• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• revbouncer

• Fido_le_muet

• Sinister

• Jaggy

If u can afford it, get it, it's better. I can't afford it at all and am still tryin to get it (on finance) lol so if u have the money, what you waiting for!?

Brand new PS3 were still selling for $400!

What a rip off....

Any luck on finding a better deal?

Rev, I think you'd have a blast with the creator on PS4--especially with the new things the update has changed.

• Like 1

I pulled the trigger and ordered a PS4 and GTA5 today, just gotta wait for them to arrive.

Nice!

I haven't gotten to game with you in ages.  Did you buy it as a bundle or separately?

• Like 1

Well now that we have officially been left behind, i find it a very sad day indeed. My PS3 has plenty of life left in it yet but there's no need for it anymore. 

It seems such a waste :/

I am still reluctant to part with my money, especially when updating will cost so much, but things are getting quieter and quieter on the PS3 side of the crew.

I have been playing story for the last few weeks and now am trying for gold on all the missions just for something to do. 

I literally am in 2 minds atm. 1 minute I'm going to get one today and the next.... nah it can wait a little bit longer.

Well now that we have officially been left behind, i find it a very sad day indeed. My PS3 has plenty of life left in it yet but there's no need for it anymore. 

It seems such a waste :/

I am still reluctant to part with my money, especially when updating will cost so much, but things are getting quieter and quieter on the PS3 side of the crew.

I have been playing story for the last few weeks and now am trying for gold on all the missions just for something to do. 

I literally am in 2 minds atm. 1 minute I'm going to get one today and the next.... nah it can wait a little bit longer.

Sad yes but we got to remember that we all aren't abandoning PS3. Also GTA V did originate from the PS3/Xbox so we got to give ourselves that; without us gtao wouldn't have made an entrance unless it was developed for ps4/xbox1/PC in the "alternate reality".

You guys want to know what sadder? Game spy pulled the plug on a lot of multiplayer modes in many games about 2 years ago. That include Star Wars Elite Squadron where I made some "friends" with legit players and a hacker (he played fair but with his hax)

A quadratic function can be written in vertex form:

f(x) = a( x-h )^2 + k          *^2 means squared*

The vertex form is helpful because it tells you the location of the vertex (h,k); (x,y)

Well, I did it finally. $685 later and i own a PS4 with GTAV 

That includes the $70 online membership :D

I hope my old headset works with this, i spent a fortune already!

Nice, welcome to the HD world! :D

I know some of the headsets are cross-compatible with both systems.  I'm not sure how much headsets generally run there, but a decent one probably won't cost a fortune.  I paid quite a bit for mine, but it's wireless and works on both platforms.

Edited by LN-MLB
  • Like 1

• Consigliere

Rev, Target sell the official PS wireless headsets (compatible with both PS3 and PS4) for AU$99. I didn't shop around, so you can probably get them cheaper.

• Like 1

Well it's the best of both worlds i think. Today i joined 2 PLs, 1 on the ps4 then on the ps3.

Both were unique to me with jobs i hadn't done before and i must say the 1st person view on the motorbike is pretty cool.

I intend to keep active on the ps3 and support their PLs where i can.

It's a very expensive upgrade and it was a big decision for me to part with all that money to play a game i was already playing so i can understand those that can't afford a ps4 right now or just don't want one yet.

We are ALL still crew and i think where possible it would be good to see a few more turn on their old ps3's and join some of the PLs that are run.

I know there's a few who do this but a few more wouldn't hurt and it will help people keep in touch :)

• Like 9

It was hard for me to justify upgrading to a newer console to play a game that I already own on PS3.  It was totally worth it though.  The PS4 is still new and will be getting a lot more games.  We will all be able to get together in the games that allow a "crew" type set up too.  It won't always be about GTA.  Although if Rockstar spends as much time with GTAO as they say they will, it may just be all about GTA for a long while for some of us.  I plan to play GTAO until it dies out or all my closest friends stop playing it completely and move onto other things.

• Like 2

Why are these systems so darn expensive in some places?

In the US, Gamestop has 500G systems for $350. A custom 2TB setup is under 500.

On a side note, Taco Bell is giving away about 9000 Gold systems starting on the 24th.

Why are these systems so darn expensive in some places?

In the US, Gamestop has 500G systems for $350. A custom 2TB setup is under 500.

On a side note, Taco Bell is giving away about 9000 Gold systems starting on the 24th.

Importation cost 16.5% of the value of the product you are importing, environment cost, freight cost, handling cost, and then when they run out of stuff to charge you with, they make up the rest. Hell! 5% more added if you look at the customs officer the wrong way. :)

Edited by smurf
  • Like 3

Oh. I get it, that sucks. I hate to think what the original PS3 cost some of you guys because they sure weren't cheap here.

On a positive note I read that Sony has announced a price cut for Japan. Hopefully the rest will follow suit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Consigliere

As a FYI for any Aussies in the crew who, like me, are still on the PS3, EB Games are currently offering the 1TB PS4 system (with 2 games - not GTAV (extra AU$77 new)) for AU$469 if you trade in a 500GB PS3 slim. That's the cheapest offer I've seen so far, although I'd rather not trade in my PS3.

I was tempted, very tempted!

However, I'm off to the UK for 2 weeks to see the family at the beginning of November, so I can't justify it right now.

That's if you want to trade in. Then as you said the extra cost for the game and unfortunately on PS4 online costs AU$70 per yr. 

I traded 3 games in to get a discount on GTA. 1 was a very good game too, but i knew i would be busy on GTA for a while so didn't really need it.

I want to get Star Wars and possiibly Forza 6 when it comes out. That will do me for a while then. :)

• Like 1

As a FYI for any Aussies in the crew who, like me

Sorry, Rich.  None of us Aussies like you.  :P

That's about the best price I've seen too.

If your local store is friendly and willing, sometimes you can negotiate to swap the included games for another game.

Quite often though, when the PS4 is bundled with other games, the store can't do anything about it.  Worth asking though.

I really hope you get one soon, mate.  Enjoy your holiday in the meantime though.  :)

Edited by no_snacks
  • Like 1

• Consigliere

Thanks, snacks! :( To be honest, right now I don't particularly like me either: being a Pom in Oz after this morning's debacle! :angry:

I did ask at the store if GTAV could be one of the games, but no. It was NBA and FIFA and that was that.

• Like 1

Looking at what's currently on offer and just exploring my options atm, what would be a better package:

From couple of online stores:

- PS4 1000 GB (new 2015 model) for 364 €

- PS4 500 GB bundled with GTA V for 404 €

- PS4 1000 GB (new 2015 model, CUH-1216A) bundled with GTA V for 404 €

- PS4 500 GB (new 2015 model, CUH-1216A) for 350 € (special offer)

- or trading in my PS3 for a PS4 1000 GB for 265 € (not really a fan of this option)

I'm guessing that 500 GB bundle is an older model. What's the difference? Any improvements, fixes, ...

I doubt I'll ever need a 1 TB disk with me perhaps playing 2-3 games (GTA and possibly Project Cars / NFS), so that last offer for 350 € and a used GTA disk for 40 € would probably be the best option right now.

Haven't checked lately, but what's the price of a digital copy on PSN for GTA V?