New Summer Update Thread

pete_95973

Another important tip:  While making a trader sale, if you get attacked by player or if you wreck the wagon,  just quickly disconnect your internet. No losses will occur.

Set up the disconnect before you start the sale mission so that all you have to do is double tap the PSN button and hit X to disconnect.

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zztop911

• Sinister

• pete_95973

• piotras

FYI..............There's bug where Madam Nazar won't appear on your map. She's still there. Just search for her on YT restricted for the day.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

3 hours ago, zztop911 said:

griefing is pretty much non-existent...

Truth. I’ve ran into plenty of random players and they go right on by doing their own thing.

13 hours ago, Sinister said:

Truth. I’ve ran into plenty of random players and they go right on by doing their own thing.

But that MAY be only until they run out o content.  Only time will tell.

• Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

On 9/12/2019 at 11:17 AM, Beez said:

I started with the Collector role and after the initial mission I bought the American wild flower map for $12. Found one flower in that session. Yesterday I tried to find a second flower and spent over an hour looking for it. Combed the area several times and never found it. Today the map is missing from my inventory. Also can’t see the Gypsie on the map anymore. 

Today I tried the Trader role and it seems difficult to fill up the supplies. 

I have found that the eagle eye does not seem to work all the time on some of the items. I have also found that you do not need to have a map to find items so I have been scouring buildings and funky areas with some pretty good luck at finding collectibles.

• Like 1

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

19 hours ago, zztop911 said:

FYI..............There's bug where Madam Nazar won't appear on your map. She's still there. Just search for her on YT restricted for the day.

I do not see her on my maps anymore but I do not understand what YT restricted is.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing - General Dwight Eisenhower Allied Supreme Commander WWII

21 hours ago, zztop911 said:

Al.............It's pretty damn fun! Some are really missing out! If you see me playing RDR2, don't hesitate to shoot me a PSN msg and we can play together. Since the DLC, griefing is pretty much non-existent and there are tons of fun things to do and LOTS of money to be made while you're doing it!

I'll have a busy week this week before  I'm on and off travelling till early October, but I like how the game is shaping up, will do my best to set up my roles and join you guys, good to know there's more to do in the game now!

5 hours ago, ErnYoung said:

I do not see her on my maps anymore but I do not understand what YT restricted is.

A search on YouTube for her with the search restricted to that day.

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

19 hours ago, ErnYoung said:

13 hours ago, zztop911 said:

A search on YouTube for her with the search restricted to that day.

We can try to keep track of her location here:

55 minutes ago, Protocawl said:

We can try to keep track of her location here:

It changes every day.

There are a few guys that make vids daily just to tell us where she is that day.

Just search YouTube for"Madam Nazar" and then restrict the search to that day.

It's that easy!

Because Fat Buds Matter!

6 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

It changes every day.

There are a few guys that make vids daily just to tell us where she is that day.

Just search YouTube for"Madam Nazar" and then restrict the search to that day.

It's that easy!

Yea I found that out. She is also starting to show back up in the same spot. i.e. yesterday she was in blue marsh again. Wonder if they are static locations like collections. 

2 minutes ago, CapGunPewPew said:

Yea I found that out. She is also starting to show back up in the same spot. i.e. yesterday she was in blue marsh again. Wonder if they are static locations like collections. 

There is a way to SEE all the possible spawn spots. .........something about getting a wanted level and the sorts. I don't remember the specifics.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

My new best saddle. I switched from the Panther saddle.

The Nacogdoches  saddle! The stats are a bit better and make sure you pair it with the funky covered stirrups for a speed increase(The Hooded Stirrup). My horse can now sprint from one side of the map to the other without feeding, if you feed and brush before starting. Something I always do now at camp before I start anything.

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

The collector role is the only one I have not done yet but I have already found two collectibles randomly.  Pretty cool.  I also found a treasure map randomly just riding down a road and I saw it off to the left in some trees glowing.  Nice that you can randomly come across these things exploring the map.

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

11 minutes ago, pete_95973 said:

The collector role is the only one I have not done yet but I have already found two collectibles randomly.  Pretty cool.  I also found a treasure map randomly just riding down a road and I saw it off to the left in some trees glowing.  Nice that you can randomly come across these things exploring the map.

Since this DLC came out, I have collected a crazy amount of treasure maps(11 or 12) from different means. Only one from a hideout.

Treasure map tip: AT NIGHT on the western split of the railroad tracks above St Denis and between Van horn, traveling north, there will sometime be a light to the right of the tracks. Below the light there will be a treasure map for the taking. There are several other locations, but this is one I can remember.

Edited by zztop911
  • Like 1

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Let's talk Collector maps:

I'm level 20. I've bought several rounds of maps.  I'm pretty sure I bought my last round of maps a day or so ago.  They are just not really worth it. You will ALWAYS have at least one item, usually three on larger collections, that will never show up as one of the locations on the maps you buy. They will only be duplications of what you already have. They do that to suck more $$ from you.

For the low rank collector:

On the large collections, I could see MAYBE buying two sets of the maps and then doing a search on YouTube to find the ones you're missing. The spawn point have 3 sets of set locations that rotate daily. Buying the maps and collecting the objects WILL rank you up and help you get tools to be able to do other kinds of collections. You can't do some collections without the shovel and/or metal detector.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

57 minutes ago, zztop911 said:

Let's talk Collector maps:

I'm level 20. I've bought several rounds of maps.  I'm pretty sure I bought my last round of maps a day or so ago.  They are just not really worth it. You will ALWAYS have at least one item, usually three on larger collections, that will never show up as one of the locations on the maps you buy. They will only be duplications of what you already have. They do that to suck more $$ from you.

For the low rank collector:

On the large collections, I could see MAYBE buying two sets of the maps and then doing a search on YouTube to find the ones you're missing. The spawn point have 3 sets of set locations that rotate daily. Buying the maps and collecting the objects WILL rank you up and help you get tools to be able to do other kinds of collections. You can't do some collections without the shovel and/or metal detector.

I bought a map for the flowers when I first started the collector. No flowers spawned in the marked areas. Haven't bought another map since. I've got the collector maxed out now and have several collections only 1 piece away from full. 

If you barely have enough for the shovel and metal detector, BUY THEM! You won't regret it. 

49 minutes ago, DeaD_GooN said:

I bought a map for the flowers when I first started the collector. No flowers spawned in the marked areas. Haven't bought another map since. I've got the collector maxed out now and have several collections only 1 piece away from full. 

If you barely have enough for the shovel and metal detector, BUY THEM! You won't regret it. 

They were there. The flowers are pretty difficult to find. Most places have LOTS of other things to pick, this makes it difficult to pick out of all the others.

Yup, shovel and metal detector are must buys and in that order of precedence.

Because Fat Buds Matter!