• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Fido_le_muet

• JustHatched

• zztop911

Add me to the List for this. Just got it today. 

Let me know if you wanna join me when I'm on Project CARS, I'm usually racing vs randoms or invite only free practice to perfect my setups.

It's the kinda game that requires a lot of hours of input to really get something out of it, but the result really is second to no other sim racing game.

I'd suggest starting with GT3 cars as they're quite forgiving, used in most online lobbies and they come with a variety of assists.

If you're using a controller then you'll need to change those horrible default settings!

I race in a few leagues and championships with people that I met on track, so far I'm leading the current championship by 1 point, put some practice time in and join us for season 3  :).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cool, I'd be up for that too, but I don't think many others would  :(.

I used to enjoy the casual racing on GT6.

I've also got all of the DLC packs, so if you wanna test a certain car or track just let me know.

• Like 1

Some pics from the opening 2 rounds of the Apex Stalkers Ginetta GT4 Cup at Oschersleben GP.

I'm driving the purple #92 car.

I can definitely recommend organised racing over the carnage that is public lobbies.

2d8oze1.jpg

2mq6o2f.jpg

4sxy88.jpg

2sftw.jpg

1qh1za.jpg

2s151m9.jpg

• Like 3

Public lobbies has turned me sour on this game and I'm not really good enough for organized racing. Maybe if I get a wheel set up, I can then explore that option more.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 4 months later...

I nearly bought this today, but I spent $250 on reading glasses so I decided to hold off. Now I just saw Project Cars 2 will be released this year. I think I'll get that when it comes out. I need a new game GTA is almost dead atm.

59 minutes ago, revbouncer said:

I nearly bought this today, but I spent $250 on reading glasses so I decided to hold off. Now I just saw Project Cars 2 will be released this year. I think I'll get that when it comes out. I need a new game GTA is almost dead atm.

Number 2 won't be out this year.

They only recently stopped the crowd funding for the game, #1 took at least 5 years to make.

Ian Bell (boss) said it won't be this year.

Honestly, I wouldn't buy it, it's riddled with game breaking bugs and it's unplayable. The moderators on their forums are total pricks and offer less help than an umbrella in a twister.

Not to mention that the game isn't really intended for controller racing, unless you're incredibly delicate to ensure the tyres aren't scrubbing.

Edited by DavidCore89

15 minutes ago, revbouncer said:

i saw something on facebook saying it was coming out in June? maybe that's when they start testing it?

Yeah early tests will be happening, but only for those who crowd-funded the game.

They might be referring to Game of the Year Edition of #1 which is due soon.

Also Assetto Corsa (another racing sim) is due June 3rd, that's probably what was being discussed.

I know Slightly Mad Studios don't use Facebook, only Twitter.

Edited by DavidCore89

There's also a 30-page thread regarding disconnections and game crashes on their forum, they haven't fixed it.

16 drivers at the start of a 5 lap race quickly turns into a 4 man race.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, revbouncer said:

The Stig was playing it.... 

About to give the pesky go kart a run on Project Cars 2. ‪#‎hammerdown‬

Ah yeah.

Ben Collins is a Developer, he helps test the cars and give feedback etc.

Same goes for Nic Hamilton (brother of Lewis).

It's still in very early stages of development.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I would, just send me a message or whatever in advance.

Got a bunch of other clean drivers who are always online as well.

DiRT Rally is taking most of my racing time, such a challenging game.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Dodge said:

Who still has this, and would you be interested in running some races in different classes on a given night?

I definitely would depending on the time. 

For those who are a bit hacked off with the game - you need to change your settings! There are numerous car settings (some good setups here) and also force feedback settings here. It's a massive PITA to set everything up but it improves car handling. 

I'm not sure if force feedback settings make any difference to controllers (I'm assuming they don't) but they make a huge difference to steering wheels. 

@DavidCore89 do you still do Marmite or have you found others?

3 minutes ago, silenttigercd said:

I definitely would depending on the time. 

For those who are a bit hacked off with the game - you need to change your settings! There are numerous car settings (some good setups here) and also force feedback settings here. It's a massive PITA to set everything up but it improves car handling. 

I'm not sure if force feedback settings make any difference to controllers (I'm assuming they don't) but they make a huge difference to steering wheels. 

@DavidCore89 do you still do Marmite or have you found others?

I don't race with them now.

Max wanted suggestions from the drivers, but couldn't handle the truth when I said his rolling starts are awful :)

My honesty tends to do me no favours. 

Controller users certainly need to work on the settings, it's far too sensitive.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 2

@Dodge, what day did you have in mind for some racing/driving?

Currently I only race on a Monday night, but that may change in the near future.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Fido_le_muet said:

@DavidCore89: received the game today :D

Awesome!

If you're using a controller you might want to look on Google for some less sensitive settings, it's a lot more twitchy than GT, but with some fine-tuning you'll be able to find something that works for you.

I'm using the pad yes :(

I'll have a look, thanks.

EDIT : lol I found a ton of differents settings that all claim to be "the absolute best" for controller :lol:

Edited by Fido_le_muet

12 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

I'm using the pad yes :(

I'll have a look, thanks.

EDIT : lol I found a ton of differents settings that all claim to be "the absolute best" for controller :lol:

That's no surprise!

I think the main things are to lower steering sensitivity (maybe 20 at the most) and increase speed sensitivity (50-60).

The numbers are guesses :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DavidCore89 said:

That's no surprise!

I think the main things are to lower steering sensitivity (maybe 20 at the most) and increase speed sensitivity (50-60).

The numbers are guesses :)

Is it normal that the cars don't seem to turn. I can't seem to be able to turn if I'm above 40kph oh karts. 

Is that normal or is it a controller setting that needs adjusting ?