Updates GTA

Lann

Its bad enough that the PS5 is built crappy in certain aspects compared to what you would get on the Xbox Series X to feel motivated to get one. Now to show a game that's basically the lesser of a 6 years old PC version. I might as well dollar cost average what I can get a decent 6800 or 3070 TI pre built PC for. Too bad the PC hackers would prevent cross play because of their money hacks.

16 hours ago, Smurf said:

Its bad enough that the PS5 is built crappy in certain aspects compared to what you would get on the Xbox Series X to feel motivated to get one. Now to show a game that's basically the lesser of a 6 years old PC version. I might as well dollar cost average what I can get a decent 6800 or 3070 TI pre built PC for. Too bad the PC hackers would prevent cross play because of their money hacks.

Except that money hacks are now a thing of the past on PC. Sure there are the same glitches they have on console but it is no longer a part of most any menu. R* figured out how they did it and has implemented a server side check that makes the transactions traceable and players were getting banned. 

Aside from that. Don’t believe the hype you read on message boards and such. I played on PC for over a year and rarely ever had a problem. Sure, there are *ssholes there but there are far more people that just want to play the game and use menus for just that purpose. They let us know who is using one and what they are doing with it. GM *sshole killing people? Kick. 

I will be playing this on my PS5 but I know that no matter what they enhance it will NEVER, EVER compare to playing the game on a properly setup PC. That goes for any game. They may have have powerful and highly capable parts but their individual settings are still set by the developer and on lock down for the end user. 

Edited by Sinister

@Sinister I literally watched a money hack live stream 

After reading your comment, though I already knew they still exist because of the streamers I watch. There is still invincibility glitch even on console but it's good to know you don't encounter much issues when your playing. They will do one of the 3 take your money with warning on the 1st violation, reset your account though there was a way to bypass it through the social club website or as you said a straight up banned. Also saw a modded PC version man it looked good. Wish the trailer was like the gameplay I saw.

Players streaming are beyond stupid. R* watches that stuff had swings the ban hammer frequently. Anyone doing it is most likely using their own menu because the smart ones will pull your license if they find out you are doing stuff like that. 

In the end though other players can do whatever they please. Players glitching money have no effect on me. Same with any other nonsense they may pull. All it takes is a few bucks and they cannot touch you anyways. It’s the children with no drive or attention spam that beg for money anyways.

As for any new version, it is what it is. No amount of tweaking will change the fact that this is an 8 year old, broken PS3 game that has the most toxic user base on the planet. Sure, myself and many others still enjoy playing it but it’s only because we don’t have anything else like it so we make do.

1 minute ago, pete_95973 said:

This is horrible news if true.  No parachuting, Drop Zone, Power Play, Hardest Target or original Hunting Pack?

I know, cant be so right..

Going to miss a few of these things but for the most part they were all garbage that NOBODY ever played. Odd to see Parachuting and Sea Races removed. They will cycle through these things throughout the weeks and make them 3x though.

Game is so old and filled with stuff that they have to remove most of it to make room for future content. Incredibly stupid thing to do. Just bury the rotted corpse and make a new f*cking game already.

I expect these will be back in the next gen only version of GTA Online, incentivising players to move across and keep the game going for another generation so they don't have to make anything else ever.  

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 7:40 AM, LimeGreenLegend said:

I expect these will be back in the next gen only version of GTA Online, incentivising players to move across and keep the game going for another generation so they don't have to make anything else ever.  

Hence the Expanded part of the title. 

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

Hence the Expanded part of the title. 

Can you call it expanded when you're just adding back stuff you previously took out?  Maybe they should call it re-panded.

• Haha 2

I dont understand...

If the jobs still exist then theyre still occurring server space. Why the need to remove then re-add them? Just leave them in the game. There's no way these take up so much data that R* and their billions of $$ cant afford the tiny space it takes. There has to be more to it, and rotating availability is simply not good enough nor justified.

• Like 1

I have to admit, I had hoped that the removal of these jobs was to rerelease them with a higher capacity.

Most of the jobs are limited to 8 players, and theyre fun, but usually we have more than 8 people so they dont get used.

Hopefully with the ps5 release these jobs will remain with an increase to capacity. If not for testing interest, I see no other reason for keeping them as a rotation when they'll still use the same data.