New Summer Update Thread

pete_95973

New Sharpshooter Ability card really seems to work quite well for those that like to duel wield pistols. I'm currently on level 2 and note a marked improvement in accuracy. Works great on npc and players. Level 3 should be outstanding!

Tips on Ability cards: I'm actively ranking up various cards, not all of them because some are just stupid. If you don't want to run with that card/cards all the time, just take some time just before delivering a bounty, resupply or sale , change the ability card loadout to get the XP from those activity. Just change it back to your regular loadout after finishing.

• Like 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zztop911

• Sinister

• pete_95973

• piotras

20 hours ago, Burgermauger said:

I hate this camp missing/not setting up bug. 

Same. About to uninstall this shit again because I have tried numerous times today and it will not set up my camp. My interest is in the Trader Role that requires a fucking camp.

Edited by SINISTER120

6 hours ago, Sinister said:

I have tried numerous times today and it will not set up my camp. My interest is in the Trader Role that requires a fucking camp.

Had the same problem, then I tried using the permanent posse camp and seemed to work - the camp is there most of the time now. But I have to be in the posse forever...

Edited by Protocawl

42 minutes ago, Dodge said:

I overheard @zztop911 talking about the skill page. What is this, and where is it?

In your satchel under documents. You have to read them for them to be active.

• Thanks 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

7 hours ago, Dodge said:

I overheard @zztop911 talking about the skill page. What is this, and where is it?

You get them as you progress through the ranks of the different roles. They are how you learn the weapon spins, dead eye plus, etc.

Pause menu, progress, roles, will show you the ranks and unlocks.

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dodge said:

When I checked Cribbs today, my pelts were half filled. Does doing things with a posse also count towards your own stuff?  

I believe it does. 

I was playing a couple days ago, and my materials were empty. I joined a friend's posse, and we hunted and filled his materials while waiting for his goods to get full. We made the sale, he abandoned the posse, and I went to my own camp and my materials were at about half. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if a similar sort of weirdness has always happened as I never used my camp much before this update. So first of all the camp moved with no message. I just glanced at the minimap and thought my camp icon was in completly the place, checked the main map and it had definitely moved, but with no message saying Cripps had re-pitched it. Then I got a message saying Cripps is out of supplies, which was odd as I'd just done a supply mission a couple of minutes earlier. I went to the camp and tried to do a new supply mission but I couldn't; it said Cripps was not available despite the fact I could see him there. I walked around the camp intending to see if anything else was not working and I noticed a body on the floor. I went over to it and it was Cripps with a bullet hole in his back! A NPC rode past and I got a message saying I was wanted for murder. I lost the law and came back to camp and Cripps was nowhere to be seen. Logged out, logged back in and it was all back to normal.

48 minutes ago, djw180 said:

I don't know if a similar sort of weirdness has always happened as I never used my camp much before this update. So first of all the camp moved with no message. I just glanced at the minimap and thought my camp icon was in completly the place, checked the main map and it had definitely moved, but with no message saying Cripps had re-pitched it. Then I got a message saying Cripps is out of supplies, which was odd as I'd just done a supply mission a couple of minutes earlier. I went to the camp and tried to do a new supply mission but I couldn't; it said Cripps was not available despite the fact I could see him there. I walked around the camp intending to see if anything else was not working and I noticed a body on the floor. I went over to it and it was Cripps with a bullet hole in his back! A NPC rode past and I got a message saying I was wanted for murder. I lost the law and came back to camp and Cripps was nowhere to be seen. Logged out, logged back in and it was all back to normal.

Well, the reason you could not access him was that someone shot him and killed him. the other about picking up the camp, that is just a stupid glitch that's going on now.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Random event with the dog led me to a dead woman. There was another woman there that tried to ambush me and he dog attacked me. I killed both and looted both women.

I think R* wanted me to see the dead woman.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

The Collector role can be very lucrative, especially with a few tools. 

ONLY SELL COLLECTIONS!

Interactive Collector map.......Thanks Cap!....... https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/

Metal Detector

Shovel

Eagle Eye while sprinting and on horse on run.

With the map, you can plan your route and check with your satchel to see what you're lacking. You can hold 10 of each item.

Put a way point on your target area, get out your Metal Detector and put your horse on cruise control.  You can use Eagle Eye while in transit to get those items. Stop as soon as you feel vibrations for the random item spawns.

I collected MASSIVE amounts of items yesterday and sold several collections to the Gypsy.

It's a great method to make money and XP for Club Ranks, Role Rank and game rank.

Spend some time testing this out. I think you;ll be quite pleased with the results.

• Like 4

Because Fat Buds Matter!

I'm really liking the update. I've unlocked all my roles, levelled a bit in each to see how they work. Went from level 1 to 17 of the dlc pass in a few hours yesterday evening. Overall balance between the gameplay and monetisation feels much more player friendly than before (and drastically different from GTAO) and it seems R* really listened to feedback. For instance, I enormously enjoy having more reasons to travel to different parts of the map; bounties (legendary especially) bring in more storytelling/immersion into free mode; tracking my first bounty on a moving train and the other event where everyone's trying to control a train was fab - had a lot of flashbacks to our own 'death train' months ago.

I'm still learning the ropes but the three roles seem to work nicely together, I kind settled into a routine:

• start with hunting and collecting stuff that is on my way to the camp (checking the map https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/; thanks @CapGunPewPew for sharing!),
  • at the camp make the top quality "XP stew", throw any remaining hunting materials at Cripps and do a resupply mission if needed,
  • head to a bounty board hunting and collecting on the way as before, do a bounty or two
  • head back to the camp and rinse and repeat

I throw in some daily challenges here and there but don't really go out of my way to do them. Can't say much about the rewards/return on investments or how quickly it all will become too repetitive but for the time being I love the relaxing wild west atmosphere of it all. If anyone is still not sold on the update I'd really recommend trying it out. Hopefully could spice it up soon with you guys by hunting larger bounties or doing the large and far deliveries! 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Just got the collectors thing, don't think I'll do any of it.  Feels like GTA business work that I also never did.

It feels a little less like work to me.  It is kind of a fun way to just explore the map.  On the way to finding the items I will hunt and look for events/side missions etc.

2 hours ago, zztop911 said:

The Collector role can be very lucrative, especially with a few tools. 

ONLY SELL COLLECTIONS!

Interactive Collector map.......Thanks Cap!....... https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/

Metal Detector

Shovel

Eagle Eye while sprinting and on horse on run.

Explain the metal detector and the shovel.  Are there things you cannot get without them?  Or do they just make things easier.  I was using @CapGunPewPew's map last night and found a lot of stuff.  There were one or two locations I went to though that I did not find the item.  Is this because I didn't have the shovel or metal detector?

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

1 hour ago, pete_95973 said:

It feels a little less like work to me.  It is kind of a fun way to just explore the map.  On the way to finding the items I will hunt and look for events/side missions etc.

Explain the metal detector and the shovel.  Are there things you cannot get without them?  Or do they just make things easier.  I was using @CapGunPewPew's map last night and found a lot of stuff.  There were one or two locations I went to though that I did not find the item.  Is this because I didn't have the shovel or metal detector?

Yes, there are items you cannot find/get without those items.

You need the Shovel to dig up the items that are buried in dirt mounds. The metal detector is used to find buried items that aren’t shown by a mound of dirt. 

1 hour ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Just got the collectors thing, don't think I'll do any of it.  Feels like GTA business work that I also never did.

No work involved at all. They are things that are found while exploring the map. It is the best role in that it gives me a reason to ride around this beautiful map. 

2 hours ago, AlCohonez said:

I'm really liking the update. I've unlocked all my roles, levelled a bit in each to see how they work. Went from level 1 to 17 of the dlc pass in a few hours yesterday evening. Overall balance between the gameplay and monetisation feels much more player friendly than before (and drastically different from GTAO) and it seems R* really listened to feedback. For instance, I enormously enjoy having more reasons to travel to different parts of the map; bounties (legendary especially) bring in more storytelling/immersion into free mode; tracking my first bounty on a moving train and the other event where everyone's trying to control a train was fab - had a lot of flashbacks to our own 'death train' months ago.

I'm still learning the ropes but the three roles seem to work nicely together, I kind settled into a routine:

• start with hunting and collecting stuff that is on my way to the camp (checking the map https://jeanropke.github.io/RDR2CollectorsMap/; thanks @CapGunPewPew for sharing!),
  • at the camp make the top quality "XP stew", throw any remaining hunting materials at Cripps and do a resupply mission if needed,
  • head to a bounty board hunting and collecting on the way as before, do a bounty or two
  • head back to the camp and rinse and repeat

I throw in some daily challenges here and there but don't really go out of my way to do them. Can't say much about the rewards/return on investments or how quickly it all will become too repetitive but for the time being I love the relaxing wild west atmosphere of it all. If anyone is still not sold on the update I'd really recommend trying it out. Hopefully could spice it up soon with you guys by hunting larger bounties or doing the large and far deliveries! 

Same here. I love this update. Plenty of things to do and rewards/unlocks for doing them. I’m not one of those that needs constant action and killing each other to enjoy myself. I’m sure boredom will strike at sometime but for now I’m having a blast. 

I love having a way to explore the entire map and not be stuck playing as that idiot John in story mode. 

Edit: That interactive map is not perfect. Some of the flowers are NOT what the map says they are. I also found items in areas not marked on it. 

Edited by SINISTER120

This map has huge amounts of random loot spawns Sinister. The ones on the map are the static spawn points that rotate every day with a cycle of three . It changes at 8 p.m. Eastern standard Time. The others are completely random with location and what is in them and those are not on the map.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

1 hour ago, zztop911 said:

This map has huge amounts of random loot spawns Sinister. The ones on the map are the static spawn points that rotate every day with a cycle of three . It changes at 8 p.m. Eastern standard Time. The others are completely random with location and what is in them and those are not on the map.

Thanks for clarifying :)

Doesn’t change the wrong flower thing though ;)

The update on Tuesday fixed a glitch that allowed players to pull a "Pacific Standard" with Trader missions. A consequence of that update is that disconnecting your internet will no longer keep you from losing your sale to any randoms that steal it.

1 hour ago, Sinister said:

The update on Tuesday fixed a glitch that allowed players to pull a "Pacific Standard" with Trader missions. A consequence of that update is that disconnecting your internet will no longer keep you from losing your sale to any randoms that steal it.

So if we get disconnected during a sale, we're screwed. How typical of Rockstar!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

4 hours ago, Burgermauger said:

Has anyone else noticed if you have your metal detector out you don’t feel the pulse in the controller for the other collector items that aren’t metal?

Yes. Using the metal detector cancels the controller vibrations for all other collectible types out. 

Edited by SINISTER120

15 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Yes. Using the metal detector cancels out all other collectible items. 

It cancels vibrations, but not eagle eye.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

This is why I rage quit on a Showdown series this afternoon!

I had to look this up!!

Hopefully R* will fix this soon!

I have those cards fully upgraded after selling a bunch of sets to the gypsy.

I only had to buy and upgrade one card, but I haven't tested the set yet.

Edited by zztop911
  • Thanks 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!