• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DavidCore89

• Fido_le_muet

• JustHatched

• zztop911

Lol GT allowed it to be set to a certain level, PCars is either on or off.

Desuno and I raced the Zonda R... Wow, it just span around as soon as any power was applied. Low traction control would have improved it, but the game doesn't allow that.

Soo, when are we going to see a video of a Welshman drifiting around a track in a BMW M4/M5? :D

Does it matter what kind of built in traction control a real life version of the car has?

Or is it completely a game feature you can just turn on or off and is the same for all cars?

Soo, when are we going to see a video of a Welshman drifiting around a track in a BMW M4/M5? :D

Does it matter what kind of built in traction control a real life version of the car has?

Or is it completely a game feature you can just turn on or off and is the same for all cars?

I think it's just on or off, but it still never feels as strong as the highest level traction control on GT6... PCars doesn't seem to limit the power like GT6 does, instead it just distributes the power correctly, but it's still possible to spin the wheels.

Thankfully all assists can be mapped to a certain button, so any of them can be turned on during a session if a car becomes hard to drive to due weather or tyre wear.

From experience I can tell you it's definitely not an arcade game. :lol:

Some of these cars are undrivable even in normal mode. There's always novice mode :P

I just feel the game is lacking something. Ah yes; no Ferraris or Lambos. I smell a future DLC in the works.

• Like 1

From experience I can tell you it's definitely not an arcade game. :lol:

Some of these cars are undrivable even in normal mode. There's always novice mode :P

I just feel the game is lacking something. Ah yes; no Ferraris or Lambos. I smell a future DLC in the works.

Yeah I can think of many cars that I'd like to see, I'm sure new cars, tracks and other stuff will be added.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'll probably just wait for the next in the Gran Turismo series.  I haven't had a steering wheel in a long time too.

• Like 1

I think it's just on or off, but it still never feels as strong as the highest level traction control on GT6... PCars doesn't seem to limit the power like GT6 does, instead it just distributes the power correctly, but it's still possible to spin the wheels.

Thankfully all assists can be mapped to a certain button, so any of them can be turned on during a session if a car becomes hard to drive to due weather or tyre wear.

That's actually better. Some real cars have great traction control which actually makes them drivable and probably even perform better with it turned on.

I think 99% of players wouldn't be able to drive a 300+ BHP car without some sort of traction control in real life, at least not at racing speeds.

And I've never liked the way traction control works in GT6 (or most assists really), that's why I've turned it off and learned to drive without it. It always slowed me down too much. Of course some cars are almost undrivable now, especially with a controller, but most under 600 PP are at least managable most of the time. The only assist I still use is ABS set to 1.

And I'm guessing no Porsches in Project Cars either, because of that silly license someone still controls? Are there at least any RUFs?

Awesome looking game, but I really suck..

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Look at this setup on PC! Note the wheel being used!

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 6

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

After playing all yesterday afternoon,

I think this is an awesome game, not one I can live on like GTA because it's to monotonous but one I will play a couple times a week as it is a nice change of flavor.

It's amazing how much of a role car setup plays, I find my style of driving requires setting up for quite a bit of oversteer (perhaps it's a controller vs wheel thing)

It's difficult to adjust to if GTA racing is pretty much the only racing one has done since the PS2.

I don't think I will go buy a wheel, don't think I can get that into it and random racers can be as much of dicks on here as they are on GTA. Not that I would have won much but several finishes could have been better has I not been ass slammed so much.

• Like 1

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

Yeah some lobbies have trolls driving in the opposite direction or driving dirty in general, but some lobbies are clean and the racers will be respectful even when they cause an accident or are running in last position.

I was in a lobby with 14 South American players last night and it was pretty good.

It also depends on the settings. Some hosts set the rules to off and that allows them to drive dirty and cut corners without being punished, avoid those lobbies.

I'd be up for hosting a public lobby maybe one night per week if we had enough interest here, lobbies fill much easier on this game than GTA.

Edited by DavidCore89

I really want to get this game and a wheel just running low money at the moment :(, really want to get it though looks awesome :)

• Like 2

Got the game a few days ago AND got my hands on a G27 wheel, pedals and stick shift for a bargain price (200 eur for the lot, boom!) :D On PC though ...

Still getting to grips with it, but loving it so far.  Not sure if it's the game I will be playing for the rest of my days, but it's definitely a nice change and a step up from GTA racing.

For those thinking about getting it: a few notices !

- this is a sim racer (very close to assetto corsa or iracing), not a racing game like Forza or GT, though there are obvious similarities.

- it seems the game is intended for racing fanatics (WEC, DTM, GP3, GP2, Karting, F1, GT, Blancpain, etc.) more then for car fanatics

- if you're on PC, a rather powerfull rig is required

- it's possible to play with a controller, but a force feedback wheel is recommended to enjoy this game at its fullest and if you want to give it a try without (too many) assists

- there's a more then decent amount of tracks and they're proper replica's (really, Zolder and Spa, 2 circuits I know IRL are bloody accurate o0), but more is always better

- there's not enough cars yet. Atm, I'm still getting my fix, but I really hope more brands will be added over time (Ferrari, Maserati, VW, Mazda, Toyota, Lambo's, all the 'murican brands apart from Ford are still all missing...)

- you can't buy or upgrade cars, not perfomance wise nor visually apart from choosing a livery prior to some race or championship. Career mode is all about following the career of an actual racing driver making his/her way up the ladder, full stop. You don't earn money or XP or perks or anything. Just rise through the ranks and collect those trophies.

- set up options for controllers, wheels, the game itself, the visuals, the assists and drivers aids can be mind boggling at times. And then we haven't even talked about the car setup itself ! Steap learning curve and lots of tweaking ahead !

- yes you can still qualify 15 sec ahead on noob level, but once you start turning off aids and switching up opponent skills, you're gonna be in for treat :D

- no idea yet what online looks like

- so far it did not have an effect on RL driving. I did not crash when driving to the shop earlier today :)

• Like 4

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

A bit of a noob question, although I don't think I'll ever get to drive a super high powered car IRL :P but don't all those racing cars have forms of traction control when used in races IRL? I thought they had all the latest technologies to assist them?

I really want to get it, it sounds awesome but since I don't have a wheel anymore it doesn't seem like much point.. I'd love to get a set up like zz showed! Get the racing seat with 3 monitors hooked up to it! You can also buy a product that you sit on that vibrates and moves with the bumps to add realism haha.

On a side note, is there anything I can do with a Logitech g27 gear shifter and pedals? I don't have the steering wheel anymore and was wondering if somehow it could be utilised with another wheel like the thrustmaster t300 since it doesn't come with anything?

scottyb1988.jpg

A bit of a noob question, although I don't think I'll ever get to drive a super high powered car IRL :P but don't all those racing cars have forms of traction control when used in races IRL? I thought they had all the latest technologies to assist them?

I really want to get it, it sounds awesome but since I don't have a wheel anymore it doesn't seem like much point.. I'd love to get a set up like zz showed! Get the racing seat with 3 monitors hooked up to it! You can also buy a product that you sit on that vibrates and moves with the bumps to add realism haha.

On a side note, is there anything I can do with a Logitech g27 gear shifter and pedals? I don't have the steering wheel anymore and was wondering if somehow it could be utilised with another wheel like the thrustmaster t300 since it doesn't come with anything?

The G27 pedals and shifter still hold some value, but they can only be used on PS3 and PC and only with a Logitech G25 or 27 wheel.

What you're saying is correct, all of those high value cars would be packed with the latest tech to help keep them on the road and help them be easier to drive, so using the driving assists does make sense to a degree. I guess it depends how you'd like the car to feel.

I'm used to racing without stability management, ABS and TC, but that's always been with a wheel setup, it's much easier to get all of the power down in comparison to a controller.

Edited by DavidCore89
  • Like 1

It depends on what league and class if those aids are permitted.

Traction control has even made it to certain classes of drag racing. Some of the new engine management systems offer, in addition to fuel injection,  nitrous control, boost control, data logging all parameters(suspension travel, accelerometer, inclinometer , timing, boost...ect) and to a degree, traction control.

• Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Yes and no. Depends on the car and the series.

Most RL super cars have driver assist systems like TC, ABS etc. With quite a lot of them it is even possible to adjust this, from comfort mode to race mode and whereby different things get altered like fuel ratio, suspension stiffness, TC gets turned down or off .... Most brands do not allow to turn TC off completely though. Mind you, there are still some rather spartan cars out there with hardly any gizmo's at all. IIRC, one of the first Nobles did not have anything to help apart from a seriously spiced up Volvo engine, big brakes and fat tires. As for the racing series, that really depends. For example, GP2 has no power steering, F1 does. GP2 doesn't have an anti-stall system, F1 does etc etc

With Project Cars I prefer to set driver assists to 'real'. That means that the assists are all off most of the time, unless the RL car has it as standard.

• Like 1

gallery_510_31_23135.jpg

The video reply is cool, but it sure shows you how crappy ya drive! LOL!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

• 1 month later...

A few new additions for those that play this game.

Free Car #2 - Audi A1 Quattro.

Free Livery Pack #2.

Audi Ruapuna DLC - Contains tracks and cars (not free).

All available from PS Store, not automatic title updates.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Add me to the List for this. Just got it today.

If I had known you wanted it I would have swapped mine for that Batman you have.