Your user name

Pb76

As you can imagine my name is Scott and surname starts with B. Usually I like to have it as scottyb88 (year of birth) but they didn't have it so I went with my post code which I have since moved from.

The annoying thing was, I have never played online before and wanted to get the stupid gta app and it required a few accounts. I didn't realise that it was a user name everyone saw otherwise I would have put a bit more thought into it.

I was thinking of getting a new account but put a lot of time already into the character and I am pretty sure that some where in the near future they will allow you to change the name like on Xbox.

scottyb1988.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pb76

• JustHatched

• Dodge

• DavidCore89

My old user name was kilty-87 but i kept getting kitty so i changed it to kryptonain-87 as im a big fan of Dc and Marvel comics espically Superman but now im being called krypto after Supermans dog lol

Default "a selection made usually automatically or without active consideration due to lack of a viable alternative"

and then added "Bling" because we are back in groove street. I'm very pragmatic and this is a GTA only id, so I didn't gave 2 f*cks.

Edited by DefaultBling

• 2 weeks later...

truelife just sounded good you gotta stay true to your own life and most people just call me true while gaming. when mtv's whole truelife series got popular it made me rethink my name however i like it and have stuck with it the 98 refers to my first car i purchased which was a 98 z24 cavalier so i threw it in there only bad thing is alot of people look at and think it refers to my birth year but that isnt the case. not as bad now that we are in 2014 but 4 or 5 years ago people assumed i was a 11 or 12 yr old

The Black Rabbit of Inlé is the grim reaper of the rabbit world who takes rabbits away at their predestined times of death. He lives in a warren of stone on earth inhabited by dead rabbits and filled with disease, death, and sadness beyond imagining (aka Los Santos). However he shouldn't be considered a villain since he is doing his work on the command of Frith (Sun/God to rabbits).

So, basically, the bringer of death doing work for powers larger then him (aka, me). People online can't seem to get over the fact that my character is not a black guy though :(

• Like 3

CDpIRad.jpg

When I was a kid in grade 4 a bunch of us made up our Star Wars names using a simple formula that is still on the internet. Mine turned out the best of all of them (Vega Definn) and I kept using it for countless games over the years. Once I started playing the Battlefield 1942 mod called Forgotten Hope about 7 years ago I had to choose a German name because of the clan I was in. I chose the name Richter because I liked it and what it meant (judge). This past year when I got a PS4 I wanted to create a new handle so I just threw the two names together and I liked how it sounded.

• Like 3

Well my psn nickname is made by my brother who has the name of roberts so he took the first 3 letter rob and made it sound cool to him like robcccix (pronounced robchiks) and my nickname for here and other places is GearGirl cause im a girl and gear was at random i tried to think of a word that starts with G and doesnt have alot of letters in it. and gear is like a clock gear not military gear or somthing. reason why i wanted to words with g is so my initials in games can be GG as in goodgame to show my respect and so the nickame would be just a little bit unique, you dont see alot of people use the word gear in their name!

• Like 2

So what do we call you in-game? GG?

I've been called a Gear Whore and know lots of other Gear Whores. Gear in this case being motorcycle clothes like multiple helmets, 2 sets of racing leathers, Gore-Tex suit, multiple jackets, gloves, goggles, base layers, boots, etc. I have a whole closet, bin and gear bag full of the stuff  and I still want more. :lol:  I really don't see a problem with it.

I would never have chosen JBart74 as my PSN name if I had known it would be stuck with me forever lol. It is a nickname the guys at work gave me derived from my first initial and a part of my last name. They call me JB or JBart. My BF calls me Bart which is hilarious to most, I think it has to do with him having a sister named Janice and an X b*tchy neighbour but he hasn't confirmed that. lol

He sings rhymes about me as "Bart" all the time, it's become the norm around here and always brings the laughs from family and friends!

maybe JBart is not so bad after all. ;-)

I swear a lot.  : SILENT :

No, but seriously.  I remember I was trying to register for the beta release of Battlefield 1942 and listening to Underworld's dubnobasswithmyheadman.  Dirty Epic was playing and I could swear Karl Hyde was saying "profane" under the main lyrics so the word was already stuck.  So yeah, I've been using variations of Pr0fane for online gaming since mid 2001.

Plus, I swear a lot. : SHOUT :

pr0fane0ne.jpg

My name has been around since I created an AOL account back in the mid 90s while a college student.  At the time I created the AOL screen name, I had pledged a fraternity, hence the "phi" and I was attending Florida State, hence the "Nole".

Although this name has never required me to use numbers to guarantee uniqueness, I regret keeping it around sometimes because of how it gets verbally butchered, which is no one's fault, really.  I've heard everything from "pin hole" to "fee noel" to "pheye know lee".  But, knowing the two parts of the word and their context should help with pronunciation.  :)

JustHatched and ProfaneOne - interesting origins for your names.  Profane's sounds like it was completely impulsive and spontaneous, which is basically how I created mine.

• Like 1

Back in days when i was a teen ( 20+ years ago ) there was nightclub named with my username and my god the memories of a particular night, let's say not even alzeimers will wipe of my brain. At least i'm hoping so.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

PDX is a nickname/code for Portland, Oregon...a place I like to think of as a home away from home.  96 refers to the year that I once lived there, not my birth year. With this user ID, I have been mistaken for being an 18 year old from Portland...when in reality, I could practically be that 18 year old's fath.....ummmm....older brother! :)  

• Like 2

Just Token; I am sure you all can put 2 and 2 together and get 4, lol.

And the II cause I couldn't remember the password or email to my old account, which was JusToken. So technically I own the first 2 iterations of the name, lol, nice!

I also have a 3rd PSN account, However that username is my last name so obviously I don't use it very often, lol.

Edited by JusTokenII

How did you come up with it?

I can never thing of an interesting tag that doesn't look naff, so mine is my initials followed by my year of birth. I do however eat about 76 jars of peanut butter a week.

When I was in high school, way back in the day, Drakkar cologne was *THE* stuff to wear.  I didn't want to name myself Drakkar, so I mixed it up a bit. :)

So there - nothing to do with vampires.

I was 16 or 17 when i got my ps3 and yeah, as i am a fan of hardcore music and loved to wear the pitbull brand i thought pitbull_gabber was a cool name.

Now that i'm a bit older i wished i chose another name haha, still loving hardcore though

I was 16 or 17 when i got my ps3 and yeah, as i am a fan of hardcore music and loved to wear the pitbull brand i thought pitbull_gabber was a cool name.

Now that i'm a bit older i wished i chose another name haha, still loving hardcore though

Gabber is serious ear punishment!

I can tolerate the odd live set (depends on the DJ), now and again I'll also play a gabber set at home, but I'm a fan of the more uplifting sub-genre's within the hardcore scene.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...