Simmet Alley Hustle

Protocawl

Simmet Alley Hustle
2 team TDM for 4-18 players
Starting weapon: Micro SMG

Weapon pickups: Pistols, Machine Pistols, Mini SMGs, Micro SMGs, SMGs, Molotovs, Grenades

Simmet Alley has become a playground for murderous maniacs and their only motto is: kill or be killed. They've even left some signs around the place to pinpoint the rooftop access ladders. Apparently there's so much killing going on that no one has time to keep any known advantages a secret anymore! (Mini SMGs, Micro SMGs, Machine Pistols, Pistols, SMGs)

Edited by Protocawl

We had 9 testing this, I think?  I'm not 100% certain.

Anyway, good map.  This location is always tricky for any sort of combat job.  Adding the arrows to show where people can gain access to the rooftops was a smart move.  It helps for those of us who accidentally combat roll off the roof or just fall into the alley... :lol:

• Like 1

The area is hard to use, it is a limited area, but with the levels it feels large and I think the job needs alot of players. Good choice of weapons.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I ran this during the second half of my PL on Saturday.

I love this area and have been working on my first TDM in the same area (albeit restricted entirely to the ground and a couple of additional areas outside the alley), so it's always good to play maps here.

I think you've made good use of the roof tops here--the micro SMG can be tricky with such a limited clip and being in a somewhat expansive area, but it didn't pose any issues and the battle as a whole seemed to flow well and be rather intense.

Nice job, Proto!

Edit:  How many AP pistol pickups do you have?  I honestly can't remember picking one up, but I was lacking sleep, so my memory is a little foggy.  Either way, I'd maybe nix that one since it's rather intense and overpowered compared to everything else.  Your choice though, I still enjoyed it.

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 1

I ran this during the second half of my PL on Saturday.

I love this area and have been working on my first TDM in the same area (albeit restricted entirely to the ground and a couple of additional areas outside the alley), so it's always good to play maps here.

I think you've made good use of the roof tops here--the micro SMG can be tricky with such a limited clip and being in a somewhat expansive area, but it didn't pose any issues and the battle as a whole seemed to flow well and be rather intense.

Nice job, Proto!

Edit:  How many AP pistol pickups do you have?  I honestly can't remember picking one up, but I was lacking sleep, so my memory is a little foggy.  Either way, I'd maybe nix that one since it's rather intense and overpowered compared to everything else.  Your choice though, I still enjoyed it.

Thank you for running it and for the kind words as well!

There's only 2 AP Pistol pickups + 2 or 4 regular Pistol pickups. The APs are almost out of sight and they're the strongest weapons on the map. If they're too OP then I'll do something about it, but I don't remember that problem from when I've run it with 8 players. I'll take a look at it.

The AP pistol is deadly in close quarters in general, so it would balance things out if there was a limited amount available at once and well placed in hard to reach places.

Although I've never tested out the map, I can say that the AP pistol deserves to be placed well accordingly.

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

The AP pistol is deadly in close quarters in general, so it would balance things out if there was a limited amount available at once and well placed in hard to reach places.

Although I've never tested out the map, I can say that the AP pistol deserves to be placed well accordingly.

... I'm well aware of how powerful the AP pistol is in close quarters and there are only 2 pickups on the map in not very easily noticeable places, as I just mentioned in the post before yours. Not to mention, this map isn't entirely CQ and there's a lot of cover.

Also, I believe you've played it at least once, when I ran it at the end of a PL some time ago, but if you really haven't played it at all or can't remember it (and you also ignored my last post here) - you've provided me with useless information right now.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...