• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• newyork-nightmare

• Dodge

• DavidCore89

• rumdig

has anyone ever passed and beat Rev? I played his race the other day with the 20 mountain drew ramps in the water.  Quite  the challenge.

Nobody can beat him on his tracks. But I can beat him on mine. My tracks dont seem to be very conducive to Rev.

• Like 1

Dodgeservice.png

need to download some of your races dodge

"You have enemies? good, that means you stood up for something in your life"

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Ive been running Scouring the projects alot, others I will get on today

newyorknightmar3.jpg

yeah but I dont have all the car classes yet. waiting for tomorrow.. 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

has anyone ever passed and beat Rev? I played his race the other day with the 20 mountain drew ramps in the water.  Quite  the challenge. 

That race drove me insane !

I tried to go over those ramps a hundred times !

I would recommend 'Past the Business Center' as a good track for practicing your driving skills.

It makes you practice finding racing lines and controlling your car, since it's both technical and fast. It also makes you practice using your brakes, if you don't you'll most likely spin out and loose control of your car. The track also has many places where you can overtake people, which also helps you with practicing that. 

I think it's very suitable for practicing this thing called 'racing'. If you master it, there's not a track that you won't do good at.

• Like 1

desuno1.jpg

by reading the post yesterday about turning and the apex and all that stuff. I already raced today a little better.

I finished the race with you and rev. Usually get DNF! 

newyorknightmar3.jpg

by reading the post yesterday about turning and the apex and all that stuff. I already raced today a little better.

I finished the race with you and rev. Usually get DNF! 

Very nice. Glad we could help.

Dodgeservice.png

thanks again!!

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Just got beat in an epic race (since I had a shot at the win for once :)) by Rumdig and he mentioned something like I "was trying to take him out". He won so it wasn't a big deal but I'm wondering: Say you're in first place on a long straight to the finish: Is it fair play to block your opponent from passing you by taking your slipstream? I totally got his point but to me it felt normal, I never wanted to play nasty...

• Like 1

Just got beat in an epic race (since I had a shot at the win for once :)) by Rumdig and he mentioned something like I "was trying to take him out". He won so it wasn't a big deal but I'm wondering: Say you're in first place on a long straight to the finish: Is it fair play to block your opponent from passing you by taking your slipstream? I totally got his point but to me it felt normal, I never wanted to play nasty...

It's a pointless thing to try, you'll never stop a slipstreaming car from overtaking without taking both off track.

Let them pass and get straight in the slip stream yourself.

That is why I like to race without slipstream, it's not right. 

• Like 1

Hey man, it's no big deal. I mentioned taking me out because it "seemed" as though you moved over late, while I was next to you. I wouldn't have minded taking 2nd, you deserved it after holding 1st for that long ass race

I, personally, do not try to block. However, I don't necessarily see an issue with it either. 

You got it right when you said it was an epic race, and you've got to admit...I caught you  :D

• Like 1

I was and am honestly wondering about this in general, any more opinions on this? I'm talking about the situation right before the finish line only, otherwise I would always let anyone pass.

And you caught me indeed Rumdig, so close I was was, so close :) Guess I like races where people don't get to pick their cars :P

I say let them pass, if you try and block you could both crash out and both lose a couple of places....

Agreed, I don't mean slow down to let them pass though.

As pb said, you could both lose places, points and cash  :)

Agreed, I don't mean slow down to let them pass though.

As pb said, you could both lose places, points and cash :)

It happened yesterday on one of Newyork nightmares playlist races, was 3rd until the home straight and panda drafted me. All you can do is watch them fly past. I suppose you could try and prevent them slipstreaming you by moving to one side, not sure how well that would work though.

• Like 1

It happened yesterday on one of Newyork nightmares playlist races, was 3rd until the home straight and panda drafted me. All you can do is watch them fly past. I suppose you could try and prevent them slipstreaming you by moving to one side, not sure how well that would work though.

Yeah it is tough to do but it's possible.

I see a few such as rev, dodge and desuno often moving to one side to prevent the car behind from slipstreaming them, even if you can stop them using it for half a second - it could be the difference between 1st and 2nd.

• Like 1

Valkenburger I know how much you love posting funny pictures here, so I found one just for you on this topic. (Dirty Racer that you are)

10330249_669807783055498_439992897060191

• Like 6

newyorknightmar3.jpg

Lol, but driving like an idiot is all I know...

Did get what I was looking for thanks, thanks DavidCore89 and PB76! Breaking the slipstream before the actual pass is what I'll try to do from now on. Which in the heat of the moment might produce a frontal collision with a tree :D

Edited by Valkenburger
  • Like 1