Anyone picking up Project CARS?

zztop911

Just now, Fido_le_muet said:

Is it normal that the cars don't seem to turn. I can't seem to be able to turn if I'm above 40kph oh karts. 

Is that normal or is it a controller setting that needs adjusting ?

I sucked in the karts so didn't really drive them, but that doesn't sound right.

Is that with the default settings?

Do you have the latest patch?

Do you get the same response from other cars?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Fido_le_muet

• JustHatched

• zztop911

Haven't tried other cars yet. I know it is much more realistic than GT so maybe that's why it feels so rigid. I'll keep practicing and try different settings.

1 minute ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Haven't tried other cars yet. I know it is much more realistic than GT so maybe that's why it feels so rigid. I'll keep practicing and try different settings.

I'm sure you'll get there once you adjust to the physics and stuff.

I have huge problems adjusting from GTA to pCARS and DiRT after only a few hours and it's usually my style of driving or the difference in sense of speed.

People say the karts are the least realistic, but I don't know.

6 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Focus RS at Laguna Seca felt OK. Need to adjust to the car not turning at super speed like in GTAO though :lol:

I like that car, but it's got massive understeer with the road tyres on.

I usually destroy the front tyres within a few laps :D

There's a lot of free cars on the PS Store.

Edited by DavidCore89

I bought the GOTY edition so I think I have everything already. I'm trying to compare with your lap time in the P1 at Laguna Seca. :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I bought the GOTY edition so I think I have everything already. I'm trying to compare with your lap time in the P1 at Laguna Seca. :D

I don't remember doing that lap, I bet it was a shocking lap :lol:.

Only recall driving it once, I usually go for the Gumpert Apollo S in road A class.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

I don't remember doing that lap, I bet it was a shocking lap :lol:.

Only recall driving it once, I usually go for the Gumpert Apollo S in road A class.

Well I beat your time so you probably did it very early on :D

50 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Is it normal that the cars don't seem to turn. I can't seem to be able to turn if I'm above 40kph oh karts. 

Is that normal or is it a controller setting that needs adjusting ?

The karts are a bit bonkers in PC. Even with a sim setup they are more then a handfull, let alone with a controller. Any other racing classes will work just fine after a bit of practise and adjusting.

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

I've used some online settings for my controller, as it seems the default are bonkers. That said, I still had some trouble turning the karts.

Then I turned off all assists and they turns so much better. I think it was the turning assist screwing it up.

Well, I guess I'm figuring it out cause I won the 3 races of the Kart One championships :D

Tried a lap of Le Mans in the Signatech Alpine and it felt pretty good. Really like this game.

I turned off all assists except ABS and you really feel how the car handles. Must be so much better with a wheel but that's not happening anytime soon unfortunately.

• Like 1

I need more time.

I can't seem to be able to drive the BMW 320 TC without spinning every few turns...

Also, tried LMP900 at night under rain... NIGHTMARE !

Just now, Fido_le_muet said:

I need more time.

I can't seem to be able to drive the BMW 320 TC without spinning every few turns...

Also, tried LMP900 at night under rain... NIGHTMARE !

The 320 TC is a handful for sure!

It's the slim tyres (which are identical to the Megane V6), they pass the grip threshold pretty quickly.

It's strange car, it likes brake bias towards the rear (if ABS is off as per IRL with this car). Take a look at the diff as well, reduce acceleration lock and increase deceleration lock.