Anyone picking up Project CARS?

zztop911

It looks like a really great game. I'm pretty sure a feedback wheel will be mandatory to get the most out of the game. I don't know if I want to invest that much into a game. My old wheel won't work.

Just looking for input for the avid racers here!

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Fido_le_muet

• JustHatched

• zztop911

thinking about it, not certain yet though

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

I'll only get it if Torrid wants it.  Racing really isn't my thing.  If GT7 is ever announced, that will be picked up immediately.  Is Project CARS kind of like it?

It's certainly a game I want, but won't be buying it while I'm still into gta as much as I am, it would just sit on the shelf gathering dust.

• Like 2

some of the pre release videos look pretty good, but that doesn't always make for a fun game. I want it but I will probably wait until I've read a few reviews before I buy.

I'll only get it if Torrid wants it.  Racing really isn't my thing.  If GT7 is ever announced, that will be picked up immediately.  Is Project CARS kind of like it?

It seems to be similar. I just found about it yesterday from one of my Vet friends. A quick search for a wheel was shocking! I don't think the game would be worth getting if you're just going to use the stock controller. I've got a pair of racing seats a friend gave me when he bought a badazz set of Recaros for his 14' Shelby. I could build a really nice set up for a wheel and pedals. I just wish I had my new place with the man cave in my shop I have planned.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

It's certainly a game I want, but won't be buying it while I'm still into gta as much as I am, it would just sit on the shelf gathering dust.

I'm the same. I got Assassin's Creed 3 at Christmas and I still haven't played it.

I have it on pre-order, however I fear that it's gonna be too much of an arcade racer such as Need for Speed and that's gonna suck from my POV.

To be honest, I don't really trust the game developer, I have never played one of their games before and the online part of the game could fail just like DriveClub did after launch.

It looks nice, but for me it really depends on the vehicle physics more than anything, if it feels arcade then It'll soon find its way to my 'game shelf of no return'.

This game was announced ages ago and been delayed once, so that makes me suspicious.

Even if I do somehow get into this game, it won't last, F1 2015 is released 4 weeks later and Codemasters know exactly what they're doing when it comes to action packed racers that fit nicely between arcade and sim  :).

I have it on pre-order, however I fear that it's gonna be too much of an arcade racer such as Need for Speed and that's gonna suck from my POV.

To be honest, I don't really trust the game developer, I have never played one of their games before and the online part of the game could fail just like DriveClub did after launch.

It looks nice, but for me it really depends on the vehicle physics more than anything, if it feels arcade then It'll soon find its way to my 'game shelf of no return'.

This game was announced ages ago and been delayed once, so that makes me suspicious.

Even if I do somehow get into this game, it won't last, F1 2015 is released 4 weeks later and Codemasters know exactly what they're doing when it comes to action packed racers that fit nicely between arcade and sim  :).

This is why I started this thread.

Will F1 have many cars?

Because Fat Buds Matter!

This is why I started this thread.

Will F1 have many cars?

Not many, only the F1 cars from 2014 and 2015 seasons, perhaps some classic cars too.

Project CARS will have a lot more variety and options available, car list: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/30/project-cars-the-final-list-of-cars-revealed

I'm disappointed with the overall lack of cars, I'm also disappointed that most of them are dedicated track/race cars, I wanted more cars that are seen IRL.

110 tracks is good, I hope the vast majority are fully licensed real-life tracks.

Slightly Mad Studios refer to this game as a sim, I hope that's true, otherwise they'll have a tough job selling another game to me!

Guess I find Dirt 3 more entertaining than any GT series games, though Dirt 3 is old, limited and full of micro transaction, its a more fun game to play for me. I hope Project C works out well, this is one of the few games that would make me upgrade to a ps4 to play it, but then again game delays are not a sign of a potential finished product.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly looks good. How much of a 'sim' is it?

I haven't tried normal difficulty, but put it on pro mode and it's a challenge for anyone.

That lap above may look OK, but it was a struggle.

It's definitely a racing sim.

• Like 3

I am going to hold off on getting this till F1 comes out, then which ever you think is better DC I will go with. Reason is I get limited game time as it is so 1 side game will do me well but I want to make sure it's the right one..

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Hell with it, I gonna pick this up today

• Like 2

I picked it up on Saturday

then put it back down. 50 quid is a bit much for a shelf ornament

Think It's £45 on PS Store and that includes some bonus cars.

I bought it. Stopped by the house and started installing the update and all the dlc stuff available

• Like 1

Awesome!

Be warned, pro settings will make most cars totally undriveable with a controller, I definitely recommend normal settings or at least pro with traction control turned on. 

Normal setting also has the racing line on the track so racers can see where the optimal line and braking zone is.

Edited by DavidCore89

Awesome!

Be warned, pro settings will make most cars totally undriveable with a controller, I definitely recommend normal settings or at least pro with traction control turned on. 

Normal setting also has the racing line on the track so racers can see where the optimal line and braking zone is.

I'll give all a try at least with the controller, but I will take your advice in consideration. I won't throw down for a wheel yet, gotta make sure the game will intrest me enough to spend the extra.

Traction control is for pussies! :P

Lol GT allowed it to be set to a certain level, PCars is either on or off.

Desuno and I raced the Zonda R... Wow, it just span around as soon as any power was applied. Low traction control would have improved it, but the game doesn't allow that.