Your user name

Pb76

My grandparents used to own a sandwich shop called Sarneys. And I guess Sarney is slang for sandwich in the UK? 

New York Nightmare - just cause it sounds badass

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pb76

• JustHatched

• Dodge

• DavidCore89

My nickname come from things related to music. Amad3us come form Falco's famous song "Rock me Amadeus", which is just epic, then I used the 3 instead of e to make it acceptable when signing up to things, and also one of my favourite bands use a number in the name... Stam1na.

But for all purposes, call me Maha  :D

• Like 1

Glad you said that because every time I see your name I sing that song..  Very epic! 

• Like 1

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

My grandparents used to own a sandwich shop called Sarneys. And I guess Sarney is slang for sandwich in the UK? 

Lol it sure does.

• Like 1

Its really interesting to find out the origins of some of these names. Mine is really simple. 6'3" is what I figured my height was like 15 years ago so just a lack of creativity. Found out a few years ago im really like 6'2...

• Like 1

I wanted one that really spoke about me.

Unfortunately, "BigKingDingALing" was taken.

I bloody love all the Back To The Future movies though hence the PSN. The 11 is my birthday and birth month.

back in RTCW enemy territory days, i went by Våñïsh --  then they made ascii illegal character names and i was lucky enough to tag vanish just as they did it, all names were reset if i recall correctly.  when i moved to psn, vanish was already taken.  so i was going to go with shadowvanish, but the vanish was too much.  so i just lowered it to shadowvan and the name has stuck with me for about 8-9 years or more? 

if i am lucky, then people dont steal it.  but for some reason ... its been getting popular.  even had a shadowvan1 running around on warhawk for a while imitating me.  actually quite frustrating when someone runs around with your tag and just throws a # on it.  nothing against all you with the #s, they all have their meanings, but when you steal someones tag and throw a # on it, its not cool.

before shadowvan it was Outpost_Lord_J   hahahahah   still laugh about that one.  Outpost 2 was my favorite game for a long time and if you put me and scott (8_Ball) on the same team, we would rock 2v6 servers.  id go sticky/emp lynx rush for center while he concentrated on laser tiger build and we would roll through everyone.  had a match record of around 4.0 w/L ratio on that one.  i was also around 11 or so  haha

Casey = old leather football

WetCasey = lumpy large wet old leather football

WetCaseyHeed = Ugly sod with a face like a wet casey

What can I say, I never expected my online character to turn out to be such a looker!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just an old scouts nickname I was given almost 30 years ago at scouts camp, was only called zmurko there though. Means someone who blinks a lot, apparently I blinked a lot back then.

And I usually attach 76 (year of birth) to any nicknames I use, just a habit as everything I try is usually already taken.

ok then...

parents decided they wanted an uncommon name, and one that wouldn't be shortened (mums name was Maureen and everyone called her Mo, which she loathed), so she came up with Barry which in the late fifties was exceedingly rare outside of Wales.  Fast forward a few years and hit the infant then junior schools only to be surrounded by several other Barrys.  Kids being kids, everyone had a nickname, I went through Basil, Baz, Bazza and finally Bear - the only one that didn't give my mum a serious case of "beat the chit out of anyone who used it in her hearing".  Interesting (not) sidenote - first proper job In Canada, company had 11 employees, I guy called Glen, 4 guys called Barry, 5 women called Linda and an androgynous salesperson called "Sam" who nobody REALLY knew the sex of...

As top the 54th bit, that goes back to the MSN Gaming Zone and my Combat Flight Simulator days.  Clans/Crews/whatever were Squadrons (duh) and I hooked up with the 54th.  Back in the day the Zone allowed you to change your handle, so all squads made their members use a squad based prefix _54th_ in our case.  As an indication of the commitment level (and several of us SHOULD have been committed), quite a few of us (Canuks) got personalised car plates - 54 Bear in my case. 

So it kind of follows me around everywhere, in a manner of speaking.  That's useful, as with advancing years the memory starts to go, so it's handy knowing I only have to go outside and look at my car to get the login name.  Unless the brother in law is parked on my drive, in which case I'm screwed, as the PS Network doesn't have an account called NumbNuts.

However, if the MSN Zone had allowed longer names I would have been "J_Peasemould_Gruntfuttock_the_third", so I suppose I have that to be thankful for.

Yours Aye,

~Bear

Audaxity is normally the name i would use for all my online aliases. it means "bold/audacious" in latin. but it was already being used on psn, so i was gutted and stuck for choice.

always used "Aux" for short on stuff and there was an on going joke at work where my name was spelled and pronounced "juan-de-roux" (like An-d-rew) so i just swapped the o out with the A and that resulted in the name i now have for psn O:

.B R E A K S T U F F.

• 4 months later...

Mine is a nickname given to me by my friends during my teenage years due to the fact they said I drove like the rally driver Colin McRae and topped off with my birth year. :D

• Like 1

yFn5uY6.png

Mines a variation of a nickname, which in itself has a really stupid backstory. Vanway was a nickname at uni and it had a few funny variations. Vanweezy was a personal favourite and here we are. 

• Like 2

Beez is a nickname I got when I was 5 or 6 years old. It's just turning my initials BZ into a word and lots of people in real life call me that to this day. I've been lucky to get Beez as a username on many online forums including GTA Forums. When I created my PSN account some other jackass had the audacity to take Beez so I had to add the 620. Sheesh! The 620 refers to the motorcycle I had at the time, a KTM 620 RXC. I no longer have it but I had many great adventures with it and will always be one of my favorites.

@Goon, nice Mr. Bungle reference.

• Like 1

When I was an edgy 8th grader with no friends I spent waaaaaaaay to much time reading things like the Anarchist Cookbook. I learned quite a bit about becoming an anarchist, particular;y improvised weaponry and explosives. (That kind of edgy kid.)  When thinking about any practical uses for a small bomb constructed from an empty CO2 canister, I came to the conclusion they would be perfect for mailboxes. I never actually made one nor bombed a mailbox, but that christmas I got a PS3 and after an hour of not knowing what to name myself on there Mailbox_Bomber came to mind and it has been my universal name ever since. 

Sorry for bringing the NSA to your site, Hatched. 

• Like 4

LV is short for Las Vegas and Jag is short for Jaguar.  

And Mailbox, I was dying to read your response in this thread.  So glad you responded.  ;)

• Like 1

I guess I might as well answer this one too. I was dubbed by a few as Mr. Jag since my wife is LV, but it is also fitting since we did buy a second Jaguar which I now drive.

For my PSN ID, my last car was a Torrid Red LS1 V8 powered 2004 Pontiac GTO that I had for around 7 years, hence TorridLS1.

Damn Mailbox, that's a hell of a story!

• Like 1

It's an abbreviation for my name or just gibberish if you wanna quote Eminem :P

R=R
O=O
And here comes the tricky part 9=9 that would be in Norwegian ni, you english talking people pronounce it like you say knee I think  ;)
Than you will have: Roni (Ro-knee) and when you say it fast its Ronny  ;)
M= My first letter in my surname.

You probably got more confused now.
You could just cal me Ronny or Ron.

• Like 2

i am a supporter of Juventus Football Club (Soccer) the nickname for Juventus fans are Juventini / Juventino. sadly, both are taken. so i had to combine JUVE-N-TONO (tono is my nickname)

• Like 2

juventono.jpg

Though a lot of people question rather I'm a girl or just plain gay. I actually got this name from a friend; Her name was Alida Liddy Yang. She joked about some stuff once and dared me to make a username of "LiddysBetch" and so since then I've just sorta stuck with Liddys since its usually always avai in such games/sites. I do have another group of people I play with on a different game and they're fine with it since calling me by my first name was just weird lol.

A ronin is a samurai that does not serve a master. I found it quite an appropriate name for a GTA character and I happen to like japanese culture, especially the historical stuff.

The 1904 is luckily not my year of birth. It's the year my favorite football team was founded.

:ph34r:

• Like 2

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg