MMSC (SRL)

zmurko

Hey throwing my name in the hat and possibly (a few others) to support this mixed style championship. 

Not bothered by tracks, and will probably finish last place in most races. 

• Like 3

MMSC racing categories series 4/5

Classic rally

Classic rallying, or historic rallying, is a type of road rally suitable for most standard classic cars, with no special equipment needed (the equipment allowed depends on the particular rally). These rallies are more about enjoyment than speed, and can be a good introduction to historic motorsport (which also include race meetings, classic endurance, and hillclimbing).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classic_rally

Eligible cars for the championship:

Vapid Retinue, RWD

fT0e6dA.png

Annis Savestra, RWD

wksA5iC.png

Race settings:

3 x Non-contact and 3 Regular races, non-contact around 6-8mins long, regular around 10-12mins long, 5x Noon and 1 night race, Current weather.

Starting procedure:

In 3 non-contact races everyone drives into host's car on the start line and we go on 0:30s, in 3 regular (contact) races we will be using a reverse starting grid, based on finishing positions from the rally race. Wait at the start, so we can arrange the grid. I'll be calling out drivers from pole position to the last place, please make your way to your grid spot when called out. I'll call out a starting time when we're done arranging the grid.

Tracks:

Mixed surface tracks on real roads across Blaine County and an old racing track. 2 tarmac stages (contact), 1 (mostly) dirt stage, 2 mixed surface stages and a contact race on a "historical" track (Unsound methods).

• Like 2

MMSC racing categories series 5/5

NASCAR

Stock car racing is a form of automobile racing found mainly and most prominently in the United States and Canada, with New Zealand, Australia, Mexico, Great Britain and Brazil[1] also having forms of stock car auto racing. Traditionally, races are run on oval tracks measuring approximately 0.25 to 2.66 miles (0.4 to 4.3 kilometers). The world's largest governing body for stock car racing is the American NASCAR, and its NASCAR Cup Series is the premier top-level series of professional stock car racing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stock_car_racing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR

Eligible car for the championship:

Declasse Hotring Sabre

raPqmTH.png

Race settings:

GTA mode (for borrowing cars only, no weapons), Noon, Clear weather. Catchup and Slipstream ON. Races will be around 8mins long.

Starting procedure:

Normal start on GO.

Tracks:

5 ovals and an oval road course. 4 real life oval recreations and an imaginary one plus Daytona Road course.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway, 9 degrees banking in the turns
Martinsville Speedway, one of the first paved tracks in Nascar, opened in 1947, 12 degrees banking in the turns
American Mile, an imaginary Nascar track, 25 degrees banking in the turns, 15 degrees on straights
Pocono Raceway, a triangular shaped "oval", with 3 turns
Texas Motor Speedway, quad oval with turns 1&2 banked at 20 degrees, turns 3&4 banked at 24 degrees and straights at 5 degrees
Daytona International Speedway Road Course

Not many votes came in, but 2 tracks still received a majority of them and they've been picked for first 2 weeks in GT & V8 part of the championship.

Planned first weeks tracks:

GT: Downtown Dash by @no_snacks,  5 laps

V8: Kortz Center Circuit by @JuniorChubb, 9 laps

Rally: McKenzie Raceway 2020 by Brady_Imawesome, 4 laps

Classic Rally: High Octane Rally (non-contact) by martin_170, 4 laps

Nascar: Indianapolis Speedway by @no_snacks, 15 laps

I'll add number of laps tonight when I run them all through.
There's still time to sign up though, up until the start of the first week's PL.

See you all on Sunday!

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 5

Is everyone ready and excited for the launch of MMSC?

Walk Up Chase Elliott GIF by Hooters

I'll be showing up in my Obey cars for the GT&Rally part and Retinue in the classic rally. Can't wait to see how they stack up to the rest of the cars.

Few notes:

- In the classic rally track (High Octane Rally), route turns right after the start/finish line in case anyone hasn't previewed/practiced the track. Straight on is the pits.

- we start on 30s in all non-contact races (3 tonight), everyone drives into host's car after GO

- we'll arrange a reverse starting grid and start on a sticky bomb explosion in the Buffalo race (Kortz Center, V8)

- I've been having some issues with my mic, others not really being able to hear me this week, hopefully this isn't the case tonight. If it is, I might need some help arranging the grid in the V8 race.

• Like 5

Sorry I didn’t vote for tracks as I’m not good at knowing which is a better since I’m hitting stuff regardless. lol. 

Can we get a quick summary of what we need for racing later today? Which cars are needed, that kind of thing. Thanks.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

@Confive cars needed:

What you will need is 5 custom cars, one for each discipline. Most of them you probably already have.

1. One of 5 GT cars: Jester racecar, Massacro racecar, Schlagen GT, 8F Drafter or Elegy Retro Custom (regular Jester&Massacro also allowed, but they don't have an option to apply a racing livery)
2. Bravado Sprunk Buffalo for the V8 races
3. One of 4 Rally cars: GB200, Omnis, Tropos or Comet Safari
4. Annis Savestra or Vapid Retinue for the Classic rally races
5. Declasse Hotring Sabre for NASCAR races.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey @zmurkoI think I own all the cars needed but am hesitant to join due to other distractions.  
However, If you don’t mind, I’d be more than willing to compete at the back of the pack. 🙂

• Like 1

Week 1 of MMSC is done and I'd like to thank everyone for racing last night. Everything went more or less smoothly, so thanks for your patience and cooperation. We've only had 1 disconnection (Dave), which unfortunately also saw FoxUnit being kicked out of a borrowed car in the last race. Racing was definitely of high level and me personally haven't felt the same adrenaline rush in GTA for quite a while (only some H2Hs come to mind); heart rate was high all night long and I really enjoyed myself, eventhough I've lost positions to Fido in 2 races in pretty much last corners. 🙂 Well done everyone!

Congratulations to @DavidCore89 for outstanding peformances last night and for taking the lead in the championship. We've had 4 different winners in 5 races and we can probably expect some new faces at the top in week 2 when hopefully @RammsteinDUDE joins us too and @Schumi6581 gets to race all categories.

Full results from week 1 and championship standings have been updated in the 2nd post of this topic here:

https://www.rockstarsocialclub.net/forums/topic/22008-mmsc-srl/?do=findComment&comment=229174

Week 2 will see the same tracks (except Nascar), just switched between GT&V8 and Rally categories, so:

GT: Kortz Center Circuit (NC), 6 laps
V8: Downtown Dash, 8 laps
Rally: High Octane Rally (NC), 4 laps
Classic Rally: McKenzie Raceway (contact race), 7 laps
Nascar: Martinsville Speedway, 25 laps

If anyone has any footage of last night races, please don't hesitate to post it here, as I wouldn't mind seeing some of the races from your perspectives, especially couple of spectacular Nascar crashes. 😄

See you all again this Sunday! Anyone can still join the championship, even compete for final glory, as only your 5 best results count towards your final score.

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 7

Thanks @zmurkofor a great nights racing.  I was really enjoying myself up until the blue screen of death when my playstation decided it had enough.  Despair was quickly replaced with hilarity when I remembered that Fox had borrowed my car and would be stranded on an oval in his boxer shorts with a load of Nascars hurtling towards him.  I look forward to that video.  I'm also looking forward to next week when I can regret picking the GB200 for a bouncy off road track and regret picking the Retinue when the Savestras blast past on the long straights.  Still, it worked out well for me this week.  Thanks again!

• Like 5

Appreciate you letting me attend. Most likely won’t participate any more as I don’t own a Savestra or Retinue. 

I’ll keep my eye out for the next event. 

1 hour ago, omarcomin71 said:

Appreciate you letting me attend. Most likely won’t participate any more as I don’t own a Savestra or Retinue. 

I have a heist almost ready. You could join the finale and I'd happily give you a 85% cut if money is a problem 🙂

• Like 3

That’s very nice of you and appreciate the offer @Fido_le_muet but money isn’t really an issue.  🙂 
Honestly I just would rather not spend money on a car for event where I wouldn’t be competing. Plus there’s a possibly I’d miss a week or two. 

Edited by omarcomin71

On 11/23/2020 at 5:06 PM, omarcomin71 said:

Everyone is more than welcome to join, even if they don't plan to race every weekend.

Savestras and Retinues will be available to borrow this week and 2 more Sundays (in contact races).

Nobody should feel like they don't belong in the PL, for whatever reason, not owning a car, not being able to attend every week, ... just treat it like a casual racing PL whenever you can attend.

Just a heads up. This week we have a slightly tighter and shorter Nascar track (I believe first one was the widest on the calendar), so it will probably be even more chaotic, as you also probably can't really go full throttle through the turns, especially when you can't take an ideal racing line because of the traffic. So a little caution is adviced. 😉

Week 2 of MMSC tonight at usual time!

2014-Blancpain-season-review-1.jpg

GT: Kortz Center Circuit (NC), 6 laps
V8: Downtown Dash, 8 laps
Rally: High Octane Rally (NC), 4 laps
Classic Rally: McKenzie Raceway (contact race), 7 laps
Nascar: Martinsville Speedway, 25 laps

2 non-contact races tonight, both time followed by a reverse grid contact race. Same tracks as last week, just switched around. We'll finish it off with a chaotic Hotring Sabre race.

We start on 30s in both non-contact races and on a sticky bomb explosion in V8 and Classic rally races. Normal start in the last race, unless someone needs a car spawned.

Did you manage to obtain a free Sprunk Buffalo @Protocawl or will you be needing one tonight as well?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lann said:

Looking forward to this. Will the Savestra drivers get a revenge, will the brave GB200 suffer, will team Jester be able to repeat last weeks double?

I just took the GB200 for a spin on a rally track and I'm thinking about renaming it the GB2020 because it always feels like there's another disaster waiting around the next corner until it all eventually climaxes in a horrendous Brexit at the final hairpin.

• Haha 4

Week 2 saw more good racing and 3 new winners, with a newcomer @Spinnaker1981 taking 2 wins, @Fido_le_muet and @TheFox2000unit getting their first wins and @DavidCore89 keeping a winning streak alive and also keeping his lead in the championship, eventhough @mulder closed the gap by 10 points with gathering most points in week 2. Biggest loser of week 2 was @zmurko, dropping 4 positions in the championship standings, rumours say he was driving under influence in week 2, hence such a poor performance.

Rain made an apperance in the GT race, giving drivers in Obey 8F Drafters a slight advantage until the track dried out and they took great advantage of that, taking top 2 positions and a 4th place.

Reports say, V8 race displayed some fine close racing at the front with quite a few lead exchanges throughout the race, but also quite a spread of cars in the 2nd half of the field, as the track didn't really allow much of a comeback after a mistake or two.

Rally race saw a mix of different cars in top 4 positions, with drivers in GB200 showing enough skill to keep them going on 4 wheels and facing forwards through most of the race and both of Colin McRae's compatriots taking the lead in this category after week 2.

We had a bit of a revenge from Savestras in the classic rally tarmac stage, with them congregating near the top, but a very brave and outstanding performance from @DavidCore89 in the Vapid Retinue denied them a win.

Final race in the Nascar category was chaotic as expected, starting in the rain, with plenty of crashes, nudges, wall rides, spin outs, etc ... with newcomer @Spinnaker1981 coming out on top and 2 Scotsmen showing enough elbow for the other 2 podium positions.

Championship standings have been updated in the 2nd post of this topic:
https://www.rockstarsocialclub.net/forums/topic/22008-mmsc-srl/?do=findComment&comment=229174

Onto week 3 now, with a set of new tracks for all categories. Will DC be able to keep the lead, will we see new winners, will @RammsteinDUDE's boss finally let him have a chance to participate, all will be answered this coming Sunday at usual time. See you all there and don't forget to vote for GT/V8 tracks.

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 5