MMSC (SRL)

zmurko

Hey @zmurko,

Thanks as always for hosting last night.  I find myself really looking forward to the Sunday nights mixed racing. It really is a cracking concept.   Catch you again soon!

• Like 1

Week 3 is behind us and the championship race is starting to get more intense. @mulder takes the lead, with @DavidCore89 dropping to 3rd place with a poor 3rd week performance, while @SkyeDave takes a big jump from 5th to 2nd position in general standings by collecting most points in week 3. Another big jump in the standings is made by @Protocawl with 2 wins this week and taking the lead in the 'best of the rest' atm. Can he get a taste of the podium in the following weeks? He can definitely smell it now, so we'll see how everyone does next week.

Updated Championship standings

Tracks for week 4 are already set, with some special rally stages, a triangular "oval" and first apperance by the famous Surfers Paradise Street Circuit chicanes.

Spoiler

Week 4 tracks:

GT: Gold Coast 600 by @no_snacks, 7 laps

V8: David Bowie Speedway by Flaming_bow7, 7 laps

Rally: Redwood Sparks RX by Dirt-Truck, 7 laps

Classic Rally: Unsound Methods by Flaming_bow7, 17 laps

Nascar: Pocono 400 by WIGSPLITTA, 10 laps

See you all again on Sunday.

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 5

We're back! Week 4 of the championship.

beach_Chicane-Rd7-13-2911.jpg

It probably sees the hardest GT track with the dreaded multiple chicanes on the backstraight. Can you handle them 7 times without them catching you off guard?

Those that wont do well on the Gold coast will be in prime position to take a podium place in the V8 race, where a close race with very little overtaking opportunities is expected.

Can Omnis finally battle for the win in the Rally special stage or will @mulder's Tropos Rallye deny them again?

SPORT-QUATTRO-E2-768x439.jpg

Another tough week for the pack of glorious Retinues, as Savestras try to take advantage of an all tarmac race on a short Sandy Shores Airport track. It should be close and intense 17 laps of chicanes, hairpins and banked corners on an old style racing track with no safety features.

This week brings a wide and pretty flat triangular oval for the Nascar race, that should see a full throttle slipstream affair with plenty of space for overtaking. Who'll be the luckiest or smartest at the end of it?

See you all tonight behind the Xero Gas warehouse at usual time!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, zmurko said:

Absolutely. More than welcome to join.

Cool, can I pick any car I want in the classes where more cars are competing? 

Week 4 is done and dusted!

Updates results here

Can't really give you a colourful descriptions of last nights racing, as I was mostly near the back with my own struggles through the night.

Gold Coast and its chicanes definitely took its victims, including myself. I was in solid 2nd position with a decent gap behind me right until lap 6 and the last of the chicanes, where it all started to go (deep) south. Recovered by only losing 2 positions, but then had another major crash on lap 7 and a solid position dissapeared down the drain.

GT race looked to be competitive at the front (on the minimap), while some of us struggled at the back, making small mistakes and letting cars pass us position after position.

Rally races are nothing to write home about from my perspective, as I clearly lacked pace, while small mistakes only made it look even worse. I actually had to dig deep on the Unsound Methods track during last few laps, as I was in danger of getting lapped by the leaders. Luckily I've found a fast(er) way through the first chicane by lap 7 or 8, so I wasn't losing that much time anymore. Hairpins still remain my achilles' heel, as I experimented with different breaking points and speeds going around that corner through all of 17 laps without success.

Nascar race was another slipstream fest and being too aggressive through the pack cost me a few spin outs and having to splistream my way back to the front twice, with the help from the Dutch drivers. Finish was definitely the closest we've had so far with top 9 cars crossing the line within 0.8s.

@RammsteinDUDE comes on top in Week 4, gathering most points out of all drivers in his debut in the championship. @mulder increases his lead in the championship, while drivers in positions 2&3, 4&5 and 6&7 switch their places.

Thanks for racing everyone and I'll see you all next week for week 5 before we take a (snowy) holiday break.

Tracks for Week 5:

GT: Laguna Park by jbcarfreek, 8 laps

V8: Gold Coast 600 by @no_snacks,  12 laps

Rally: A Rally Experience by @Protocawl, P2P

Classic Rally: Seed Rally by nV-Harey (Non-contact), Night stage, 3 laps

Nascar: Texas Motor Speedway by WIGSPLITTA, 16 laps

*Number of laps to be added during the week

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 3

Cheers, Z.

Did better this week, but made a big mistake in the first race and just couldn't catch up.

Enjoyed the runway race at Sandy Shores the most. Mulder was gradually catching me with each lap, started to feel the pressure and after each chicane I was looking back to judge the gap 😅

• Like 1

tropical GIF

5th round tonight, make sure you put your supressors on your guns, we'll be doing it sneaky&silent.

Oh wait ... we're not robbing El Rubio tonight again, are we?

Uhmm, bring your go-karts and we'll meet at the big parking garage in the middle, where we'll attempt at actually racing these death machines before the PL, eventhough R* says we can't.

And another thing. Invites haven't worked for the last few days, including sending invites to the jobs to players not in the same lobby, so we have to jump through some hoops in order to race tonight.

I'll make sure I have a lobby open 15min before start and you can actually only join me through the Playstation Friends menu. This worked on Friday at least.

See you all tonight.

• Like 4

Well done everyone for some fine racing last night and making it through Week 5.

Results have been updated here

Not many surprising results really. Laguna Park proved to be a well balanced track for our GT vehicle selection, as we have seen all the cars making an appearance in the front pack at some point during the race and a little bit of oversteer or a wider line meant losing a position immediately.

Gold Coast took some casualties again and even displayed an overtake or two out of the chicanes, as one time @Fido_le_muet took an ideal line, carried some insane speed through the chicanes and suprised @zmurko in front of him by taking an inside position in the next corner and then completed an impressive overtake.

Raton Canyon was a challenge again in the Rally stage and rewarded some with a decent gap and allowing them to keep it until the end.

No idea what happened in the night stage of the Classic Rally, as I h*mped the railing in the first corner and developed a huge gap immediately, so the rest of the race was just a struggle to reduce the gap then. :classic_laugh:

Nascar track required constant concentration and a fight to stay in a decent position, as it wasn't so easy to make it through the pack. Everyone went for it in the last corner and @mulder took the win and cemented his lead in the Nascar standings as well as in General standings.

We only have the final week left now, which will take place after New Years on a first Sunday without snow (most likely on 3rd of January).

V8 race will visit the famous Mt. Panorama circuit, Nascar race will take place on a Road Course at Daytona (there's right turns too!!!), while the other 3 categories will race on the same hill track voted by participants. I'll figure out how to play this out, as R* doesn't let us put the same job in a PL more than once. Event will most likely be split in 2 "playlists", with rally races taking place first, then GT & V8 and a Nascar race to top it off.

Options for the final track:

A  Le Meh-ns 24h by sloshyboy

B  Nurburgring 2018 by Brady_Imawesome

C  Route 86 Grand Prix by Brady_Imawesome

Make sure to cast your vote in the next 2 weeks.

See you all in 2021. Until then, don't forget about the VANS and XDBX get together for some snow racing on 30th:

• Like 4

If everything goes to plan and there's no snow on Sunday, we have 6th and final round of the championship to do, so don't forget to vote for a GT & both rallies track.

Options for the final track:

A  Le Meh-ns 24h by sloshyboy

B  Nurburgring 2018 by Brady_Imawesome

C  Route 86 Grand Prix by Brady_Imawesome

I'd like to vote for B please.  I had a good run there in the Massacro in the Manufacturers Cup and even as I type this I realise I'm treating it like I have some kind of fictional racing career.

Disregard the sentiment but count the vote!  B for me!

See you guys Sunday.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

I'd like to vote for B please.  I had a good run there in the Massacro in the Manufacturers Cup and even as I type this I realise I'm treating it like I have some kind of fictional racing career.

Disregard the sentiment but count the vote!  B for me!

See you guys Sunday.

What do you mean fictional?! 😮

I thought...

hungover james corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

😕

• Haha 2