No More PS3 Updates

revbouncer

Here in the states it is still $59.99

As for buying a system. The price of one is being cut in Japan. Rumor as it that discount is going to spread across the globe. 50 dollar drop in the US according to a Target ad showing the upcoming Nathan Drake bundle. Target quickly removed that ad though.

• Like 1

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• revbouncer

• Fido_le_muet

• Sinister

• Jaggy

Yes, I read that too on a french video game website.

A price drop is definitely happening at the end of the year.

Should be 50 € less.

I'm guessing that 500 GB bundle is an older model. What's the difference? Any improvements, fixes, ...

I doubt I'll ever need a 1 TB disk with me perhaps playing 2-3 games (GTA and possibly Project Cars / NFS), so that last offer for 350 € and a used GTA disk for 40 € would probably be the best option right now.

I'm still asking myself the same thing about 500Gb or 1Tb

On the previous page Snacks said the 1Tb probably wasn't worth it if you weren't going to play many games, Tiger thought it was if it only cost a little bit more. They are so close in price in the UK at the moment that if I was buying it today I would get the 1Tb. But I'm not buying one today.

I'm still asking myself the same thing about 500Gb or 1Tb

On the previous page Snacks said the 1Tb probably wasn't worth it if you weren't going to play many games, Tiger thought it was if it only cost a little bit more. They are so close in price in the UK at the moment that if I was buying it today I would get the 1Tb. But I'm not buying one today.

If I was buying a PS4 today, I'd get the 1TB.  You may not plan on playing a lot of games, but you never know what will be released for PS+ games every month.  I don't download all of the games, obviously, but there have been quite a few.  Rocket League was free, but I plan on buying all of the DLC's for it.  Of course, also going to download any and all free content as well.

You can also easily upgrade the ps4 HDD in the future. It may be a bit of a pain cause you will need to save all your data on to another HDD and then install the new one and update it all.

If the price difference isn't a lot (or money allows), or you know you play lots of games or save lots of videos on it then I would go for the bigger one. If you're unsure on what you will use or don't have the money at the moment then go for the smaller one since you can always upgrade later.

scottyb1988.jpg

• 1 month later...

Btw, we've had a PS3 update this week, but nothing major:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/214491057

• Contains a range of updates to anti-cheat measures and additional bug fixes.

So anyone on PS4 that will fire up their PS3, keep in mind you'll have to download and install an update first before you can play (around 77mb I think).

Edited by zmurko

Just the bigger and better controller for someone with big hands like me is a damn good reason for upgrading! LOL!

Upgrading the hard drive for the PS4 is fairly easy for the most part, but time consuming.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!