The AP Program

Lann

• 3 weeks later...

Had this in DC's PL.

Had a few problems with it but I think with some tweaking this can be a solid map

Map capacity:

I think 16 players is far too many here. It's just too crowded and there's really nowhere to go except in a circle. Conversely I think this could really work with a lesser player size, thinking maybe 6-8 max. We had I think 11 people by the time we got to this and the spawn killing was very, very real. Mobility is limited here and that's not necessarily a weakness, but can be geared to play better with fewer people.

Spawn locations:

Goes hand in hand with lobby size. 16 players = 32 spawns. That's A LOT for a small location where you're sort of confined. If you go down to say 8 (I think 6 is ideal personally) players, that's 16 locations to drop which is far more manageable. Part of the problem was the spawns out in the road, you're left wide open and many a people were killed there. The other is on the roof. I like this area but there's only 1 real way to get up there and it's by that vehicle you dropped in front of the garage. If you spawn up there you have a clear advantage over everyone else. Climbing up there is a different story and would be more fair. I'd also set traffic to off (not sure if R* turned it on or not) so people can't escape. I was thinking of having the exits blocked off entirely but having those available at least adds some avenues of travel.

Weapon choice:

The AP pistol has INSANE range and obviously boasts the highest fire rate in the game. It's not a question of if it will kill you, it's when. With such a small location I think you should make use of the lesser weapons with lesser range. I'm talking your Pistols/Combat Pistols and even Micro SMGS (because their accuracy is terrible) and Shotguns.

Rooftop:

This one's kinda up to you. I personally don't like it because there's only one access point, and it's one you have to sort of introduce by a prop since you can't get up there on your own. You could maybe take the liberty to build or construct more access points but I think the spawns up there need to go.

Overall, this location is great. It's a focal point in the city but so few have even done anything with it (from my experience). But I think because of how the area is, you need to take special care of what you build in there. This is one of those things where "less is more" .. especially in terms of players and weapons. I'm not writing this up to sound harsh or say "drop it, you can't do that here". No, on the contrary I'm giving suggestions on how I think you could make this area really work.

Edited by G37
  • Like 1

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Had this in DC's PL.

Had a few problems with it but I think with some tweaking this can be a solid map

Map capacity:

I think 16 players is far too many here. It's just too crowded and there's really nowhere to go except in a circle. Conversely I think this could really work with a lesser player size, thinking maybe 6-8 max. We had I think 11 people by the time we got to this and the spawn killing was very, very real. Mobility is limited here and that's not necessarily a weakness, but can be geared to play better with fewer people.

Spawn locations:

Goes hand in hand with lobby size. 16 players = 32 spawns. That's A LOT for a small location where you're sort of confined. If you go down to say 8 (I think 6 is ideal personally) players, that's 16 locations to drop which is far more manageable. Part of the problem was the spawns out in the road, you're left wide open and many a people were killed there. The other is on the roof. I like this area but there's only 1 real way to get up there and it's by that vehicle you dropped in front of the garage. If you spawn up there you have a clear advantage over everyone else. Climbing up there is a different story and would be more fair. I'd also set traffic to off (not sure if R* turned it on or not) so people can't escape. I was thinking of having the exits blocked off entirely but having those available at least adds some avenues of travel.

Weapon choice:

The AP pistol has INSANE range and obviously boasts the highest fire rate in the game. It's not a question of if it will kill you, it's when. With such a small location I think you should make use of the lesser weapons with lesser range. I'm talking your Pistols/Combat Pistols and even Micro SMGS (because their accuracy is terrible) and Shotguns.

Rooftop:

This one's kinda up to you. I personally don't like it because there's only one access point, and it's one you have to sort of introduce by a prop since you can't get up there on your own. You could maybe take the liberty to build or construct more access points but I think the spawns up there need to go.

Overall, this location is great. It's a focal point in the city but so few have even done anything with it (from my experience). But I think because of how the area is, you need to take special care of what you build in there. This is one of those things where "less is more" .. especially in terms of players and weapons. I'm not writing this up to sound harsh or say "drop it, you can't do that here". No, on the contrary I'm giving suggestions on how I think you could make this area really work.

Thanks G, will give it some work!

• 2 years later...