Car videos

Beez

5 minutes ago, TheBoyBry said:

I didn't see it. Used to love watching it in the mid-late '90s. It's starting to get more enjoyable to watch again in the last couple of years.

I loved the cars from that era!

The Volvo, Nissan Primera, Renault Laguna, Ford Mondeo, etc :)

I like how close they race and still keep it relatively clean. IMO it's the pinnacle of British motorsport.

Cheers for reposting. It was a brutal incident.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beez

• zztop911

• DavidCore89

• JustHatched

27 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I loved the cars from that era!

The Volvo, Nissan Primera, Renault Laguna, Ford Mondeo, etc :)

TOCA 2 :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fido_le_muet said:

That was a fun one indeed. I loved the Mondeo ST220. It was a beast !

And here comes the Mondeo at Donington: 

Not bad for an 18 year old game, it's older than some members in this crew!

Hurts my eyes but it was pretty good back then.

18 years ago you say ? That hurts...

Note that there was cockpit view already and the ability to look left and right.

Gran Turismo introduced that with GT5... in 2010...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

I was just thinking the other day that I almost never see Donks in GTA anymore. Maybe this will inspire you to drive yours more.

While it may not be my thing I admire the engineering, creativity and artistry that go into these cars. Some are really impressive and I love that "all-color" paint job.

I dunno @Beez, to me lifted cars should be like this 

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I completely agree Hatch. That car reminds me of the Olds 442 James Garner raced in Baja.

17fz0atzkdjsnjpg.jpg

And the image search for that also brought up one of my all-time favorite cars ever, the Big Oly Bronco.

BigOly_1500.jpg

• Like 1

As some may or may not know I am a fan on comedian Adam Carolla. I listen to his podcast everyday on my way to work. Carolla's hobby is racing vintage race cars, specifically Datsun/Nissan. When actor Paul Newman got into racing he started with the Datsun 510, moved up to faster Datsuns/Nissans and then other brands. At some point Carolla bought an ex Newman BRE 510 which then led to him collecting other former Newman cars. Last year Carolla made the documentary "Winning: The Racing Life of Paul Newman" which is about Paul's racing career. Last week was the Concourse de Elegance at Pebble Beach in Monterey, California. There was a big auction there and Carolla bought the holy grail of cars for him, Paul Newman's Porsche 935 (chassis 009 0030) for 4.4 million. This car came in 2nd at LeMans in 1979 and 1st in class. It has also won the 24 Hours of Daytona ans 12 Hours of Sebring. Read more in the article or watch the video. Carolla looked at this as a chance of a lifetime and will have to sell off some of his other cars in order to afford this one and he plans to drive it at the Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca next year.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Beez said:

As some may or may not know I am a fan on comedian Adam Carolla. I listen to his podcast everyday on my way to work. Carolla's hobby is racing vintage race cars, specifically Datsun/Nissan. When actor Paul Newman got into racing he started with the Datsun 510, moved up to faster Datsuns/Nissans and then other brands. At some point Carolla bought an ex Newman BRE 510 which then led to him collecting other former Newman cars. Last year Carolla made the documentary "Winning: The Racing Life of Paul Newman" which is about Paul's racing career. Last week was the Concourse de Elegance at Pebble Beach in Monterey, California. There was a big auction there and Carolla bought the holy grail of cars for him, Paul Newman's Porsche 935 (chassis 009 0030) for 4.4 million. This car came in 2nd at LeMans in 1979 and 1st in class. It has also won the 24 Hours of Daytona ans 12 Hours of Sebring. Read more in the article or watch the video. Carolla looked at this as a chance of a lifetime and will have to sell off some of his other cars in order to afford this one and he plans to drive it at the Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca next year.

I'm also a big fan of Adam Carolla. I don't get to listen as much as I used to , I need to catch up. The beauty of the podcast.

Am I the only one that got chills watching this video?  Awesome!

• Like 1

Rally car jumps a dog which was walking in the track.

I can imagine the co-driver pace notes... Long 3 left, bump, over immediate dog :lol:

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

I was having a clear out and found an old video cassette from when I used to do banger racing, the short clip goes to show that my driving in game is similar to that on track (I'm in the green/black camo Nissan Sunny :lol: ): 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Have another non-car video. Some epic scenery and very skilled riding. It may not seem that hard but these are 500+ pound bikes, not dirt bikes. The riders are probably two of KTM's factory rally racers.

• Like 2

Coming soon a documentary on the birth of the GT40 and how Ford beat Ferrari at LeMans.

Edit: This is now available on Amazon Prime. I watched most of it and  it's really good.

Edited by Beez

• 4 weeks later...

Here's another well done motorcycle video from a few years back

The bike used in this video is the same model of BMW that I have and is one of the few styles of bikes still not found in GTAO, "The Adventure Bike." 

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2016 at 3:03 PM, Beez said:

In another "engineering before they tighten up the rules" category is the 1988 DAF twin engine Dakar Rally truck from Jan de Rooy. It had two 11.6 triple turbo, mid-mounted engines that produced a combine 1000hp. He was running 3rd overall when his teammate crashed and they withdrew from the rally. 

There was also the truck with a cab on both ends. I don't know anything about it or why they made it but you van see it in this video at 1:19

I have a picture with Jan somewhere! My dad used to take me to trials days somewhere in Holland where loads of the Dutch dakar drivers showed off their vehicles. Funny that you mentioned it here. Also have a picture of when we drove behind a dakar car in Strijen (the town I lived in - JesseStrijen...), a guy that lived there was the driver and drove it through town haha. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...