Your garage IRL

JustHatched

Yes it is a compact. Most everything in the states is a compact or midsize these days. Aside from some SUVs and trucks, the days of large vehicles has passed.

Edited by SINISTER120

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally put the 2017 Mustang GT wheels on the LX Sport to see how much I need to drop it. I think one inch will be fine. These wheels fit absolutely perfect.

I'm going to fully rebuild the front and rear suspension. I already have all the brake parts and have been looking for front control arm options. Moog stopped making their premium assembled lower control arms for this model, so If I want to use their premium line, I have to buy parts and do it myself. No real biggie, it's just a hassle.

This model basically has the cop car suspension, so I don't think I'll up the swaybars. I will replace the rear control arms with solid aftermarket with greasable poly bushings to minimize any slop in the rear and do the same with the Watts link.

I'll do a minimal sound system, but somewhat better than stock.

When this is done, I will pull my 03 Mach1 out of the race trailer and begin it's return to the street with a 2015+ Coyote engine and a 6R80 auto swap. The engine and tranny that's currently in it should pay for the swap if I plan well. I just want something more streetable and with twins and a 3 spd auto. that doesn't get it done for me anymore.

dS3Z4TK.jpg

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 4

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

53 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Finally put the 2017 Mustang GT wheels on the LX Sport to see how much I need to drop it. I think one inch will be fine. These wheels fit absolutely perfect.

I'm going to fully rebuild the front and rear suspension. I already have all the brake parts and have been looking for front control arm options. Moog stopped making their premium assembled lower control arms for this model, so If I want to use their premium line, I have to buy parts and do it myself. No real biggie, it's just a hassle.

This model basically has the cop car suspension, so I don't think I'll up the swaybars. I will replace the rear control arms with solid aftermarket with greasable poly bushings to minimize any slop in the rear and do the same with the Watts link.

They do look a good size. A 1-2” drop would work really well. They look like they stick out a bit, no risk of tire rub on the arches?

Edited by TheBoyBry

2 hours ago, TheBoyBry said:

They do look a good size. A 1-2” drop would work really well. They look like they stick out a bit, no risk of tire rub on the arches?

None........One inch should be fine. It will be firm enough without losing much suspension travel and easy alignment.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 9 months later...

Boy just told me of a guy selling the engine and auto out of his totaled 2018 Mustang GT for a good price. Maybe road trip weekend!

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

On 5/26/2017 at 11:20 PM, DeaD_GooN said:

2001 Chevy S10 SS

2008 Chevy HHR (Mrs. Goon's) 

2011 Nissan Altima (for the kid to abuse) 

2002 Chevy Silverado Z71 

1992 GMC Typhoon (blown head gasket that I'm too lazy to fix) 

2007 Suzuki GSXR 1000 (smashed into the side of a car a couple years ago, still in a pile in the garage) 

I guess I missed this. You still got the SS and the Typhoon?

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

13 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Boy just told me of a guy selling the engine and auto out of his totaled 2018 Mustang GT for a good price. Maybe road trip weekend!

Already sold!!!!!!!!!! ?

Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, DeaD_GooN said:

I do not. Got rid of both of them last year. 

I wished I had known that. Would have been interested in them. Especially the Typhoon 

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

• 1 month later...

I spend most of my time in a 2010 Chevy HHR. It is the delivery vehicle for our flower shop

The family vehicle is a 2003 GMC Yukon XL (seats 7 which is what we need)

Getting ready to restore a 2002 GMC Yukon (5 seater) for when a couple of the kids are out on their own we can part ways with the 7 seater.

And mine is a 1991 Chevy S10

3IcHls5.jpg

tO5qqhz.jpg.58b6dbb94b3bd006ad321cd1c721e874.jpg

• Like 4

2011 nissan qashqai for me. Decorative dent in the drivers door from some pr*ck in a fiat 500 who reversed into me. 

It's under there somewhere....

mrwkzQn.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

50% Cat 50% Man 110% Bellend

I have a 1995 Chevy Caprice Station Wagon.

oEtGVXH.jpg?1

That is the toy that sits more than anything else.  So I also have a 2015 Chevy Sonic that is my daily driver. The cars are a little dirty in this picture that was taken a few hours after Hurricane Irma made its run through town.

y0JVUAW.jpg?1

• Like 5

I drive my girlfriend crazy. 

I don’t need a car so don’t actually own one. My daily commute is less than 50 metres, if I’m going anywhere further afield I’m usually having a drink so driving wouldn’t be an option anyway. 

On top of that the city where I live is one of the countries worst for uninsured drivers and crazy drivers. I saw a crash the other week and both sets of occupants fled the scene leaving the cars where they ended up. 

I’ve seen drivers cross into oncoming traffic just to avoid waiting at red lights. It’s almost as if most of the drivers here got their license in downtown Karachi. 🤔

• Like 1

Currently an old 1.9TDI A6 estate. I hate it but it's economical, reliable and does the job. I want to replace it but at the moment it's I can't find anything that tickles my fancy. Don't do much mileage at the moment as I use the Metro for going into Uni so either considering a Jap 4x4 pickup or something like that which I can use to tow or get something like a V8 5 series and buy another van.

I may have some other cars lying about as well, but they never get used for day to day. 

A 2011 Vauxhall Corsa D SXi

It's not much, only a 1.2l engine lol (with a whopping 85 hp), but insurance is cheap and it gets me from A to B. Fondly nicknamed Greg. 

G7NZyKg.jpg

4g59bAc.jpg

If you're wondering why it looks like it's parked in a field next to some abandoned building site... I don't know what to tell you really, because that's exactly where it is lol. No real reason except I wanted to get some photos and didn't want to look like a prat in the car park at my university accommodation 😛

Edited by Aslad
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

No, I didn't misspell Salad 

Vauxhall Corsa D (dead)

Hyundai Coupe TSIII Fanclub

A 10 year old Honda Civic Type-S...

Its looking a bit past its sell by date, a couple of little dents and scratches but its still going strong. Sailed through its MOT recently, nowt needed doing.

Never broke down or needed any major repairs (apart from wear and tear stuff, and a new clutch couple of years ago) Only thing wrong with it is the bloody air con has packed in!

I was toying with the idea of buying a new car, but didn't see anything within my price range that tickled my fancy, so going to hang on to it until it dies...Which being a Honda could be a while lol

Edited by Mythaga
  • Like 3

On 2/19/2019 at 2:34 PM, JuniorChubb said:

Wow @Hatch that’s a beast!

I gave up my car as I cycle now, Mrs Chubb has a little 1ltr Eco Ford Fiesta.

Thanks, it get treated better than my kids do lol. I would like to take a compact (since you mentioned Fiesta) and shove a V8 in it. When our HHR gets worn out I would like to use it.

Video of my truck on startup, turn up your volume

• Like 3