

7 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

It falls into the same category as Rogue One and the new Han Solo film, might not be a main saga film but its a film set in the same universe showing some of the origin of characters.

Not seen Rebels but will give it a go.

If you watched Clone Wars and liked it, you will love Rebels. It goes even deeper in the mythos and some very big events happen in the show. Don't wanna spoil it but there are some huge Death Star and Rebellion moments.

Back on topic, could you dig out a list of the jobs from the first XDBX WARS ? So I can see which moment of the movies I could adapt :)

28 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

If you watched Clone Wars and liked it, you will love Rebels. It goes even deeper in the mythos and some very big events happen in the show. Don't wanna spoil it but there are some huge Death Star and Rebellion moments.

Back on topic, could you dig out a list of the jobs from the first XDBX WARS ? So I can see which moment of the movies I could adapt :)

Prequel Trilogy: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/IsOFEsQDC0adxTA59CZZog

Original Trilogy: https://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/CGxwoj7RU0GqTtnFlD6Uww

• Like 1

Made a note of all the main events in the movies that could potentialy be made into jobs. In Yellow are already existing jobs :

aqwvcEj.jpg

• Like 2

What about remaking maps from the original 2 Star Wars battlefront games, they had some really cool ones that would make great captures etc

• Like 2

Thoughts on the above list in no particular order,

• Larger scale battles are better to do than individual fights with the numbers we have in the playlist, will look great using sets built from scratch 
  • Dagobah trials could be done as a Parkour race through the forest. 
  • The space battles done as air combat will be even better now as the new props are visible from far away 
  • Zam Wessels chase could be recreated as a race winding through the Skyscrapers of LS
  • I'm thinking of recreating Tantive IV and Echo Base as TDMs instead of LTS as they are currently. 
  • Like 1

I have an idea for the Gungan River Escape using stunt prop.

Is it even possible to use stunt prop on water ? I mean semi immerged props like tubes ?

I also have an idea for Luke vs Vader vs Sidious from Ep VI.

TDM in an enclosed area with an open pit in the middle.

Oh and I also have something in mind for the Senate Battle from Ep III.

Edited by Fido_le_muet
  • Like 1

Just now, Lann said:

Can i make a updated "fast bike through forest"  job?

Was hoping you were going to say that. You did well last time with the limitations at the time, now we have new props and bikes it should be easy to make an even bigger one. 

• Like 1

With the attack on the deathstar do you think we want to have multiple capture points? (as in the number of times a vehicle needs to be delivered) as this dramatically changes how hard I'm going to make the trench (It's starting to look epic by the way ;) )

17 hours ago, Crawford1872 said:

What about remaking maps from the original 2 Star Wars battlefront games, they had some really cool ones that would make great captures etc

The cloud city/Kamino maps would be great with the different circular levels and walkways in between.

13 hours ago, adsyfindlay said:

With the attack on the deathstar do you think we want to have multiple capture points? (as in the number of times a vehicle needs to be delivered) as this dramatically changes how hard I'm going to make the trench (It's starting to look epic by the way ;) )

Will have to do some testing to find out, if it's too quick with a single run then its easy to add multiple runs. There were 3 runs in A New Hope before the Death Star was actually destroyed.

• Like 1

I was thinking about that, would the spawn points have to be on land though? Not sure if the game would like trying to spawn players in the sea haha? Never made a deathmatch prior to this so may require advice from time to time :) 

@Skorpion would be the best person to ask, I think you can place spawn points on the new stunt props as if they were the ground level. I've only done it with a capture so far so assuming TDM's will be the same. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

I was thinking about that, would the spawn points have to be on land though? Not sure if the game would like trying to spawn players in the sea haha? Never made a deathmatch prior to this so may require advice from time to time :) 

14 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

@Skorpion would be the best person to ask, I think you can place spawn points on the new stunt props as if they were the ground level. I've only done it with a capture so far so assuming TDM's will be the same. 

Spawn points can be placed directly on stunt props, even on the edges of a prop that's narrower than the spawn point. If you remove the prop the spawn points remain, and when a player spawns they just fall. Don't do this with actor spawns in captures though because they usually bug.

Also be aware that if you remove a prop that a spawn point is on, you might not be able to remove the spawn point without using the 'delete all spawn points' option.

Edit- Some things like weapons and vehicles can't be placed directly on the props, but if placed on land first it can be moved to the stunt props easily. 

Edited by Skorpion
  • Like 3