• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• newyork-nightmare

• Dodge

• DavidCore89

• rumdig

Lol :P

If you wanna be sure to beat me set the class to muscle or sports classics, those I can't handle for shit. Might get lucky with a muscle car from time to time, but that's about it!

Seems like I'm on fire today though, 25 races and 21 wins ^^

The only sure fire way to beat you...is a well placed sticky bomb! Better do a walk around before climbing in your car

• Like 1

I would have 21/25 wins too if I raced pedro. :P

What about you, LN-MLB and asspec? ;)

Edited by desuno1

desuno1.jpg

Can't speak for the other 2, but the only difference between me and pedro is that I at least try to follow the checkpoints. :D

Sometimes I even manage it without hitting anything else too. Approximately 1 out of 5 times, as my racing record is pretty poor, wiinning around 20% of races I enter. To be fair, most of them have either rev or desuno on the starting grid, or both along with DC.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

so with all these new changes in the game. Has anything changed with the racing part of the game?

I have been out of the loop with the last two updates. 

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

so with all these new changes in the game. Has anything changed with the racing part of the game?

I have been out of the loop with the last two updates. 

Not really, just make sure to put a spoiler on your car since it now adds a little more traction.

desuno1.jpg

hahaha I need all the traction I can get. Too bad we cant put the phoenix spoiler on all the cars. 

0_0.jpg

newyorknightmar3.jpg

hahaha I need all the traction I can get. Too bad we cant put the phoenix spoiler on all the cars. 

0_0.jpg

Lol :P The size of the spoiler doesn't matter though, they all add the same amount of traction ^^

desuno1.jpg

I was looking forward to some racing today in dani's session. But I couldn't connect.

Maybe tonight.

newyorknightmar3.jpg

• 1 year later...

that desuno guy, he was a hard to even keep up with when it came to racing, let alone win against. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sinister said:

Fast-forward nearly 2 years and this crew has lots of untouchable racers.

Yup, but at one point in time most were beatable. 2 years ago @Dodge sole purpose in life was to try and beat @DavidCore89 in a race. I was reading a topic earlier from way back and @DeaD_GooN had mentioned how bad he got smoked in his first XDBX playlist.

• Like 2

The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

:default_sign0081:

Yep, I remember how bad I was at racing when we started. I had never raced in GTA before XDBX. Beating @DavidCore89 at racing was my sole purpose for playing back then. :lol:

Now on most days, I feel I can keep pace with @DavidCore89, @no_snacks, @Banketelli, @ScottyB, @G37, and all the other really fast drivers in this crew. So we've all come a long way. 

Edited by Dodge

Dodgeservice.png

This is an old topic!

It's funny how things change.

I've played racing games for nearly 20 years, so I was already racing at my best in GTA and didn't get better, but the others in the crew keep on getting better and it's hard to keep up.

I was bored and was reading the old topics I created and commented on one.  Some of my comments were so frigging stupid.  I have only had one race with the crew so far this time around.

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Was just discussing something similar with @no_snacks last night.

It's amazing how people have different sensibilities and inherent skills.

When I first joined the crew, IMO, I already entered at a high level for deathmatch skill (besides being auto-aim, knowledge of terrain, strategy, mechanics, etc). The gap in skill level was very noticeable but we had some folks with a lot of potential.

Years later I don't feel as if I've improved much. More often than not I'll still finish with a high K/D but I won't always be MVP and I won't always help a team win either. I believe there's a ceiling for just about anything that you can only push yourself so hard in before you top out, so to speak. The difference between my abilities and everyone else's has shortened immensely. Now any number of folks can claim MVP and there's literally no one I wouldn't feel confident in having on my team, poor matchmaking/balancing aside (that's something we can't help). I think my one saving grace here is that I perform well under pressure, like in H2H settings so it's not just about becoming comfortable with the same group and working out what's familiar. My own personal experience anyway.

On the flip side I thought I was a decent racer at first but it was just the same here. I was middle of the pack usually at best and there were folks like @DavidCore89 that you'd just always bet on. Fast forward again and I feel I've improved extensively since then where I can compete against some of our very best. Because of how I play and my own inherent abilities, I'm not the most likely to set the best lap on any given race amongst those peers but I've become consistent if nothing else. Some will push things much harder than they should and they'll stuff it up and that allows me wins. At the end of the day though, there's always gonna be the people who are most likely to win, even if a lot of us can compete, like DC. In a real life situation my money is gonna be on someone like him. But it is great that an even larger number of us can take the win at any given time.

Goes for everyone really. Even if you can't race I guarantee there's a lot of other things you're better at than anyone here because of your own natural talents.

• Like 4

: FIRE :

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder." - The Place Between The Pines

Yeah. I'd like to see you guys pull an Allison transmission out of an Oshkosh Cement Mixer and reseal the REPTO Flywheel housing on the ISM Cummins under the hood. All that after you resealed the front gear housing and the rocker box cover on that same Cummins.

;)

Edited by SINISTER120
  • Like 1

Never messed with a PTO on a Cummins, or a Cement Mixer, but I have dealt with the PTO on a 5500 Chevy Rollback. Also had the PTO out on an International 4700 with a Spicer 5552 Trans. Fun shit. You can have that all day long...

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

4 hours ago, G37 said:

Goes for everyone really. Even if you can't race I guarantee there's a lot of other things you're better at than anyone here because of your own natural talents.

I can say that I have never found my natural talent when it came to this game. Pretty much blow at everything. (then and now) 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

21 minutes ago, Dodge said:

Never messed with a PTO on a Cummins, or a Cement Mixer, but I have dealt with the PTO on a 5500 Chevy Rollback. Also had the PTO out on an International 4700 with a Spicer 5552 Trans. Fun shit. You can have that all day long...

Regular old PTO's are cake for the most part. It's the heavy ass hydraulic pumps and crap that suck. I prefer the MACK mixers, they run the hydraulics off of the front of the crankshaft. No heavy gears and other junk to mess with. Lots more hydraulic lines though.

Folks think us big truck mechanics have lots of room to work in. Nope, we have bigger, heavier parts stuffed into small places. A mack transmission can be bigger than a small block v8. Hell, some are more like a big block.

I hate MACK trucks and Florida is packed full of the damned things.

• Like 1

stupid ass question below.  Remember Im only 4 days into playing the game on ps4

during some racing today with dodge I had to hold down the 0 button to get the old style view on my screen. I could not handle to first person view from the steering wheel. Was I doing something wrong for that view to keep coming back? Or was  that a new setting for some races?

newyorknightmar3.jpg

I was messing with the settings right before I got the invite. It was probably me.  

newyorknightmar3.jpg