XDBX WARS 2 (Creations needed)

Squirrel

So my Cloud City Capture is at a point where it is playable so I published it...

http://rsg.ms/16f8cde

I have noticed a few issues already.

I think the locked weapon needs a little more range (it Heavy Shotgun atm).

Also if you jump of Cloud City with the package it gets stranded on the floor and nobody can collect it as you die when you hit the floor. A smartly place parachute and a he;ico[ter on the floor will fix this though.

Hope you enjoy, especially the Carbon Freezing Chamber :)

BTW honest feedback is welcomed, well preferred actually.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 2

Can you smell what the Stone is cooking?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Squirrel

• JuniorChubb

• djw180

• Crawford1872

Don't worry guys, Not forgotten about this even though I've been busy setting Supercup up.

We have a little over 4 weeks to get the jobs collated and tested before the playlist(s) can be created. Looking forward to trying everything out, I've noticed a few jobs appearing on social club related to this upcoming event. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a shortlist of the jobs we have created and found so far for this event. I've included jobs from the first edition of this playlist which are still worthy of playing.

Deathmatches:

• Galactic Sentate -  @Fido_le_muet
  • It's Hoth Inside -  @djw180
  • Order 66 - Non crew
  • Battle of Endor - Non crew
  • Tantive IV - Junior Chubb
  • Mos Eisely - Junior Chubb
  • TDM Kamino Non crew

Races:

Captures:

LTS:

•  Vehicle based around a star destroyer - Non Crew

The only jobs currently listed which aren't complete are Adsys Trench Run, potential new Death Star TDM by JC and I'm going to make a capture based around Rogue One (gives me an excuse to watch it again before this weekend)

@Crawford1872, you said you would be making a race, hows the progress on that?

Is there anything I've missed?

There is also little debate required about an aspect of gameplay for this event. What do you notice about the following pictures?

Reptroops-ANH.thumb.png.0cb180d512e4de43e3b725075b293ce6.png

Stormtrooper_Corps.thumb.png.9c45dff2535e8dc6951416e83f3f55af.png

The answer: Both sides troops are wearing helmets. I know we generally stay away from BPH & Race helmets for combat jobs but I'd like us to be dressed appropriately for the event and helmets do make an essential part of the outfit.

As long as we all agree to be wearing them there is no advantage gained over someone else not wearing one. Plus if we are killing people with one shot all the time then we are clearly not playing the role of Stormtrooper very well :D

Edited by Squirrel
  • Like 1

My Cloud City Capture job just needs testing and maybe a few tweaks based on the feedback...

I was going to go and replace the black building blocks with black neon ones but they are not available for DM's so I guess they are not for either.

I have two other DM's in the pipeline too, I am guessing the Jobs thread on here is the best place to post them?

Also as far as outfits go I would have thought creating 2 new crews for the event would be the way to go, not every Star Wars battle is Empire vs Rebels but the majority of battles are people in white armour vs people dressed in drab cloth. Setting up a crew for each of these might make sorting out the teams easier I the playlist if people are willing to commit to one side or the other for the whole night. There is also the 'have two outfits ready' approach but this will cause a lot of flapping at the ready up screens.

Started building something but it was shit compared to what I thought I could do/what else was there so I canned it, if we need something else I can have a go after I'm done for uni at the weekend 

19 minutes ago, JuniorChubb said:

My Cloud City Capture job just needs testing and maybe a few tweaks based on the feedback...

I was going to go and replace the black building blocks with black neon ones but they are not available for DM's so I guess they are not for either.

I have two other DM's in the pipeline too, I am guessing the Jobs thread on here is the best place to post them?

Can see if @LimeGreenLegend or @pete_95973 would like to include the job in their playlists this weekend. I'm not sure if I'll make it on this weekend but should be able to get some good feedback from the crew. 

There's different job forums for each type of job. Playlist hosts usually check in there for new jobs to use each week.

• Like 4

Hello everyone creating something for the XDBX Star Wars gala, Please mention me in the comments if you want me to test any of your creations. If you mention me, you wont have to wait a 5-7 days before I get around to reading the post. Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

Also as far as outfits go I would have thought creating 2 new crews for the event would be the way to go, not every Star Wars battle is Empire vs Rebels but the majority of battles are people in white armour vs people dressed in drab cloth. Setting up a crew for each of these might make sorting out the teams easier I the playlist if people are willing to commit to one side or the other for the whole night. There is also the 'have two outfits ready' approach but this will cause a lot of flapping at the ready up screens.

I can possibly include this in Two Bros Saturday.  Can you link it here? Also feel free to join us.  We have been getting big turnouts for this playlist lately in the 15-20 range.

Edited by pete_95973

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

Trying to set up a PSN group chat but the message system seems to be buggy while adding players. Apologies to anyone added to multiple groups but not the one we've been trying to add you to.

1 hour ago, pete_95973 said:

I can possibly include this in Two Bros Saturday.  Can you link it here? Also feel free to join us.  We have been getting big turnouts for this playlist lately in the 15-20 range.

I will make sure it is ready and pot a link here and in the Jobs section so its ready to roll...

I am out on Saturday... got to interact with the real world every so often ;)

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

Trying to set up a PSN group chat but the message system seems to be buggy while adding players. Apologies to anyone added to multiple groups but not the one we've been trying to add you to.

Yup, it has just bugged out on us both a few times, just installed a system update that was waiting though. Will try again, apologies to @Crawford1872 who has been our guinea pig throughout all of this, he is now in 16 separate chat groups...

2 hours ago, JuniorChubb said:

I will make sure it is ready and pot a link here and in the Jobs section so its ready to roll...

I am out on Saturday... got to interact with the real world every so often ;)

Yup, it has just bugged out on us both a few times, just installed a system update that was waiting though. Will try again, apologies to @Crawford1872 who has been our guinea pig throughout all of this, he is now in 16 separate chat groups...

I saw that earlier and was quite confused haha

22 minutes ago, Crawford1872 said:

I saw that earlier and was quite confused haha

God knows what was happening... we were trying to do something really simple and just ballsed it up from every angle.

• Like 1

I'm very impressed by @JuniorChubbs creations for this. There's two TDM's and a Capture which look fantastic. We could do with them tested with larger numbers to make sure they work as well as they look. 

• Like 2

Cheers Squirrel :)

I have been meaning to post them and will get round to it... once I leave creator for my once a week wash and eat.

After a brief discussion with @grjkie last night he is kindly letting us use his playlist slot on May 4th. (Star Wars day for the uninformed) I'm wanting to host a selection of the jobs, mainly races on Monday Madness as a preview event and double check all the jobs work as planned. For the actual main event on Thursday it will predominately be a combat playlist.

I'd also like to open this out to more than just crew members. I'll create an event on GTAF for this soon, hopefully with trailer to try and get as many Star Wars fans together as possible. It would be great to have as many of us online and dressed as either Empire or Rebels for the occasion (including those dreaded helmets)

If you can only make one of the nights, I would prefer it to be the Thursday as we should have more than just crew playing. Start asking your friends in other crews to see who would be interested in taking part in this unique one off event. 

May the force be with us. :D

• Like 1

Feel like I'm spamming the forums with Star Wars stuff today but is anyone interested in creating a race somewhere near the desert locked to the Ruston? Can include stunt props but no tubes.

Something to represent a speeder chase across Tattoine. Would be amazing if the race went from a Sand Crawler to the Lars Homestead and back to the Sand Crawler again. 

swtunis01.jpg

databank_sandcrawler_01_169_55acf6cb.jpe

Being original trilogy its a bit more appealing than the AOTC speeder race I was gonna start, might have a bash at this instead...

Hey guys, I'm really sorry I'm afraid I have bitten off more than I can chew with the death star job. Uni has taken over until mid June now :(. Really sorry guys I can do some more simplish jobs but this one is just too much for me now

Creator is a bitch like that Adsy, I am only able to put the time in for last two weeks because of the Easter holiday, otherwise it means staying up late at night and being a moody git throughout the day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo this has crept up quickly, I was waiting until I had enough posts to post my SW jobs in the correct part of the forum... looks like that ship has sailed so I will quickly post them here.

Tantive IV Deathmatch XDBXhttp://rsg.ms/79ffbea

I have update the Tantive Deathmatch so there is no barrier between the Star Destroyer and the Tantive, team spawn points will now lead to a more balanced match.

Cloud city Capture v2http://rsg.ms/ae0e855

Could City has bee updated so both team deliver to the same landing platform, also there are parachutes and helicopters in case  a player falls off with the package.

DockingBay 94http://rsg.ms/f20703b

Mos Eisley has been shrunk even further to scale down this deathmatch. If 30 players are availble the lager version is still available (http://rsg.ms/94b4039)

Tatooine Tour http://rsg.ms/cc1a7be

Race aorund Tatooine in your landspeeder (stock Ruston), take in Luke homestead, Beggars Canyon, the Sandcrawler, Mos Eisley and the Jundland Wastes in this lap race.

Coruscant Cruise http://rsg.ms/5ce1f63

Cruise around Coruscant in your speeder (stock Voltic) just like Attack of the Clones.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1

I will try my best to make it tonight but I cannot promise...

Either way I have updated some jobs but cannot access RSC from work so here is a quick run down of what is available and changed from Monday.

Tantive IV Deathmatch XDBXhttp://rsg.ms/ae0e855

I have update the Tantive Deathmatch so there is no barrier between the Star Destroyer and the Tantive, team spawn points will now lead to a more balanced match.

Cloud city Capture V3 - Will post link later, just find Junior-Chubb on RSC

You will need to make sure it is V3 being played. I have not had time to test this outside of creator yet but I have added two new landing platforms. These are now the Team Start Points and the Capture Delivery points, you are forced to work your way around the building to deliver the Captain Solo now, no more easy sprint to the finish.

DockingBay 94 - http://rsg.ms/f20703b 

Mos Eisley has been shrunk even further to scale down this deathmatch. If 30 players are available the lager version is still available (http://rsg.ms/94b4039)

Tatooine Tour - http://rsg.ms/cc1a7be 

Race aorund Tatooine in your landspeeder (stock Ruston), take in Luke homestead, Beggars Canyon, the Sandcrawler, Mos Eisley and the Jundland Wastes in this lap race.

Coruscant Cruise - http://rsg.ms/5ce1f63

I have removed the dodgy chekpoints at the top of the climb and also added a secondary checkpoint where we kept missing the single one.

Edited by JuniorChubb
  • Like 1