No More PS3 Updates

revbouncer

The best i could do was $599 with 3 games i didn't want, (unless itrade my PS3 in and i don't want to do that as i still intend to play on it) i even forget what they were now. I asked how much for a PS4 with GTAV and they said $648.

I just said no sorry and walked out. What a rort. I will try a different suburb tomorrow and hopefully get a better deal than that.

I thought $600 was a bit much but $648 is ridiculous. This throws it up in the air, maybe I'll even wait until the New Year sales, i could save a fortune?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• revbouncer

• Fido_le_muet

• Sinister

• Jaggy

Can't remember the exact price, but I think I got my PS4 from EB Games last November for about $560 with GAT V and FarCry 4 included.

Mrs Snacks said I couldn't open it until Christmas Day though.  I just went in and gave them $50 each week until there was only a couple hundred $$$ left by late December.

$600+ seems a bit steep, but I haven't checked out the current prices.  There's bound to be a sale on somewhere though.  Keep looking, Rev.  :)

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 2

I was thinking just before Christmas this year would be when I got a PS4. Just as other PS3 players have said, I've put off buying one because I only play GTA-online, so it would effectively be paying ~£400 for an upgraded version of a game I already have.

Looking on GAME's website they currently have 1TB PS4s for £336 or 500GB PS4s for £314. They have a few bundles with games included, but none with GTAV, that's £45 extra.

Can anyone tell me what extra the 1TB version gives you, is it simply more memory to save games etc on it or does it improve performance as well?

• Like 1

I was thinking just before Christmas this year would be when I got a PS4. Just as other PS3 players have said, I've put off buying one because I only play GTA-online, so it would effectively be paying ~£400 for an upgraded version of a game I already have.

Looking on GAME's website they currently have 1TB PS4s for £336 or 500GB PS4s for £314. They have a few bundles with games included, but none with GTAV, that's £45 extra.

Can anyone tell me what extra the 1TB version gives you, is it simply more memory to save games etc on it or does it improve performance as well?

I got a 1TB console last week and it runs a lot quieter and does seem to load quicker.

• Like 1

Pretty sure it's just more memory for games, apps, music/video storage.

I've got the 500gb version and mainly play GTA, although my kids have a couple of games on here too.

Just looked at my storage.  It says I've got 405gb total, so the system must use nearly 95gb to run on.

Applications are using 168gb.  That includes - GTAV 57g - FarCry 28g - Thief 22g - Warframe 34g - Watch Dogs 22g - and 4g for Rocket League.

There's about 9gb getting used for various other things, which leaves 227gb free.

Some people use the PS4 for lots of other things too, so they're better off with the 1tb version.

But if you're like me, and only play a few games here and there, the 500gb system will be plenty big enough for you.

• Like 1

Ultimately, PS3 is going to come to an end just like PS1 and PS2. Of course they'll still be around and played, but they'll eventually have no updates, no releases, and we'll all be on PS4.

Trade values are based on stock and demand. Waiting for a $50 drop on PS4 prices could be pointless if the trade value of your PS3 has gone down too, which it already has and will continue to. Assuming you plan to trade your PS3.

Dont forget that bundles with games you dont want, you can trade the games in. EB Games have taken the trade value directly off the bundle cost for a few people I know, so its basically just a reduced price. My brother got his PS4 for AU$420 down from AU$559 about 6 months ago. Not sure if thats possible in stores in other countries.

I noticed the performance on PS3 take a massive dive following the IGG update so I'm not surprised to discover it can't take any more. Whole buildings didn't render until I'd hit them and even roads began disappear! I got a good bundle deal on Amazon Prime day and sold the shit I didn't want. Essentially, I got the 1TB PS4 and Destiny for £300. Black Friday will be upon us November 17th so there may be some deals up for grabs then.

Although GTA is mostly the same on both consoles it is so much nicer playing it on the PS4; everything looks crisper in 1080p, water/sea effects are breathtaking, higher framerates make the cars feel so much faster, grass and trees look incredible and, most importantly, under vehicle neons are fucking awesome! The only regret I have is that I haven't played as much with you guys on PS3 - I had planned to continue all PS3 playlists but in reality that hasn't happened - sorry. It would be great to have the entire crew united on the same console.

1TB PS4s for £336 or 500GB PS4s for £314

For the sake of £22 I'd definitely go for the 1TB. If you think how far Rockstar pushed the PS3 with GTA then PS4 developers still have a long way to go. The current games look good but I reckon they'll be significantly better in 5 years time. Games pushing the PS4 to the limit will need to be huge in size. The third update for Destiny was a whopping 17GB - admittedly the first two were smaller. Finally, the obligatory PS+ membership includes free games every month and various demos. Game sizes are likely to increase so IMO it's best to get the highest capacity available. I'm actually concerned 1TB isn't enough! 

• Like 2

I was so excited watching that new update video and then so sad reading the no more PS3 updates. Like, I wanna cry. I won't be able to afford a ps4 for a long ass minute unless I'm able to fenagle more moolah from I have no idea where.

Sigh.

Oh well...at least I'm not alone and us poor PS3 owners can game together.

• Like 1

The only regret I have is that I haven't played as much with you guys on PS3 - I had planned to continue all PS3 playlists but in reality that hasn't happened - sorry. It would be great to have the entire crew united on the same console.

Same here.

• Like 1

I'm pissed at the prices here in France.

If it's $400 in the US, it's gonna be 400€ here.

Normal currency change rate would pût it at 350€.

These jackasses seem to think that 1$ = 1€...

Dont feel so bad Fido, here in Jamaica its the equivalent to USD$686.82 to purchase a PS4.

Hell my PS Plus just ran out and I feel like saying screw it and just do offlone gaming for a while.

Two words.  Credit card.  Seriously though.  I got mine as a Christmas  bonus from work last year.  I didnt intend to get one until easter time.  There is a massive difference between the graphics on the PS4 and PS3 and to me and how much i love gta (it is all i do out of work)  it would be be worth it for double the price.  

If you can comfortably afford it or budget for it do it,  you won't  be disappointed.

This is my personal opinion though and im super impulsive.   

• Like 2

yFn5uY6.png

Looking forward to gaming with the PS3 members again!

I guess this moment was always on the horizon.

I'd definitely look to sell the PS3 for whatever I could get to help towards the upgrade.

As for the 1TB PS4, I think I'll get one in the next 4 weeks as my main PS4 only has 92 GB remaining which is pretty much 2 large file games, most of my games are downloads so more HDD space is crucial for me... Actually, I just found one for £280 so I may look at offloading my 500GB asap.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

GTA is great in story mode only on PS3.  It's such a struggle playing playlists on PS3 now.  The rendering was really bad a year ago and it's gotten so much worse as the months go by.  I enjoy hanging out and talking with all crew members, so that's why I keep coming back.  :lol:

I really cannot wait until more crew members make the switch though.  It will be such a blast having all of us (for the most part) together again for the playlists and special events.  :)

• Like 2

I noticed the performance on PS3 take a massive dive following the IGG update so I'm not surprised to discover it can't take any more. Whole buildings didn't render until I'd hit them and even roads began disappear! I got a good bundle deal on Amazon Prime day and sold the shit I didn't want. Essentially, I got the 1TB PS4 and Destiny for £300. Black Friday will be upon us November 17th so there may be some deals up for grabs then.

Although GTA is mostly the same on both consoles it is so much nicer playing it on the PS4; everything looks crisper in 1080p, water/sea effects are breathtaking, higher framerates make the cars feel so much faster, grass and trees look incredible and, most importantly, under vehicle neons are fucking awesome! The only regret I have is that I haven't played as much with you guys on PS3 - I had planned to continue all PS3 playlists but in reality that hasn't happened - sorry. It would be great to have the entire crew united on the same console.

For the sake of £22 I'd definitely go for the 1TB. If you think how far Rockstar pushed the PS3 with GTA then PS4 developers still have a long way to go. The current games look good but I reckon they'll be significantly better in 5 years time. Games pushing the PS4 to the limit will need to be huge in size. The third update for Destiny was a whopping 17GB - admittedly the first two were smaller. Finally, the obligatory PS+ membership includes free games every month and various demos. Game sizes are likely to increase so IMO it's best to get the highest capacity available. I'm actually concerned 1TB isn't enough! 

I definitely would prefer to get the 1TB model, I think I remember hearing bout the new hardware for it being a faster r/w speed or something like that. Hell what I think I'm talking about may have been about the new xbone hardware that's being released (also 1TB)

Biggest boon here is more storage capacity for media, digital download games (including patches dlc etc) & don't forget, those screenshots & video you captured of franklin wrapping his face around a fire hydrant taking a turn too tight, remember that one? Yeah. That hilarious highlight takes up space too :P

Looking forward to gaming with the PS3 members again!

I guess this moment was always on the horizon.

I'd definitely look to sell the PS3 for whatever I could get to help towards the upgrade.

As for the 1TB PS4, I think I'll get one in the next 4 weeks as my main PS4 only has 92 GB remaining which is pretty much 2 large file games, most of my games are downloads so more HDD space is crucial for me... Actually, I just found one for £280 so I may look at offloading my 500GB asap.

David, honestly man I'd keep your ps3. Here in AZ I can sell it for maybe like 60-80 I think in trade in, not taking into account any promo they may have. It'd be more of a waste if you think about your collection of games specifically. 

How many times have we milked our favorite game dry of its entertainment value, only to bore of it & trade it in later?

Confession:

As a teen, first copy (note First copy) of Goldeneye 007 I owned, I ordered from a Fingerhut catalog without my parents knowing lol.. In total, I owned that game like 5-6 times cause I kept trading it in. Got bored, got rid of it. Missed it, got it back (though by trading something else in mind you) Point is... break the cycle :)

• Like 2

I'm not in a good place financially, so any proper bundle with a price drop would be the only way I'd get my hands on a PS4 at the moment. I also can't pay any more than about €350, like Fido. I'd be using it for a lot more than just GTA V, but I just don't have any extra cash, so every little bit counts.

I'm also not ever planning to trade in or just sell my PS3, cause I have lots and lots of games (mainly digital) that I still haven't played, want to play and many I really really like. I'm not the kind to just trade an older console for a new one, I'll want to play some older games from time to time, especially since PS4 is not backwards compatible, so I have no other option. And I most certainly won't buy remastered/improved versions of all the older games just to have them on the new console, I'm not bloody crazy! :D Only a few games are worth buying twice to me - GTA V, possibly Uncharted series, TLOU, maybe 1 or 2 more. Others I just won't buy a second time if I have them already, but that doesn't mean I never want to play them again.

When it comes to GTA V on old gen - I knew it had it's limits and we've reached them. End of story, really. The problem now is that they might not even have memory left to fix all the bugs that surfaced after cramming those last updates in to the old gen versions of the game. That's what really bothers me about it.

Edited by Protocawl
  • Like 1

We're the same Proto.

I'll never sell my PS3 to get a PS4.

I like to play older games as well so it's absolutely out of hr question.

Like I said, I could buy a PS4 today but I'm not willing to pay 400€. It's psychological.

If I find a PS4/GTA bundle for 350€, I'll buy it without a second thought.

• Like 1

I'm pissed at the prices here in France.

If it's $400 in the US, it's gonna be 400€ here.

Normal currency change rate would pût it at 350€.

These jackasses seem to think that 1$ = 1€...

Hell to buy a PS4 here in Jamaica is the equivalent to USD$686.82

so dont feel too bad

Edited by smurf

If you want to continue gaming, this is inevitable.

Sure games will continue to be made on the PS3 and PSN will still continue but there's of course an expiration date on everything.

It's a bullet you're going to have to eat eventually. Your choice for either sooner or later.

• Like 2

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines