New Summer Update Thread

pete_95973

Here is a thread to discuss the new summer update.  Ask questions and share what tips and knowledge you have learned.

Here are the patch notes:     https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/360035129854/RDR2-Title-Update-1-11-Notes-PS4-Xbox-One

Here is my new friend, Loomis...

qwtE1JL.jpg

Edited by pete2581
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zztop911

• Sinister

• pete_95973

• piotras

IF you plan on fully playing this new DLC, be sure to purchase the Outlaw Pass from the catalog. It costs 35 gold bars, but if you fully go thru the ranks, you will get ALL of that back. My biggest reason would be the 25% XP boost.

You can play the DLC thru and purchase it before the end of the outlaw pass and still get all the items, but you lose out on the XP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I only grow in living soil!
Because Fat Buds Matter!

The game is faster than before and that reminds me to the first Red Dead Redemption, really good job there. Some of us experienced a glitch that made our aim mode change suddenly, I thought it was a simple bug but it happened more than twice in a few hours. I guess it will be fixed in future updates.

25 minutes ago, Lann said:

Got a error 3 times trying to enter freeroam first time in many months, might try again.

Exactly how did you try to join? If you haven't played for a while, the best way is to join a region. Otherwise just go freeroam where you left off if that's where you want to be.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

2 minutes ago, Lann said:

I tried 4 different ways. Freeroam, a region, as a trader and some other thing. Only thing i did not try was to join a series.

DAMN! Ultra had the same problem yesterday.

None like that for me.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

The trader role seems a very good money maker, for those that need it. For very little effort you can do a local delivery for around $60 that takes less time than a stranger mission paying $10. I haven't tried the other two yet. Only done two deliveries so far. One was just drive to the customer, nothing happened on-route. The other was more interesting needing to deal with bandits attacking the customer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Decided to try this out today. Spent a few hours with ZZ and Ultra and had fun collecting bounties and such.

Pleasantly surprised by this update and so far any negativity I had has proven unfounded :) Now that there are things to do and goals to pursue I see myself spending more time with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Sinister said:

Decided to try this out today. Spent a few hours with ZZ and Ultra and had fun collecting bounties and such.

Pleasantly surprised by this update and so far any negativity I had has proven unfounded :) Now that there are things to do and goals to pursue I see myself spending more time with it.

I think more crew need to try this together. I played way too long, but it was pretty fun and got a LOT of new stuff and ranked up quite a lot in the Outlaw Pass club.

One tip on bounties.: If you want a live bounty, you can't really lasso them twice. They will die on the second time. Don't let them get away. If you get the prompt to hit them while on horseback, do it. They are trying to get loose.

• Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!

13 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Yes they do. Last night was the co op stuff that I have wanted for years.  Aside from the one group we weren’t really messed with by others. 

Yeah, I should have pulled out my dynamite arrows on them. Ultra did get a few kills, but they all seemed to have Slippery Bastard on.

I think the best role for a large posse would be the trader with Cripps. 8 people hunting can get stocks full pretty quick. Eventually with a large wagon, 100 item sales could be done at the long distance and chances that randoms would be a problem are diminished to a bare minimum with a very large payout........around $312 if there's no bonus for a large shipment vs small one.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

I started with the Collector role and after the initial mission I bought the American wild flower map for $12. Found one flower in that session. Yesterday I tried to find a second flower and spent over an hour looking for it. Combed the area several times and never found it. Today the map is missing from my inventory. Also can’t see the Gypsie on the map anymore. 

Today I tried the Trader role and it seems difficult to fill up the supplies. 

12 hours ago, Sinister said:

I agree.  It is pretty fun.  I still think we need a creator and playlists, but as far as having things to do in free roam this helps so much.  So far I have done the bounty hunter and trader.  I spent time hunting and filling up my materials for Cripps, and then when that is building value I go grab a bounty or two and then come back and sell the goods.  I imagine when I throw the collector role in the mix there will be much more to do.

• Like 1

tenor.gif?itemid=5199497

I’m in the minority, I don’t care if playlists ever show up. I want nothing to do with PvP in this game as long as the idiotic ability cards are in the mix. 

Of course doing anything alone gets old quick and these roles are no different. My fun was in having a posse of friends to take them on with. :)

1 hour ago, Beez said:

I started with the Collector role and after the initial mission I bought the American wild flower map for $12. Found one flower in that session. Yesterday I tried to find a second flower and spent over an hour looking for it. Combed the area several times and never found it. Today the map is missing from my inventory. Also can’t see the Gypsie on the map anymore. 

Today I tried the Trader role and it seems difficult to fill up the supplies. 

I think it is a bug but those collector maps are apparently a one use item. I’ve seen some mention of it over at GTAF. Of course that place is almost nothing but bitching and crying so take it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sinister said:

I’m in the minority, I don’t care if playlists ever show up. I want nothing to do with PvP in this game as long as the idiotic ability cards are in the mix. 

Of course doing anything alone gets old quick and these roles are no different. My fun was in having a posse of friends to take them on with. :)

I think it is a bug but those collector maps are apparently a one use item. I’ve seen some mention of it over at GTAF. Of course that place is almost nothing but bitching and crying so take it with a grain of salt. 

I’m with you Sinister, I couldn’t care less about playlists. I haven’t had time to try the new update out yet but from everything I’ve read and watched this is everything I’ve wanted from the game. I’m not a PvP fan, this seems to have all the fun this crew should need in a game. 

• Like 1

Be aware of a horse problem:

If your horse is killed and it says calling out Scrawny Nag, it may say that it's your REGULAR  horse and look like it, but it has Scrawny Nag's stats!

We were far from the stables, I had Ultra shoot my horse. The actual regular horse came back.

Because Fat Buds Matter!

Haven't tried any of this yet but I'm tempted.

Is anyone planning a crew event? I wouldn't mind trying hunting/bounties in a larger group. I've seen some vids and the payouts for helping others do their deliveries, etc. seem to be better than GTA (at first glance at least).

1 hour ago, AlCohonez said:

Is anyone planning a crew event? 

Nope. I only see a couple of crew members playing this game. I believe the majority are going to continue to ignore it until the ability to organize crew kill fests is introduced. I don’t think that is ever going to happen. R* appears to want this game to be mostly played in the sand box. They definitely want it played by their rules.

Edited by SINISTER120

2 hours ago, Sinister said:

Nope. I only see a couple of crew members playing this game. I believe the majority are going to continue to ignore it until the ability to organize crew kill fests is introduced. I don’t think that is ever going to happen. R* appears to want this game to be mostly played in the sand box. They definitely want it played by their rules.

3 hours ago, AlCohonez said:

Haven't tried any of this yet but I'm tempted.

Is anyone planning a crew event? I wouldn't mind trying hunting/bounties in a larger group. I've seen some vids and the payouts for helping others do their deliveries, etc. seem to be better than GTA (at first glance at least).

Al.............It's pretty damn fun! Some are really missing out! If you see me playing RDR2, don't hesitate to shoot me a PSN msg and we can play together. Since the DLC, griefing is pretty much non-existent and there are tons of fun things to do and LOTS of money to be made while you're doing it!

Sinister..................Kinda the impression I'm getting. It's a shame too!

• Like 2

Because Fat Buds Matter!