Scene 2-3 Da Hood War

JALJ

Da Hood War Version 1.4

Screen_Shot_2016_02_01_at_10_01_04_PM.pn

16 Player Max, A deceivingly large map. This map can be played tactically or guns a-blazing. Plenty of places to find cover and plenty of roofs and containers to climb up on and get the advantage. 

Forced weapons: micro SMG,

Pickups: Assault Rifle, Grenades and Rocket Launchers.

Changes Made:

1.2 Moved rocket launchers from center of map to ends. Changed forced weapon from pistol to Micro smg.

1.3 Changed from 24 players to 16. Moved spawn points to outside of map. Moved weapon pickups to center of map. 

1.4 Removed alot of containers and props. Put more props and weapons in the "apartment" side of map.  Moved spawn points. Removed pump shotguns. 

Any feedback welcomed and appreciated! 

Edited by JALJ
  • Like 2

tumblr_m8l94nfFrG1r5jta4o6_500.gif

One day the sadness will end.

Where these changes made after last night Playlist. I like the map just got frustrated with the spawns as I seemed to always spawn inside some kind of containment that usually had only one way out and I had to search for it. A lot of fences and props couldn't be climbed. Not sure if that was the idea or not

• Like 1

Pretty good map which requires a lot of movement. Having the micro smg with assault rifle pickups forces you to move around to get the better guns which is a good thing on a map like this.

Some of the spawn points were a little awkward to get out of since the containers or other props fully blocked you in forcing you to climb and run around trying to figure a way out. I'd try and clean up the outside areas to make it easier to get back into the action. On a map this size you don't need that much cover around the outside and could easily place spawn points in people's backyards if you needed too.

This is more of an aesthetic thing but I like to see props that go with the surroundings and feel natural and having containers dumped everywhere takes away from it. You could have gang vans, burnt out cars, machinery, even airport cargo as if they've stolen it, anything that tells a story and looks like it belongs there. Snacks zucchini DM that we played is a perfect example, it's all props but it looks like it is a farmers market and has a cool feel to it.

• Like 1

scottyb1988.jpg

Where these changes made after last night Playlist. I like the map just got frustrated with the spawns as I seemed to always spawn inside some kind of containment that usually had only one way out and I had to search for it. A lot of fences and props couldn't be climbed. Not sure if that was the idea or not

No these changes were made before the tdm was played on monday night. Ill be tweaking it later today and i totally get you on those spawn points, even i found myself turned around :lol: Originally i had those containers surrounding the spawn points to avoid players spawn killing but i dont think thats as big of an issue since i moved the majority of the weapons closer to the center of the map. 

Pretty good map which requires a lot of movement. Having the micro smg with assault rifle pickups forces you to move around to get the better guns which is a good thing on a map like this.

Some of the spawn points were a little awkward to get out of since the containers or other props fully blocked you in forcing you to climb and run around trying to figure a way out. I'd try and clean up the outside areas to make it easier to get back into the action. On a map this size you don't need that much cover around the outside and could easily place spawn points in people's backyards if you needed too.

This is more of an aesthetic thing but I like to see props that go with the surroundings and feel natural and having containers dumped everywhere takes away from it. You could have gang vans, burnt out cars, machinery, even airport cargo as if they've stolen it, anything that tells a story and looks like it belongs there. Snacks zucchini DM that we played is a perfect example, it's all props but it looks like it is a farmers market and has a cool feel to it.

Thanks for the feedback scotty! I have LN to thank for the weapon choices, he and a couple of the guys ran it with me when i first made it and he gave me some good input that really made a difference. I will be cleaning up some of those containers and ill replace them with better props as you suggested. When all else fails, just copy snacks! :D

For the spawn points, do you think then i could put them farther outside, like where the rocket launchers are and ill be ok? And also do you think 16 is a good size? I feel like if i place the spawn points farther out, i could fit in more people but i dont want to ruin the overall feel of the map. Almost every single time ive ran this map, its evenly matched and neither team has an advantage. Which i assume is a good thing lol. 

And many thanks to you and True for putting it in your guys PL! It was cool to see so much activity. I can usually only get 4 randoms to join me and its quite different with that many people. 

• Like 2

changes made, updated OP to reflect that. Went through and removed so many containers, i hope i didnt break it! :D