RSC Film Club

LimeGreenLegend

July nominations 

Braindead

Bitch Slap (x2)

Sharknado

Escape from New York

They Live

You can nominate until Friday, when @Con will spin the winner.

• Like 1

@Con you wanna do this sometime today?  Doubt we'll get anymore nominations, make sure to put yours in though :) 

Also, what has been everyone's film club film so far?  For me it's Chicago and Rush.

Edited by LimeGreenLegend
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

@Con you wanna do this sometime today?  Doubt we'll get anymore nominations, make sure to put yours in though :) 

Also, what has been everyone's film club film so far?  For me it's Chicago and Rush.

I'll spin the wheel first thing tomorrow or after Spin's nominee. So just keep an eye out. 

My faves have been Aliens and The French Connection.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

You got anything @Spinnaker1981? I'm sure @Conwould like to get this done before the 4th of July celebrations start properly.

@Spinnaker1981 you have about six hours and then I’m spinning the wheel.

i think my nominee will be FEAST. There are others like Samurai Cop but I think are too schlocky and poor to chance the wheel with. lol. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2019 at 8:26 PM, LimeGreenLegend said:

Also, what has been everyone's film club film so far?

Of the main films it's probably the French Connection, simply because it's a good film I had never seen it before but always thought I should get round to seeing it at some point. But including the extra films, it's Rush.

• Like 2

Shit, totally forgot with the RL kicking in!! 

I think Europa Report is a good “sci fi” B-movie... 

Also another chapter taken from Arthur C Clarke’s 2010... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Looks like it's time to spin, @Con

Sadly im at work at the moment. I wont get to spin for another four hours or so. But will spin that thang as soon as I can today! 

• Thanks 1

The Mist 2007

It's a horror Thriller movie that feel like it came straight out of the 90's.

It shows our innate behavior in times of extreme situations & the steps taken to survive or resolve pending issues.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Smurf said:

The Mist 2007

It's a horror Thriller movie that feel like it came straight out of the 90's.

It shows our innate behavior in times of extreme situations & the steps taken to survive or resolve pending issues.

Nice pick, love the ending of that film, but we’ve already picked a film for this month, They Live.

We’ll be picking a new film at the start of next month if you wanna get in on the action, and you can always join in this month as well :) 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Nice pick, love the ending of that film, but we’ve already picked a film for this month, They Live.

We’ll be picking a new film at the start of next month if you wanna get in on the action, and you can always join in this month as well :) 

@Smurf I almost nominated that myself. I love that movie. Bad news is we already spun the wheel. Good news is you can watch They Live! And gives us your thoughts in the They Live! Thread. The other good news is keep an eye open towards the end of the month when we nominate Genre & Films in this thread.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I know we have selected our movie for this month, however a trailer has just dropped for a new movie which fits our category perfectly. It’s out next month and it looks epically terrible and I can’t wait! 

Edited by Squirrel
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I know we have selected our movie for this month, however a trailer has just dropped for a new movie which fits our category perfectly. It’s out next month and it looks epically terrible and I can’t wait! 

Unofficial Film Club Extra!!!! lol. I will try and watch it. LMFAO. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like only me and @djw180 have watched They Live so far!  There's been a dip in participation for this the last couple of months, and I'd like to see that turn around.  I hope it's not too much to ask to watch one film a month, even if it's something you think you won't like, I'm genuinely interested to hear your opinions on these films, whether they are positive or negative.  

You also don't need to write much, a simple "i liked it" or "it sucked" would be fine with me :D 

Also, the films that we've picked so far are all interesting, and whether people have liked them or not, no one has said any of them were boring, so you'll at least be entertained for a couple of hours a month :) 

Anyway, it's near the end of the month, so time to nominate a new genre for August.

I'll start with British Comedy

• Like 1

I watched it, and I love reading your reviews, but god didn’t award me with writing skills and both you and Con do a wonderful job in reviewing those. I watched all movies so far! This one is a 3/5 for my taste. Starts amazingly well, and starting from the fight between them it loses interest. It was a good choice, I had never seen it and it is a movie that is worth seeing and least once in your life. 

• Like 2