MMSC (SRL)

zmurko

Nurburgring it is then with 3 votes.

We will do both rally races first by me hosting the Nurburgring track as solo job and then us hitting replay on the voting screen once and after the classic rally race everyone hits the 'Freeroam' option on the voting screen where I'll then launch a 3 jobs PL with remaining tracks (GT, V8 & Nascar). Hopefully we don't lose anyone in the process.

As a safety net, we'll most likely have a Party open as well in case someone drops out and needs to rejoin (unless we have more than 16 joining the event).

I'll have a lobby (&Party) open around 15mins before the start, so everyone can join through the friends list in the PSN menu.

See you all tomorrow night!

• Like 3

Here are the standings in each category after 5 weeks with drivers listed who still have a chance for a podium position before we head into the last round. Remember, your worst score doesn't count towards your final score, so you can't really gain that much in the final round, with a few exceptions (someone who hasn't participated in every race).

The most open category is GT with 3 drivers still with a chance to win the category and 3 others with a chance for a podium position.

Driver GT points Worst score
mulder69 116 18
DavidCore89 116 16
SKYDAVE 101 13
zmurko 99 16
lann3fors 87 12
TheFox2000unit 78 0

We already have a guaranteed winner in 2 categories, V8 and Rally, so congratulations to @Protocawl and @mulder for winning the respective categories.

Driver V8 points Worst score  
Protocawl 128 18 Already won
SKYDAVE 115 18  
GTP_Fido_le_muet 109 13  
mulder69 98 11  

Driver Rallly points Worst score  
mulder69 135 20 Already won
SKYDAVE 113 22  
lann3fors 108 18  

Only @SkyeDave has a slight chance to change the winner of the remaining 2 categories, but only if he wins the final round and current leaders finish below a certain place.

Driver Classic R. Worst score  
DavidCore89 126 16  
SKYDAVE 108 11 Needs to win & DC place 6th or below
mulder69 101 13  
Protocawl 100 12  
lann3fors 91 14  
GTP_Fido_le_muet 88 14  
zmurko 86 12  

Driver Nascar points Worst score  
mulder69 117 18  
DavidCore89 92 11  
SKYDAVE 90 0 Needs to win & mulder place 4th or below
GTP_Fido_le_muet 83 11  
zmurko 83 12  
lann3fors 77 13  
Protocawl 73 11  
ajbns87 72 0  
TheFox2000unit 64 0  

General standings are a bit more complicated, but here is where we stand now and everyone's maximum potential improvement (winning every race in the final round). Only @DavidCore89 and @SkyeDave still have a chance for winning the championship, mostly Dave with one score of 0, while DC would need to win at least 4 races to even have a chance.

# Driver TOTAL Maximum potential gain (5 wins)
1 mulder69 567 70
2 SKYDAVE 527 82
3 DavidCore89 493 80
4 Protocawl 454 96
5 lann3fors 441 81
6 GTP_Fido_le_muet 436 87
7 zmurko 420 85

Should be a good final week with a few trophies still up for grabs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here it is, final round of MMSC!

yFyrS3I.jpg

Tonight's schedule to crown the winner of the championship.

We'll start with a Rally race:

- Nurburgring 2018 by Brady_Imawesome, 2 laps Non-contact

Then everyone hits Replay on the voting screen and we continue with a Classic Rally race:

- Nurburgring 2018 by Brady_Imawesome, 3 laps

Then everyone hits Freeroam on the voting screen and I'll invite you to the final 3 races playlist of the season:

- GT race on Nurburgring 2018 by Brady_Imawesome, 2 laps Non-contact

- V8 race on Mt Panorama Circuit by @JuniorChubb, 10 laps

- Nascar race on Daytona Road Course by LOCman777, 12 laps with Catchup and Slipstream still ON (as usual)

Should be a good evening of competitive racing and I'm hoping for a good turnout.

As you know, invites are still nit working, so make sure to join me through the PSN friends menu before the start and we'll meet at the usual place behind the Xero Gas warehouse. I'll have a lobby open 15mins before the start.

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 4

We've come to the end of the championship. First I'd like to thank everyone who took part in it, even if it was just for a single race or all 30 of them. I really appreciate everyone following all the procedures and rules, which made my job a lot easier, as the playlists ran pretty smoothly without me needing explaining things over and over again.

4 drivers took part and finished every single race and 2 drivers completed 29 races (both suffered disconnection in one of them). We've had 18 total participants throughout the championship, with 9 different drivers winning at least one race.

Last week only saw 6 drivers taking part, which offered them a great opportunity to improve some of their scores. There were still some open questions regarding final positions before last round, but it was obvious after the first (or second) race, that @mulder will not allow any surprises on top, collecting two 2nd places, while both @SkyeDave and @DavidCore89 failed to win them, which was their only hope of winning the championship. On the other hand @Protocawl was red hot in the final round, winning 3 races and coming 2nd and 3rd in the other two and therefore managed to overtake @DavidCore89, who had been celebrating his birthday all day and wasn't in top form, mostly fighting with barriers on the Nurburgring. This meant that @Protocawl claimed the last podium spot in the championship.

Drivers took on Nurburgring first in 3 different categories over 7 laps (5 too many for DC I'm guessing). There were several trips off the track by different drivers, but at the end @Protocawl took 2 wins, while @Fido_le_muet celebrated his 3rd win in the championship.

4th race took place on Mt Panorama circuit in a storm of the century (by Australian standards anyway), rain pouring down for almost 11 laps straight, with track finally semi drying only on the last lap. Drivers did their best to figure out breaking points, reduced grip in the corners and some weird divine light at times, but @Protocawl beat @mulder in a close race and won his 7th race of the season, while @SkyeDave studied cloud formations and chased cows during the race.

Final race was expected to be the usual Nascar Slipstream&Catchup affair, but for the first time in the championship, drivers were faced with right hand corners and a need to actually break, which took some drivers by surprise. At the end @mulder put an exclamation mark at the end of the championship by claiming his 7th win of the season.

So congratulations to @mulder for winning the Multi Motosport Championship!

Final championship standings:

# Driver Total points
1 mulder69 612
2 SKYDAVE 563
3 Protocawl 537
4 DavidCore89 515
5 GTP_Fido_le_muet 488
6 zmurko 447
7 lann3fors 441
8 TheFox2000unit 338
9 ajbns87 254
10 RammsteinDUDE 198
11 Con-9mm 97
12 Spinnaker1981 93
13 Deesai 81
14 Schumi6581 58
15 TOX1C_SUNS3T 56
16 omarcomin71 50
17 tiander 13
18 ETHEREAL_NYC 7

Winners and podiums for all categories:

GT

1. @DavidCore89, Dinka Jester Racecar, 122pts
2. @mulder, Benefactor Schlagen GT, 118pts
3. @SkyeDave, Dewbauchee Massacro Racecar, 106pts

V8

1. @Protocawl, 140pts
2. @SkyeDave, 119pts
3. @Fido_le_muet, 116pts

Rally

1. @mulder, Lampadati Tropos Rally, 140pts
2. @SkyeDave, Vapid GB200, 113pts
3. @Lann, Vapid GB200, 108pts

Classic Rally

1. @DavidCore89, Vapid Retinue, 126pts
2. @Protocawl, Vapid Retinue, 118pts
3. @SkyeDave, Vapid Retinue, 117pts

Nascar

1. @mulder, 129pts
2. @SkyeDave, 108pts
3. @DavidCore89, 97pts

All the race winners in first season:

@mulder, 7 wins

@Protocawl, 7 wins

@DavidCore89, 5 wins

@SkyeDave, 3 wins

@Fido_le_muet, 3 wins

@Spinnaker1981, 2 wins

@Schumi6581, 1 win

@TheFox2000unit, 1 win

@RammsteinDUDE, 1 win

Well done everyone! I'll call the championship a success, hopefully everyone found something to enjoy and/or claimed a few personal victories on the way. See you all in SRL next week.

Edited by zmurko
  • Like 6

You'd be right to call it a success@zmurkoThank you so much for putting this all together and having the dedication to run it for so many Sundays in a row.  As the Moto GP and Formula 1 seasons drew to a close my Sunday motorsport fix was now the sole responsibility of you and the MMSC and it managed it brilliantly. There were some epic, intense races (I was even enjoying the Nascar races by the end of it) and driving the same cars every week, with the same good people and on well made tracks was like putting on a familiar, if slightly worn out, dressing gown each Sunday evening, bringing comfort and joy and helping to signal the end of the week.  Except of the course that GB2020 Brexit edition.  That thing can get f*cked.   

My only suggestions for next time around would be to perhaps consider handicapping @mulderin some way like, I don't know, maybe breaking both his thumbs?

Also, I think the winner should not necessarily be the person with the most points or wins but perhaps the driver who was most consistent, by say, I don't know, if someone managed to be the only driver to finish in the top 3 in every class for example........?  That would be the true winner in my eyes.

Seriously though, thanks very much.  

See you all next Sunday.

Edited by SkyeDave
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, SkyeDave said:

My only suggestions for next time around would be to perhaps consider handicapping @mulderin some way like, I don't know, maybe breaking both his thumbs?

Also, I think the winner should not necessarily be the person with the most points or wins but perhaps the driver who was most consistent, by say, I don't know, if someone managed to be the only driver to finish in the top 3 in every class for example........?  That would be the true winner in my eyes.

Seriously though, thanks very much.  

See you all next Sunday.

I wonder who could that be ... :classic_laugh: But yeah, you were the most consistent, or shall we say the most versatile driver, comfortable in every car it seems. Well done, perhaps you do represent the true spirit of MMSC.

As far as handicaping @mulder goes, we'll let you handle this when the time comes. Nobody needs to know about it. :classic_ninja:

• Haha 2

Really great event, nice variety of cars and tracks. Over the last few months/years/my whole bloody life, I’ve had to listen to Dave go on at length about various things, but mostly the time he puts into organising his events and his write ups. I just want to mention that without any bias on my part, I can safely say that you do a far better job @zmurko and the effort is appreciated👍. Partly because I don’t have to hear about it but mostly because it’s true 😁.

Looking forward to this weekend, I’ll go and dust off my sports classics....

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1