RSC Film Club

LimeGreenLegend

9 minutes ago, Spinnaker1981 said:

Are you going to go my way? Thank you!!! :P

alien day yes GIF by Nerdist.com

Congrats! 

If anyone wants to do a side viewing of one of the other nominees, let me know as I have never seen or don’t remember much... they are Gravity, Interstellar, Event Horizon, Life and Europa Report. 

20 minutes ago, Con said:

alien day yes GIF by Nerdist.com

Congrats! 

If anyone wants to do a side viewing of one of the other nominees, let me know as I have never seen or don’t remember much... they are Gravity, Interstellar, Event Horizon, Life and Europa Report. 

Sure, want to spinn (see what i did there?) the wheel for the side viewing?

Can we watch only the side viewing ? ? 

Already saw Aliens a couple times, was hoping to watch one I had never seen before. 

Oh well, I'll add them to my watch list for later. 

1 minute ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Already saw Aliens a couple times, was hoping to watch one I had never seen before. 

I’ll probably watch it tonight. How should we approach the side viewing? See who is in and resubmit nominees? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fido_le_muet said:

Although the main official film is Aliens, I have no problem if you want to watch one of the other nominations and add a review to your Aliens post, or you could start a separate thread for whatever you choose to watch.  I'll probably be watching a few of these films over the next month myself now that they're in my head.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Con said:

I’ll probably watch it tonight. How should we approach the side viewing? See who is in and resubmit nominees? 

I think what we should do is let people watch what they want from the list as a second film.  They can start their own thread and link it here and people can choose to participate.  I don't think I'll write as much as I do with the main film, but I'll certainly be interested in watching more.  Just don't want people to think they have to watch six films a month for the film club :D

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Although the main official film is Aliens, I have no problem if you want to watch one of the other nominations and add a review to your Aliens post, or you could start a separate thread for whatever you choose to watch.  I'll probably be watching a few of these films over the next month myself now that they're in my head.

Im going to give both films equal love. We could also keep the side viewing reviews in the Rate the Last Film thread.

• Confused 1

Just now, Con said:

Im going to give both films equal love. We could also keep the side viewing reviews in the Rate the Last Film thread.

Rate The Last Film thread would be perfect.  Just have to let everyone know what you're gonna watch in here so we can join in if we want.

• Like 1

If we select a second film with the wheel, I think it deserves its own topic like the main one. 

Now if someone watches another one, it should go in the Rate The Last Film topic IMO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fido_le_muet said:

If we select a second film with the wheel, I think it deserves its own topic like the main one. 

Now if someone watches another one, it should go in the Rate The Last Film topic IMO. 

Ok, but what films will be on the wheel?  For me, we should halve the list, and I'll be happy to leave it to @Con to choose which films go forward.  He can pick the ones he finds most interesting/hasn't seen before, spin those, and we can call it Cons Pick :D 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Ok, but what films will be on the wheel?  For me, we should halve the list, and I'll be happy to leave it to @Con to choose which films go forward.  He can pick the ones he finds most interesting/hasn't seen before, spin those, and we can call it Cons Pick :D 

No let’s call it Fido’s Walmart Bin Special. 

• Haha 3

The films I would put on the wheel for side viewing are:

Gravity

Interstellar

Event Horizon

Sunshine

please add any others from the current list and I’ll spin the wheel later.

Edited by Con
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Con said:

The films I would put on the wheel for side viewing are:

Gravity

Interstellar

Event Horizon

Interstellar 

Sunshine

please add any others from the current list and I’ll spin the wheel later.

Nice list, but you have Interstellar twice :D 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LimeGreenLegend said:

Nice list, but you have Interstellar twice :D 

You’re seeing things. :D 

Anyhow if anyone wants to add let me know. I will wait for Beez before I make it final cause he is busy during the day and want him to have a vote, he might want to watch E.T. :D You know about Eddie Torres the Colombian astronaut that smuggled cocaine onto the space shuttle and gets martians addicted and stuff. 

Edited by Con
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Con said:

You’re seeing things. :D 

Anyhow if anyone wants to add let me know. I will wait for Beez before I make it final cause he is busy during the day and want him to have a vote, he might want to watch E.T. :D

Was thinking we would keep it to films already nominated, just easier that way, people have already picked what they would like to see.

• Haha 1

@Beez Do you want to participate in the side viewing? And if yes, please let me know so I can put your picks on the wheel. If you dont think you will be able to join the side viewing, please let me know so I can then spin the wheel with the current list. Thanks!